• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I miss Vika.....!

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
come back soon Victoria, without you and the WS, WTA is BORING!!!!!!!

I miss her too. But do not worry, she will be back very very soon and put order in the WTA.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really hoping she comes back when it's right for her.

and that she's fit...she'd really fallen off with fitness, very obviously. i'm betting it's because she was in pain.

when she's fit, she can play serena tough.

simtast204

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss her too. But do not worry, she will be back very very soon and put order in the WTA.

I like Vika and miss her.....BUT lets not be carried away....Vika has NOTHING to do with "putting order to the WTA"........that's Serena's job! DON'T PUSH IT BUDDY!

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Vika and miss her.....BUT lets not be carried away....Vika has NOTHING to do with "putting order to the WTA"........that's Serena's job! DON'T PUSH IT BUDDY!

:lol: No, it is not. There is nobody in the WTA who has come close to consistently beat Serena than Vika. Vika beats everybody and badly. The only problem is her injuries of late. When she gets back the musical chairs will stop!

RJD11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: No, it is not. There is nobody in the WTA who has come close to consistently beat Serena than Vika. Vika beats everybody and badly. The only problem is her injuries of late. When she gets back the musical chairs will stop!

Yes it is ....a 3 - 14 h2h is not coming close to beating Serena consistently.

it is more like losing to Serena consistently. And that would be 2 - 15 if not

for a Serena injury.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it is ....a 3 - 14 h2h is not coming close to beating Serena consistently.

it is more like losing to Serena consistently. And that would be 2 - 15 if not

for a Serena injury

This is the kind of statement that confirms what Serena's detractors make; that Serena's fans always default to injury rather than the elevation of her opponent's game. The spewing of excuses for her is frankly unbecoming of fans of one of the greatest players to ever play the game. If you ask Serena herself she will tell you that Vika is the one who actually is her toughest opponent currently not when the young Vika went head to head against a great champion like Serena.

RJD11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the kind of statement that confirms what Serena's detractors make; that Serena's fans always default to injury rather than the elevation of her opponent's game. The spewing of excuses for her is frankly unbecoming of fans of one of the greatest players to ever play the game. If you ask Serena herself she will tell you that Vika is the one who actually is her toughest opponent currently not when the young Vika went head to head against a great champion like Serena.

No, a tactic for Serena detractors. Completely ignore the point of the post

and focus on one minute irrelevant and wrong point to attack. The FACT is

that a majority of the matches that Serena loses is because of injury. A healthy

and focused Serena rarely loses. Especially to top players in a big tournament.

And anyone who follows tennis knows that Serena was injured in the Semi vs

Venus in that Miami tourny. There have been many posts about it and many articles

posted. You don't believe it....look it up. Tennis fans know. Just like they know about

Serena's tweet of her ankle injury @ the AO vs Sloane where the same accusation of

excuse was made.

The FACT is the h2h clearly shows that Serena consistantly beats Vika when it counts

....for a big title. And the lame attempt to divert attention from that fact and create a

close rivalry now is just that...... :lame:. I like Vika and am not saying that it couldn't be a

great rivalry in the future. But so far....it is not. .........:suds:

RJD11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that a majority of the matches that Serena loses is because of injury. A healthy

Venus in that Miami tourny. There have been many posts about it and many articles

posted. You don't believe it....look it up. Tennis fans know. Just like they know about

Serena's tweet of her ankle injury @ the AO vs Sloane where the same accusation of

excuse was made.

The FACT is the h2h clearly shows that Serena consistantly beats Vika when it counts

....for a big title. And the lame attempt to divert attention from that fact and create a

close rivalry now is just that...... :lame:. I like Vika and am not saying that it couldn't be a

Victoria said: "I was just so happy to finish that match, because I was getting a little bit nervous in the end... I was getting overexcited of winning the match, because here is the match point. I think, "Yeah, okay, I got it now," and then [Serena] plays a good shot or I make a double fault. So just after the second one, I thought that I have to put first serve in, because it was tough serving with the sun, and I just had to keep going the same way no matter what." postmatch interview

Serena was troubled by left ankle and right thigh strains. Serena said: "It was hurting probably in my quarterfinal, and it just progressively got worse... It was a little difficult moving to the left and a little bit to the right. A little forward was also difficult.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

excuse was made.

