• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I feel the saints are getting disrespected again

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It still amazes me that some fans really care what the national media are saying about the teams they support. What difference does it make??

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It still amazes me that some fans really care what the national media are saying about the teams they support. What difference does it make??

Yup, i'm a spurs fan and couldn't care less that we get ignored. Just as long as I get to celebrate another title in the summer, the media can slurp lebron or whoever else for all i care.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And some 49er fan went on the saints board talking about how the saints need to upgrade on all levels of defense. Keenan Lewis is a great CB, Jairus Byrd and Rafael Bush are great safeties. Cam Jordan had an off year. That guy just rubbed me the wrong way. We only need a number 2 CB and nose tackle to improve our defense. We need a right guard, center, and right tackle to improve our offense. Stills, Cooks, and Toon are good enough to make plays.

You honestly care about what some random fan on a message board things about your team? If you feel that your team is good enough at certain areas then why should you give a crap about the thoughts of people you don't even know?

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Brees, I agree on your points....but as a fellow Saints fan, I'm gonna enjoy that no one will be picking us to get to the SuperBowl or whatever. The last 2 times we got all the pub in the preseason( 07' and last year) things didn't go well. I love when we float under the radar, and we're gonna get better next year. We'll address the linebacker issue in the draft, I can see them going after a veteran CB this year. We'll see what happens with the O-line, but there are alot of guys for lack of a better term, on the cut bubble so to say. So with that being said, let's enjoy flying under the radar this offseason

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally agree. I wouldn't be surprised if the Saints bounced back, but this just comes off as a whining. Who the fuck cares? The current season isn't even over yet. The draft and FA haven't taken place. Right now teams are generally looked at based on how this year finished because it is still fresh in everyone's mind.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooner or later they have to address to Rob Ryan problem. He's a fucking idiot and needs to go if that D is going to improve. He has had the same problem for years. His defense plays great for 5 or 6 plays then gives up the 40 yarder. Time after time, week after week, year after year. Rob sucks, his brother sucks and his dad sucked. How they keep their jobs is a mystery. I'm guessing blackmail.

This. Its not hard. The defense is atrocious. When you score 40, you shouldn't lose.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, no one is even talking about the Saints right now. Everyone cares about the Super Bowl at this point in time, no one gives a shit about the Saints or any other team.

And why are you crying so much. After a 7-9 season in the worst division in football what respect do you want? I hate cry baby fans who just think their team is infallible. Smart fans know the strengths and weaknesses of their team and aren't crying about respect when they just missed the playoffs.

As for Brees, face it. He is 36 years old and has had surgery on his shoulder. It ain't getting stronger in the off-season. Does he still have talent? Yes, but his age IS starting to show. Why you are in denial about this who knows?

Saints need to prove it on the field next season and have a smart draft and sign the right players.

And You need to take the blinders off.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. Its not hard. The defense is atrocious. When you score 40, you shouldn't lose.

But I thought "elite QBs" carry teams with bad defenses and still win?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signs are pointing toward New Orleans running the ball more in 2015. Brees is one of the best QB's ever but like others have said he looks to be in decline. The Saints have gradually lost talent plus getting older and it has caught up to them. Do i think they could win yeah but it won't be easy plus the division is getting tougher. Dallas,Philly,Indy,Houston,NY Giants,Detroit will all be tough games as well. The loss of Graham will hurt some and the team also lost Gallette on defense.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They only get respect for cutting Junior. Otherwise, no respect is given, only earned.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the players know it, Its pretty pathetic when people think they can't bounce back next year because of how they looked this year. How can people actually say that? How long did it take a rebuilding KC and Indy? 1 offseason. The saints have talent, its been the personnel which is why Ryan Pace, Rick Reprief, and Josh Lucas had to go. Those three were responsible for the draft picks of Sedrick, Meachem, and Robinson in the first rounds. Also, we brought back Dennis Allen to be a defensive asistant. Now Jeff Ireland has a sketchy track record with Miami but he also was not working with talented coaches. Payton knows talent on offense and Ireland did get some good players on defense(Davis, Jordan). It just sucks when people just want to say the saints cannot bounce back. And we can't be a one hit wonder when we have a HOF QB who broke too many records and passed for 5,000 yards four different seasons.

