• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I missed it, did Kaep get hate?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree

But Manning has 2 weeks to prepare for a game, that he knows he has to win to ever be considered the Greatest of all time.

I think Manning comes out pinpoint and methodical.

But, if any defense can stop the Broncos, it's Seattle

As much as 99% of everyone is going to make that game about the leagues greatest offense vs the leagues greatest defense, the story that will tell who wins is probably the other way. The average seattle offense vs the average denver defense is likely to be where that game is won or lost. If Denver can keep up their stingy defense against the run and neutralize Harvin it won't matter how good Seattle's defense is, but if Seattle can light up that D it's going to be tough to beat them.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so an nfl qb who cant read progressions.........im stupid for saying this?

are you kidding me?

besides maybe 1 or 2 guys name a qb who couldnt go through progressions thats suceeded?

Kaepernick has above average arm strength. If Harbaugh wants to develop his pocket skills he will focus on it. It seems he has been fine with having him be a one read and run QB. Where does the blame lie on the HC vs the player when he is running the plays/schemes he is given?

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as 99% of everyone is going to make that game about the leagues greatest offense vs the leagues greatest defense, the story that will tell who wins is probably the other way. The average seattle offense vs the average denver defense is likely to be where that game is won or lost. If Denver can keep up their stingy defense against the run and neutralize Harvin it won't matter how good Seattle's defense is, but if Seattle can light up that D it's going to be tough to beat them.

Denver played great against the run vs NE. But Lynch and Seattle are a better running game than NE.

Seattle has to control the clock and the line of scrimmage, cliche, I know, but it's true.

Obviously Seattle has as good a chance to win this game as Denver, but I feel like Manning is a man on a mission, and could retire if he wins this Super Bowl.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick has above average arm strength. If Harbaugh wants to develop his pocket skills he will focus on it. It seems he has been fine with having him be a one read and run QB. Where does the blame lie on the HC vs the player when he is running the plays/schemes he is given?

i agree on arm strength, im just stating he cant read progressions period. if he could, they would do it

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree on arm strength, im just stating he cant read progressions period. if he could, they would do it
I can just picture him now running down a long fly ball in left field, making a leaping catch, and then gunning down a runner at home who tagged up on the play. And on top of everything else, Kaep will be able to wear those baseball hats that he is so fond of nearly all the time!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I'm telling you if Harbaugh wanted that it would happen. All he has to do is tell him he doesn't give a shit if he gets sacked, but he is going to stand in there and make it through to his 3rd option no matter what it would happen. He calls the shots. They don't ask him to do that because they don't want to take away the weapon of his running. At some point and time they need to decide to go all in on him as a passer and stop trying to let his legs win them games. It has clearly come back to bite them the last two years in big games.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many QBs make that touchdown pass to Boldin, jumping off one foot, laser beam for 30 yards? Kid has talent. He has started for a year and a half, and has gotten his team farthe than most of your QBs have. Give the kid a break. It takes time to learn the NFL game. The 49ers were in that game because of him. The rest of the offense was putrid. He put them on his back. Yes, he made some bad passes. But he has the talent. Harbaugh will get it out of him.

that's called a lucky broken play, you cant survive off those.

the only reason this may young guys are llokking good this early is because of free agency teams have to start more younger players. the quality of play sucks because no team has well oiled vteran units so you have rely on athletic plays every now and again to get wins. At the end of the day Kaep isn't clutch.

Just another QB who runs around and throws some for highlights but no quality victories. SF as antire team has helped him look good but he cant carry a team to save his life and its about time someone blew up that stupid rumor about him being recruited by Ivy league schools because nothing I googled said anything solid about that.

His interviews are like trying to get a 5 year old to tell you about his day. He's just another jock.

