• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I once got under the skin of CBS writer and Lakers whore Sam Quinn

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want better quality basketball material from yours truly. Tell that to your patented message board wannabe "babysitter".

I did actually post a legit basketball thread on possible HOFers yet it wasn't taken seriously simply because I'm not a Lakers apologist.
Although this may have a little to do with board moderation allowing a few too many personal attacks, it has more to do with your taking disagreement with your opinion as a personal attack. And has nothing to do with any ‘Lakers apologist’

Your HOF thread was good and spurred some discussion, even if I disagree with the premise. The problem again is that you take people having a different opinion too personally.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want better quality basketball material from yours truly. Tell that to your patented message board wannabe "babysitter".

I did actually post a legit basketball thread on possible HOFers yet it wasn't taken seriously simply because I'm not a Lakers apologist.

Dude.

You are nuts if you think you get ridiculed because of your fandom.

I call out the Laker homers more than anybody here.

You get ridiculed when you make shit posts.

Arguing Randy Smith belongs in the HOF is a shit post.

Want to start a legit conversation on the topic? Start it with a legitimately deserving candidate.

You know, like Artis Gilmore, Bernard King or even Rebecca Lobo.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.

Want to start a legit conversation on the topic? Start it with a legitimately deserving candidate.

Randy Smith (who I've never even heard of and claim to fame is not getting injured?) is not great, but KJ is worth a thread and debate as I feel he is one of the more underrated players; so to me it was not a shit post like this one.

Gotta stop posting soooooooo much hate as well. We know you hate the Lakers, their fans, and Draymond. You don't need to inject it into every post, especially when it is completely unrelated.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randy Smith (who I've never even heard of and claim to fame is not getting injured?) is not great, but KJ is worth a thread and debate as I feel he is one of the more underrated players; so to me it was not a shit post like this one.

Gotta stop posting soooooooo much hate as well. We know you hate the Lakers, their fans, and Draymond. You don't need to inject it into every post, especially when it is completely unrelated.
I wasn’t the one that brought up Draymond in the thread. In fact, I tried to avoid it. And yes, not getting injured in the 70’s is accomplishment. He was also one top shooting stars of that era before the three was a factor. That fact that you’ve never heard of the guy suggests that maybe you should’ve sat that one out.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.

Don’t know a lot about Lobo, but I’m pretty sure King and Gilmore are already in.

And no, you’re not a Lakers apologist per se, but you are for one of their fans’ general second-favorite team.

Who do you think Lakers fans will root for when they know their team sucks? Hint: It ain’t the Clippers or Kings…

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50+ replies here suggests otherwise.

50+ replies of ridiculing you for starting a twitter feud with someone that nobody has ever heard of before and then bragging about it.

This is pretty pathetic, even for you, Todd

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you think Lakers fans will root for when they know their team sucks? Hint: It ain’t the Clippers or Kings…

Nobody. Why do you think people want to root for a second team?

It's "Lakers or I don't give a shit"

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree but with the Bulls. Anyone that has more than their one main team is a moron. I have the Bulls then if they are eliminated I usually root for the best sentimental story. For example in football, my Colts are out but I would like to see the Cowboys win it all so my boy TY Hilton can get a ring after all the good years he gave us in Indianapolis.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn’t the one that brought up Draymond in the thread. In fact, I tried to avoid it. And yes, not getting injured in the 70’s is accomplishment. He was also one top shooting stars of that era before the three was a factor. That fact that you’ve never heard of the guy suggests that maybe you should’ve sat that one out.
If we've never heard of the guy it hardly makes sense to put them in the Hall of FAME, unless they have crazy good stats from a time we don't know much about. He doesn't.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that I have never heard of him strongly suggests he does not belong in the hall of fame. His game streak record was broken by AC Green, and he doesn't belong in the Hall either, and he has some rings.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t know a lot about Lobo, but I’m pretty sure King and Gilmore are already in.
Correct
And no, you’re not a Lakers apologist per se, but you are for one of their fans’ general second-favorite team.
Holy shit dude, just listen to yourself
There's millions of them so probably lots of answers to this

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but with the Bulls. Anyone that has more than their one main team is a moron. I have the Bulls then if they are eliminated I usually root for the best sentimental story. For example in football, my Colts are out but I would like to see the Cowboys win it all so my boy TY Hilton can get a ring after all the good years he gave us in Indianapolis.

I understand rooting for a team in a singular game. Or maybe even a playoff series.

Like if the Jazz are playing the Celtics, I will naturally hope the Jazz beat their tiny little green asses. But there's no way i'm buying a Rudy Gay jersey.

But to say Lakers fans are rooting for another team because they suck is just idiotic. Other than the 2020 Championship season, the Lakers have been sub-par (and thats saying it nicely) for almost a decade. I haven't seen a single Lakers fan, on this board or in person, root for another team.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta disagree with the more than one main team making you a moron. Many people have moved all over the place and lived in multiple places for years, growing attachments to teams. It's fine to have more than one team. Root for who you want to and how you want to; but please lose to the Pistons--lol

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that I have never heard of him strongly suggests he does not belong in the hall of fame. His game streak record was broken by AC Green, and he doesn't belong in the Hall either, and he has some rings.
If you happen to think A.C. Green is more deserving, that's your opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. See what I did there?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you happen to think A.C. Green is more deserving, that's your opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. See what I did there?
Were reasonable and didn’t take it personally? :clap:

Last edited:

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were reasonable and didn’t take it personally? :clap:
I'm guessing from the cake emoji that reasonable and not taking it personally were not what you were going for.
So, then, no, I don't really see what you did there. What was it?

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing from the cake emoji that reasonable and not taking it personally were not what you were going for.
So, then, no, I don't really see what you did there. What was it?
Yes, it was. Frankly I've clocked in at work now and don't care anymore.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is supposed to be an unbiased observer but he blocked me in Twitter last summer after he claimed a 34-year-old Russell Westbrook would be the most famous player in Pacers history...

Turns out I'm good at that with my evolved Twitter presence.

Obviously we're only a game over .500 and not where we want to be long-term but one has to be pleased with the progress this makeshift roster has made.

blah-blah-blah-bill-murray.gif

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, there are other teams I like to watch, but that's about it.

If I'm watching a game that doesn't involve the Lakers, I'll pick a team to root for to make it more fun, but I really don't care who wins.