• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I didn't know you get respect from losing the super bowl.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's just it...........Benjamin. The schedule isn't the cream puff of last year. And it's not like he has Sherman's number. In fact look at the CBs that shut him down two years ago. It doesn't matter what the saints do, but legends will be legends and Brees is a legend. Cam's not gonna outdo what Brees has done in his tenure.
your right, beceause they are totally different qb's , so they will NEVER have the same type of numbers

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say this forum just reading The Score, seeing the NFL schedule comments, fantasy football comments on articles. They've become the latest trend team. What the saints once were.
Sure, but it's not like it's been a 1 year deal. They've been in the conversation for 3-4 years now (albeit they were thoroughly mediocre for a myriad of reasons in 2014) so it's not exactly a FOTY team like I'd say the Raiders or Jags are who are getting hype because of FA and "sleeper" status. I've been as down on Benjamin as much as anyone, but the depth eventually stacks up with Ginn, Brown, Funchess, and Benjamim to go along with Olsen. There's no Julio Jones, but Cam Newton is good enough to make a bunch of supplemental type WR's work. The depth really helps them out, even if it's not at all top heavy.

Sure, the schedule gets much tougher and they lost Norman, so you knock off 3-4 wins if we're being aggressive, right? That's 11-12 wins. Of course 15-1 wasn't sustainable. They're fine.

Brees can throw for 6000 yards if he wants- it's not going to matter if he doesn't have a defense.

Matt Ryan has kind of been dissapointing as of late now that the dearth of receiving talent resembles more Jones and friends. Seems overly dependent on his surrounding cast. Defense is too young and inexperienced at all the wrong spots.

Tampa is too green at QB to be trusted.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, if your commenting on THIS forum about another site, maybe clarify that---not 3 hours later

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um I was busy looking up some stuff. I have a long range of tabs on my browser so this tab was out of range where I did not see the notifications.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just searching some of the in-season stuff on the web, the only site I can find a really strong hype-train Carolina amongst commenters is... bleacher report. Media liked Cam Newton too.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love for the Lions to lose a Super Bowl. Maybe then, people would start respecting us.

Shit, I'm still waiting for the Texans to lose an AFC Championship Game.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think I saw the OP post that if the Panthers won the SuperBowl he was done with the NFL.:pound: Apparently seeing another team glorified in the same division as his Saints is to much for the OP.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the OP. Shouldn't the Saints get mad respect for there great defense last year? Oh wait. Peace.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints won that year (Katrina) much like the Pats won after 911.Scripted to rally the people.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers panthers panthers panthers, cam newton, panthers linebackers, panthers, panthers

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL's 100 most important people

3. Cam Newton

The NFL’s reigning MVP broke the quarterback mold when he entered the league as the No. 1 draft pick in 2011.

Expect him to continue redefining the position well into the future.

636026305690072720-USATSI-9102624.jpg
Cam Newton is No. 3 on our list of the NFL's most important people.
(Photo: Matthew Emmons, USA TODAY Sports)

At 6-5, 245 (plus) pounds, Newton lines up under center – or often in the shotgun – with an unprecedented combination of size and athleticism. He was the first rookie in league history to pass for 4,000 yards. He is tied with Hall of Famer Steve Young for the most career rushing touchdowns by a quarterback (43) as well as for the most games with a TD both through the air and on the ground (31). Young played in the NFL for 15 years. Newton is entering his sixth.

While leading the Carolina Panthers to Super Bowl 50last season, Newton became the first player to pass for 30-plus touchdowns (35) and rush for double-digit TDs (10) in the same year.

But though he’s the rare player who has thrived in the pros with a read-option attack, Newton continues to evolve into an adept pocket quarterback who need only fall back on his immense physical gifts only when a play breaks down.

And while Newton continues to raise the bar with his play, the guy who used to sulk with a towel draped over his head amid a poor performance has also put his signature on the franchise quarterback label. Ever see Peyton Manning or Tom Brady doing The Dab or posing for team selfies before the final whistle? How about mocking or blowing off media questions at the Super Bowl? Hosting an offseason show on Nickelodeon? Maybe wearing Superman cleats while pretending to reveal the “S” on his chest after a score?

Nope, this isn’t the staid NFL of 2010. It’s Newton’s world, one where his gifts and charisma are likely to continue reshaping the most difficult and high-profile job of the sporting landscape.

— Nate Davis