Depends how your draft picks pan out... Every year the draft changes the power a bit... Also did you guy's get a better running game going ? Unger will help that if he stay's healthy... Brees is a great QB but he's not getting any younger... Although I can see him still playing well for several more years... Losing Graham will hurt a bit in the passing game...

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends how your draft picks pan out... Every year the draft changes the power a bit... Also did you guy's get a better running game going ? Unger will help that if he stay's healthy... Brees is a great QB but he's not getting any younger... Although I can see him still playing well for several more years... Losing Graham will hurt a bit in the passing game...

To me it seems like Payton is trying to conserve whatever years Brees has left and he is trying to build a better run game and tougher defense. They brought in Spiller from Buffalo,they already had Ingram. Both of those could be a good doubleheaded attack in the run game plus Spiller is shifty. They brought in offensive linemen Unger and Andreas Peat in the first round. They also drafted a QB kinda high in the draft bringing in Garrett Grayson in the third who was considered the best QB besides Mariota and Winston.

The biggest attention i think as far as the Saints organization is concerned was geared heavily towards defense. CB Brandon Browner and LB Dannell Ellerbe were brought in via free agency and they drafted mostly defense including linebackers Hauoli Kikaha,Stephone Anthony and Davis Tull and i think together all four linebackers from draft/FA could have a big effect on the defense. They also brought in cornerbacks PJ Williams and Damian Swann in the draft so thats three corners including draft/FA. Overall thats four new linebackers and three new corners. I think they could possibly have a tough defense it sucks Gallette is gone though.

Arizona/Dallas/Philly/Indy/NY Giants/Houston/Detroit along with Atlanta/Carolina/Tampa all twice thats not an easy slate.

Last edited:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it seems like Payton is trying to conserve whatever years Brees has left and he is trying to build a better run game and tougher defense. They brought in Spiller from Buffalo,they already had Ingram. Both of those could be a good doubleheaded attack in the run game plus Spiller is shifty. They brought in offensive linemen Unger and Andreas Peat in the first round. They also drafted a QB kinda high in the draft bringing in Garrett Grayson in the third who was considered the best QB besides Mariota and Winston.

The biggest attention i think as far as the Saints organization is concerned was geared heavily towards defense. CB Brandon Browner and LB Dannell Ellerbe were brought in via free agency and they drafted mostly defense including linebackers Hauoli Kikaha,Stephone Anthony and Davis Tull and i think together all four linebackers from draft/FA could have a big effect on the defense. They also brought in cornerbacks PJ Williams and Damian Swann in the draft so thats three corners including draft/FA. Overall thats four new linebackers and three new corners. I think they could possibly have a tough defense it sucks Gallette is gone though.

Arizona/Dallas/Philly/Indy/NY Giants/Houston/Detroit along with Atlanta/Carolina/Tampa all twice thats not an easy slate.

I like Browner... He's one of the more physical corners in football...

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not discounting them at all, can def see them bouncing back this year. Payton has obviously had his ethical lapses, but he's a top 5 coach in the league. Looking at the divisional race, their schedule isn't that bad. Panthers have to play Indy and Dallas, too, but also Green Bay (bad matchup), and on the road @ SEA. Though I'm not sure how they're going to replace Graham's production.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the players know it, Its pretty pathetic when people think they can't bounce back next year because of how they looked this year. How can people actually say that? How long did it take a rebuilding KC and Indy? 1 offseason. The saints have talent, its been the personnel which is why Ryan Pace, Rick Reprief, and Josh Lucas had to go. Those three were responsible for the draft picks of Sedrick, Meachem, and Robinson in the first rounds. Also, we brought back Dennis Allen to be a defensive asistant. Now Jeff Ireland has a sketchy track record with Miami but he also was not working with talented coaches. Payton knows talent on offense and Ireland did get some good players on defense(Davis, Jordan). It just sucks when people just want to say the saints cannot bounce back. And we can't be a one hit wonder when we have a HOF QB who broke too many records and passed for 5,000 yards four different seasons.

It may be because they are starting to stink again, once their bounty gate was taken away, they became very ordinary and ineffective....
Please don't read this without adult supervision, it may be harmful to your psyche... :rolleyes2:

Last edited: