• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I don't like the current attitude of the NFL QBs

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for that non sequitur. :ranger:

A sport where it's almost required to cheat (PEDs) is going to tend dissuade people from getting into it if their religion requires them to be truthful. And no, just because someone says they follow a particular religion doesn't mean they actually do. Regardless, truthful people generally aren't succeeding in pro' sports IMO (except maybe QB).

It wasn't a non sequitur (at least not a complete one). You made the case that religious people are more truthful, when in actuality that is not always the case. And I don't think you can prove me wrong or if I prove you wrong.

On the religious whacko comment. Nick Saban told NFL teams to not draft Dimitrius Underwood because he was in a cult. Denny Green (RIP) ignored Saban and drafted him anyways. That did not end well.

I actually don't know how this direction of the thread really came about.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It wasn't a non sequitur (at least not a complete one). You made the case that religious people are more truthful, when in actuality that is not always the case.

I never said it was always the case. I simply was making the point that you're not going to get a lot of "Jesus freaks" selling their souls for an NFL pay check (assuming almost all of them take PEDs, which I'm convinced they do).

On the religious whacko comment. Nick Saban told NFL teams to not draft Dimitrius Underwood because he was in a cult. Denny Green (RIP) ignored Saban and drafted him anyways. That did not end well.

Big difference between Dimitrius Underwood and Tim Tebow. You're talking about one of the weirdest stories in the history of the league.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire (stupid) argument that more religious = more truthful is 100% incorrect because priests have been diddling kids for decades.

Full stop.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A priest and a rabbi were on a daily walk that took them past a grade school where children were out and about playing during recess

The priest leans over and whispers to the rabbi "Hey, let's screw one of those kids."
The rabbi eagerly responds "Okay.....out of what?"

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm ignored :hmm:

He must hate my posts more than interracial marriages.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire (stupid) argument that more religious = more truthful is 100% incorrect because priests have been diddling kids for decades.

Full stop.

i'm not sure who claimed this because i'm not going to read back through the thread but i've met a lot of slimy religious people in my life that i didn't trust at all. a lot of them are good but so are a lot of non-religious people. you have to look at each person individually.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not sure who claimed this because i'm not going to read back through the thread but i've met a lot of slimy religious people in my life that i didn't trust at all. a lot of them are good but so are a lot of non-religious people. you have to look at each person individually.

That's exactly what I was saying too. The fact that we've gone down this road is absurd. Almost as absurd as the entire thread in the first place.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is the op an absolute asptard or what?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Full stop.

I'm very aware that the Churches have people sitting in the back that have or had wh*ring reputations. Some of them get as close to the Congregation as possible for formal purposes. Business people tend to go to Church to separate themselves from lazy people. And Church people without education have the wool pulled over their eyes, especially mothers.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Tyreek Hill's people were playing the God card regarding the whole incident on twitter. Words, like "God's got this." "God is good (upon his getting off the hook)." And so on. So yeah there's a lot of fake religious people out there. I know that well. But Carson Wentz, Drew Brees, Kurt Warner, Tebow are not fake religious people.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we have a religion forum on the hoop? Maybe it's time to move the thread there or to political.
I don't question anybody's faith. I don't walk in their shoes and I think people should stop judging others unless they have walked in those people's shoes. Regardless of whether they are religious or like me, decidedly not. Look in the mirror first folks and ask yourself if you are being a good or bad person. Nothing else matters.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Brees tacitly endorsed conversion therapy and I am supposed to swallow this? The story got buried real fast I noticed...

The vast majority of QB's are evangelical christians.

Fuck, have you ever listened to Russell Wilson before? Matthew Stafford? Nick Foles? Not quite full blown Tebow- but they ain't shy about it.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Brees tacitly endorsed conversion therapy and I am supposed to swallow this? The story got buried real fast I noticed...

The vast majority of QB's are evangelical christians.

Fuck, have you ever listened to Russell Wilson before? Matthew Stafford? Nick Foles? Not quite full blown Tebow- but they ain't shy about it.

Matthew Stafford? Didn't he party in college?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm ignored :hmm:

He must hate my posts more than interracial marriages.
No it’s me I called him out repeatedly for claims that were false and stupidity, so he sent me a threatening private message then blocked me.

either wAy he now hates certain races, certain religious folk, and well ppl that “act a certain way”

don’t forget to rate him as a poster in his other thread.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Tyreek Hill's people were playing the God card regarding the whole incident on twitter. Words, like "God's got this." "God is good (upon his getting off the hook)." And so on. So yeah there's a lot of fake religious people out there. I know that well. But Carson Wentz, Drew Brees, Kurt Warner, Tebow are not fake religious people.

upload_2019-11-9_22-32-51.png