• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Guess The LA Chargers Didn't Grease His Palm?

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L.A. mayor on Chargers: 'We wish them luck'

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti wants Chargers to stay put

The mayor of Los Angeles won't be advocating for the addition of a second NFL team.
Instead, Eric Garcetti says he would like to see the Chargers stay in San Diego.

"We'd welcome any team to come here, but I love the idea of a great rivalry to the south," Garcetti said Wednesday. "We wish them luck."
Garcetti, speaking as a guest on ESPN Radio's Capital Games podcast, said he also hoped theRaiders would stay in Oakland.

The NFL's owners OK'd the Rams' bid last week to relocate to Los Angeles; the Chargers or Raiders could still join them. The Chargers have one year to see if they can make it work in San Diego with the hope of securing a new facility. The Raiders would then get a shot.
Garcetti said his advice to other mayors is, "Don't be so desperate for a sports franchise and don't put your city in debt for decades." Garcetti and Rams owner Stan Kroenke met on Monday night and discussed the possibilities of new events coming to the city when the estimated $1.1 billion complex opens in 2019 on the site of the former Hollywood Park horse racing track.
Officials from the Rams and Chargers also met Monday about a potential partnership in the Inglewood stadium project. This discussions, which the teams said would remain private, was believed to be more of an exploratory discussion as the Chargers continue to weigh their options.

Garcetti, who said he grew up a Rams fan, added that the NFL chose the Hollywood Park site because it would give the NFL a home in the West, a new location for the NFL Network and a chance for the NFL to host major events with celebrities.
The Rams played in Los Angeles from 1946-1994. The Raiders played in Los Angeles from 1982-1994.