GTFOH with your nonsensical condescending "tennis fans know." Who the fuck do you think I am, a baseball fan? I have played (albeit not at professional level) and followed tennis since the 1970's. Do you think Vika has not had her own share of ankle and toe injuries? What is a rivalry like? Who among the current players poses a real threat to Serena now if they are all healthy?

RJD11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GTFOH with your nonsensical condescending "tennis fans know." Who the fuck do you think I am, a baseball fan? I have played (albeit not at professional level) and followed tennis since the 1970's. Do you think Vika has not had her own share of ankle and toe injuries? What is a rivalry like? Who among the current players poses a real threat to Serena now if they are all healthy?

I really don't give a rats ass who you are.

I have played (albeit not at professional level) and followed tennis since the 1970's

and before also. Yes, I know Vika and all players have injuries. But I never brag

about Serena or any of the players I like winning vs another player who is injured.

I chalk it up to the game and move on. However many Serena detractors brag about

and count it as some sort of epiphany when their favs win vs Serena when she is hurt.

Its because of this and many of her detractors convenient selective memories that I

mention injuries, not to make excuses. Also for the benefit of newbies who may not

know any better. They might believe some of the stuff the detractors spew.

Over the many years of Serenas career and at certain times, several players have played

Serena " tough ". Davenport and Hingis early on, then Cappy and Henin, and for a short

time Kim and JJ. Last year Vika played her well. As I said I like Vika ( she is on my fav list )

but she was not at the point of being the player to " restore order to the WTA " as you suggested.

As to current players who pose threat to Serena. Potentially there are a few. and Vika is

one of them. But it hasn't happened yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't give a rats ass who you are.

I have played (albeit not at professional level) and followed tennis since the 1970's

and before also. Yes, I know Vika and all players have injuries. But I never brag

about Serena or any of the players I like winning vs another player who is injured.

I chalk it up to the game and move on. However many Serena detractors brag about

and count it as some sort of epiphany when their favs win vs Serena when she is hurt.

Its because of this and many of her detractors convenient selective memories that I

mention injuries, not to make excuses. Also for the benefit of newbies who may not

know any better. They might believe some of the stuff the detractors spew.

Over the many years of Serenas career and at certain times, several players have played

Serena " tough ". Davenport and Hingis early on, then Cappy and Henin, and for a short

time Kim and JJ. Last year Vika played her well. As I said I like Vika ( she is on my fav list )

but she was not at the point of being the player to " restore order to the WTA " as you suggested.

As to current players who pose threat to Serena. Potentially there are a few. and Vika is

one of them. But it hasn't happened yet.

In the first place, if you have been here for long you would know that I am one of the biggest supporters of Serena on this forum. To think that just because I disagree with you does not give you any more plank for you to stand on and claim I am not a real tennis fan. That is asinine statement right there. Just as you have the right to say Serena has no peers as I have said many times on this forum, I have also said Vika is her most challenging competitor. In fact a healthy Vika can beat Serena consistently now more than any current player. You can produce all the head to head you want, I could care less what you say. But you are not getting off with any attempt to claim because someone disagrees with you he is no fan of tennis. That is an imbecilic statement.

RJD11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the first place, if you have been here for long you would know that I am one of the biggest supporters of Serena on this forum. To think that just because I disagree with you does not give you any more plank for you to stand on and claim I am not a real tennis fan. That is asinine statement right there. Just as you have the right to say Serena has no peers as I have said many times on this forum, I have also said Vika is her most challenging competitor. In fact a healthy Vika can beat Serena consistently now more than any current player. You can produce all the head to head you want, I could care less what you say. But you are not getting off with any attempt to claim because someone disagrees with you he is no fan of tennis. That is an imbecilic statement.

As you can see I have not been here that long. And I never claimed you weren't a tennis

fan or a supporter of Serena. I merely disagreed with your statement about Vika bringing

order to the WTA as did Simtast. You are the one to start a rant about making excuses for

Serena and calling names. I never claimed anything about someone not agreeing with me

not being a tennis fan. Talk about imbecilic.