• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I feel like this forum failed

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wheres the hype, its the fricken combine and the draft forum is dead

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft fans are a pretty small subset of NFL fans. Maybe if we found a way to troll Brady or Manning in here we'd get more action.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well ppl asked for this forum, i been at a new jon, and not on much.......but frick

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, might take a little time for it to take storm. Draft is really only 2 months or so out of the year and it's new so some folks might not realize it's up yet. I'm actually surprised we got the # of threads we did considering this was created in the playoffs.

Combine is kind of 'meh'. Lot of guys like Keith Marshall who look amazing on paper but because of bad route running and dropped passes during the other parts of combine aren't going to climb a lot.

It's a good test run, and if it doesn't get any publicity or fails to attract many threads in a month or so, maybe we remove it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Smitty... Didn't know this forum existed until tonight?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess for me we have a huge draft forum on the Broncos board. We know as fans what our specific needs are so we talk about prospects that would fit well with what we need. Throw in at least for me I am not looking at players expected to go in the top-15 as the Broncos stand no chance of getting any of them. So when most of the discussion seems to be geared towards those players hard for me to want to look into those players when it won't matter much to my team.

As for the Combine you have to remember it is on the weekend when this board is most dead. I would say Monday and Tuesday you might get a bit more action wanting to talk about what you saw.

I did like a few players from the combine that at least for me secured my thoughts on them but again these are guys geared towards the Broncos and would most likely be available where they pick.

For the Broncos they are looking OL. Thankfully looks like the OL group is pretty deep.

Really liked what I saw from Spriggs. He showed great athleticism when I watched his games and showed that same athleticism at the combine. Needs some major technique work as most of these guys do but I think he could end up being the best OT of this draft.

Shon Coleman is another that just needs some coaching up but all the talent is there. Didn't do anything at the combine if I remember right though.

At the OG position Cody Whitehair looked awesome at the Combine. Yes he struggled on the bench press but everything else he looked great technique wise and is a very versatile guy that can play possibly all 5 spots on the OL if needed. Really hoping for this guy to be drafted by the Broncos.

Christian Westerman looks like another that did well at the combine that shows good movement skills.

Ryan Kelly showed himself well as well. I think he will be a very solid starter for many years. Maybe not Pro Bowl level but a top-10 Center most years.

Guys I didn't like before and don't like after the Combine...

Jack Conklin. I know he ran the drills well but just something didn't look quite right. Sam with what I saw on the tape that he did his job but it just didn't look quite right.

Vadal Alexander. I think he can be a decent starter somewhere just not in Denver. I give this kid about a 1% chance that the Broncos would draft him even if he fell to like the 5th round or lower.

Denver Kirkland. He is a mountain of a man and when he gets a hold of somebody he isn't going anywhere. That is part of his problem though of he is more of a just big bodied guy that will struggle with any kind of movement.

John Theus. Just seems to have really slow feet. Ran a faster 40 time than I expected honestly but I just think he would struggle if asked to move much laterally.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truthfully, there hasn't been many explosive performances at the combine. I watched most of Saturday's and a good portion of today's, and what is there to talk about? That Bosa slipped a few times and didn't run all that fast? That most of the WRs are 4.6 guys?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truthfully, there hasn't been many explosive performances at the combine. I watched most of Saturday's and a good portion of today's, and what is there to talk about? That Bosa slipped a few times and didn't run all that fast? That most of the WRs are 4.6 guys?

Yeah really the positions that showed well don't jump off the page numbers wise like the OL and inside DL guys. For their size they put up some pretty awesome numbers but in relation to the rest of the positions they are not great. Pretty ho hum combine so far.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, the combine has been weak. They compare the Louisville kid to Aaron Donald, where this kid ran a 5.03 forty, Donald ran a 4.68. Not even close.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wheres the hype, its the fricken combine and the draft forum is dead

idk about failed...the combine obviously effects the draft, but not unusually a ton....the event itself I don't watch, but I do look at the results.

We still have FA, before teams really have a legit board.