• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I don't have much to say until the Baylor game

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read everything that comes out, listen to interviews and hear everyone pick Baylor. But all fans cheer for their teams, and we have to believe the Sooners can pull off a victory.

So I am just waiting to see how things go, perhaps thinking I may jink something.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the D can hold Baylor in the 30's and the O is physical and runs the ball North/South I like OU's chances.
Baylor has little history with big games so the Sooners should have the edge as underdogs with more big game experience.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the line on this game were even, just a straight up pick.
and you were betting your car or your house on this game.

who do you take????

you can thank me later for the reality check.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

who do you take????

please don't let me answer that....:pout:

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

who do you take????

I would pick the Sooners all day every day. And I will tell you why 23-1 all time. Baylor had one special athlete in RGIII that completed a prayer at the end of the game to beat the Sooners. The defense is better this season and Baylor has no RGIII. Now our offense is not nearly as good but they have a different kind of attitude about running people over. Baylor has not been hit in the mouth the way they are going to be hit on Thursday! Now they may take this punch and deliver one of their own. That is why they play the games. But Sooners @ +14 is ridiculous. Ask any Baylor fan if they think they are going to stomp the Sooners. If they are realistic they will say they have a very good chance to win. If they are homers they may say that they are going to cover the spread. I don't think they will do either.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with ya on that and we should be reserved because we got embarrassed by a fucking joke of a Texas team that has had buses driven through its defensive front 7.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would pick the Sooners all day every day. And I will tell you why 23-1 all time. Baylor had one special athlete in RGIII that completed a prayer at the end of the game to beat the Sooners. The defense is better this season and Baylor has no RGIII. Now our offense is not nearly as good but they have a different kind of attitude about running people over. Baylor has not been hit in the mouth the way they are going to be hit on Thursday! Now they may take this punch and deliver one of their own. That is why they play the games. But Sooners @ +14 is ridiculous. Ask any Baylor fan if they think they are going to stomp the Sooners. If they are realistic they will say they have a very good chance to win. If they are homers they may say that they are going to cover the spread. I don't think they will do either.

Is the line fucking plus 14 now? Geez, nevermind the fact Baylor hasn't played anyone, and not even a top 50 Defense...

I would take OU and the points all day long. what I don't get is this, y'all remember at the end of the Tech game when we needed to drive the field to ice the game? Who was in the back field ripping off 7 yards a clip? ROY FINCH! those dudes couldn't touch him, we need more of that in this game and T.O.P our offense will most likely be our best defense in this one.

One thing we should all be thankful of, is that we haven't seen any Baylor bandwagoners on the boards (at least I haven't anyways). lol

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the line fucking plus 14 now? Geez, nevermind the fact Baylor hasn't played anyone, and not even a top 50 Defense...

I would take OU and the points all day long. what I don't get is this, y'all remember at the end of the Tech game when we needed to drive the field to ice the game? Who was in the back field ripping off 7 yards a clip? ROY FINCH! those dudes couldn't touch him, we need more of that in this game and T.O.P our offense will most likely be our best defense in this one.

One thing we should all be thankful of, is that we haven't seen any Baylor bandwagoners on the boards (at least I haven't anyways). lol

if OU can run and take time off the clock, I like OUr chances.

as for Baylor fans, check out their site. This one guy freakin cracked me up...I bet he's already pissed himself a few times.:laugh3:

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Obsessed
Dudes and ladies,
I am obsessed. I can't stop thinking about this game, and my wife told me she's sick of me watching Baylor hype videos (she is an OU alum, I also have an OU grad degree).

I literally don't go more than 30 minutes without thinking about how our crowd which was once reserved will metamorphosis into a stadium full of rabid fans who won't be able to talk the next morning, how the stadium is going to be transformed into a tumultuous sea of black, and most importantly I think about the way Briles' Boys are going to come out intensely focused on the task at hand and systematically execute their gameplan to 'wage psychological warfare' on the Soners ending their hopes of a B12 title.