I didn't say he wasn't an athletic talent though

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the stupidity regarding QB play on these forums is ridiculous. The kid makes mistakes and hasn't learned progressions or developed the touch that the good ones have, granted, but without Kaep yesterday, the Niners would have been hard-pressed to score 6 points and 3 of those only because of Aldon Smith on the first play.
Yes, most of that was on his legs but at the end he marched San Fran down the field and gave them a chance to win. We can criticize the decision on that last throw but Sherman made a great off-balance adjustment and frankly, Crabtree could have been a little more aggressive on it. You have to give the kid a chance to learn and develop. It's very rare that any QB is perfect in a year and a half. Hell, lots of veteran QB's haven't got to anywhere near where this kid is already.I'm not saying he will be great or anything of the sort. I just don't think anybody knows yet what this kid will or won't be. I only know this from the short time I've watched him. He's a gamer who isn't afraid and with the right tutor, he could develop into something special.

:10: Great post.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says you?? :laugh3:

Give me a bit more of a qualified observer!
My opinion is just as qualified as anyone else's. And I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people would agree. RW has what it takes to be a great QB in the league. Truth is, Kaep probably doesn't. He hasn't progressed at all this year from what I have seen. He is just about topped out, whereas RW doesn't show any signs of having hit his ceiling

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion is just as qualified as anyone else's. And I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people would agree. RW has what it takes to be a great QB in the league. Truth is, Kaep probably doesn't. He hasn't progressed at all this year from what I have seen. He is just about topped out, whereas RW doesn't show any signs of having hit his ceiling

I think great is overstating things. He will be solid but he will never be great. He doesn't have the tools to be great.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kaepernick has his his ceiling?? Jesus are you on drugs? My bet is hell yes!!

Just about topped out?? Have you ANYTHING to contribute to this conversation?? :L

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think great is overstating things. He will be solid but he will never be great. He doesn't have the tools to be great.

Being great is about making the most with what you have. The greatest qbs to ever play weren't perfect specimens.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being great is about making the most with what you have. The greatest qbs to ever play weren't perfect specimens.

I don't disagree. Look at Montana. He didn't have the strongest arm in the world but he was cool under pressure and overall, just a very smart QB who threw a very nice ball.

I am not sold on your boy but hey, I thought Ryan Leaf was going to be better than Peyton. That means I don't know shit.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
You call it rattled when someone is simply running for his life because his line sucks balls. He also made several incredible plays on the run. Your team pulled back on the blitzes after Seattle burned them a couple of times out of it. I agree they shouldn't have stopped it, but that wasn't the only thing you question about the coaching in that game. Like Gore getting 11 carries for 14y? What happened to being a running team?

That wasn't meant as a knock on Wilson at all. More about our pass rush in the beginning. It takes a lot to get Wilson rattled or second guessing.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its going to be interesting when the niners offer Kap a new contract. I bet they don't bust the salary cap. Had he won the SB last year....Those int's are likely going to be expensive.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep needs more time before the NFL throws in the towel on him.

He plays in a VERY good defensive division (just like all the NFC West QBs) and makes big plays to win games. I think he locks on to one receiver a little heavy and doesn't go through progressions as well..... but that can take some time to pick up. Few QBs come out of college with that skillset and the ones that do are usually top 5 picks. Wilson I think is much further along in that aspect of the game but his height was what dropped him 2 rounds.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its going to be interesting when the niners offer Kap a new contract. I bet they don't bust the salary cap. Had he won the SB last year....Those int's are likely going to be expensive.

I disagree. What other options do they have? Unless they can get a solid veteran, Kaep is the guy. The team isn't getting any younger. Look at the list of 30+ year old players they have. And with Willis at 29 and who knows how Bowman will recover, the window for the niners is closing.

59 Goodwin, Jonathan 35
94 Smith, Justin 34
81 Boldin, Anquan 34
22 Rogers, Carlos 33
68 Snyder, Adam 32
21 Gore, Frank 31
49 Tukuafu, Will 30
85 Davis, Vernon 30
55 Brooks, Ahmad 30
74 Staley, Joe 30
91 McDonald, Ray 30

The NFL is a young mans league......

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't read the whole thread, but what QB ever looks good in Seattle? Kaep was playing really well for 3 quarters and made a few bad plays in the 4th. Brees, Brady, Rodgers, and others all have looked pedestrian there against that D. The Seahawks could have Blaine Gabbert at QB and probably be in the Super Bowl right now.