Sic 'em!
Ryan

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay here are some thoughts.....

1) They way this game is talked about/predicted/picked by the national media, local media, ect...Baylor is going to stomp OU. It straight up reminds me of the way OU was talked about for the Texas game. Everyone thought OU was going to win. All money and bets were on OU, and we ended up getting kicked in the teeth. Baylor fans, coach's, players and the entire college football is hearing about how they are going to dismantle the OU team, but all to often things turn out he opposite.

2) Yeah, it's a home game for Baylor, and this will be their first sellout. I just don't see then a large homefield advantage. They removed a tarp that covers part of the stands for this game? Why was the tarp there in the first place...because they couldn't fill up the stadium. It's going to get crazy, but I imagine...not to crazy in reference to the crowd being quieted during some long drives.

3) Baylor could be on their way to legit. Could they be there? Perhaps. But having a solid successful football program along with a well known academic university is an attraction for recruits. The reason why Stanford seems to pull in some random recruits. A degree from Baylor could be seen as a thing of value.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if OU can run and take time off the clock, I like OUr chances.

as for Baylor fans, check out their site. This one guy freakin cracked me up...I bet he's already pissed himself a few times.:laugh3:

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Obsessed
Dudes and ladies,
I am obsessed. I can't stop thinking about this game, and my wife told me she's sick of me watching Baylor hype videos (she is an OU alum, I also have an OU grad degree).

I literally don't go more than 30 minutes without thinking about how our crowd which was once reserved will metamorphosis into a stadium full of rabid fans who won't be able to talk the next morning, how the stadium is going to be transformed into a tumultuous sea of black, and most importantly I think about the way Briles' Boys are going to come out intensely focused on the task at hand and systematically execute their gameplan to 'wage psychological warfare' on the Soners ending their hopes of a B12 title.

Sic 'em!
Ryan

Dude that is just sick! That is Bama v LSU type sickness wherer fans pee on each other and poison trees!

I like Briles and Baylor and think they have been getting better with each passing year but I'm not sure we want Baylor on top of the Big XII if this is a representation of their fans.

Back to the subject at hand: Baylor can beat OU, Baylor can beat OU by a lot if the Sooners come out and lay an egg eg USC NCG. But I will keep hanging my hat on Bob Stoops teams being disrespected. When they go into a game and nobody is singing their praises they always come out with a chip on their shoulder. Remember a couple of years ago when Tech came to town ranked #2? How did that end for em? Remember a couple of years ago when everyone was picking #1 Mizzou to beat the Sooners in CCG? How did that work out for em? OU's one loss this season has everything to do with the media getting behind these kids and telling them how bad they were going to pound Texas. For some reason Bob can not coach a front runner. All the times Sooners go in ranked higher than their opponent and end up losing to a team that they have no business losing to has everything to do with them being over confident. Can't read the press clippings and believe that you don't have to do the work.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The line is now 15 !!!!

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost every game Oklahoma has been in this year has been hard fought and close. Baylor hasn't been in one of those yet this year. Advantage Oklahoma, if it's close in the 4th. If we sit back in our defense, we will get torched. Bring defensive pressure early and often and limit their offense to dink and dunk status. Cant give up more than a couple of big plays.

We will need to keep it on the ground and chew up time. We will need a huge advantage in TOP.
Limit Baylor to 9-10 possessions.
Have at most 1 turnover of our own.
Hope for a Baylor turnover in 3 of those possessions.
Make them punt on 3-4 of those possessions.
Limit their scoring to 3-4 times, with possible 1-2 of those being field goals.
Hold them to 20-23 pts.

This is the only way we win in my view.
If Baylor gets going early, it's over for us.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fix is in on this shit. 16.5 lol wow! Someone is going to get rich tonight.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was listening to the animal coming home from work and they stated that 53% of the money was coming in on OU.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it fun to look back at all the optimism and hope you guys still had for Bob.