• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I couldn't possibly have less respect for Brady fans...

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady will be back I'm sure but perhaps with an adjusted O/Line. Brady's in too good a shape to hang 'em up and he always gets the team to the post season. He may never get the elusive 5th ring but he'll sure keep makin' $$$$$$ for the team. When he retires, so does the Dark lord!!!

Yeah, no doubt. At a minimum, they will continue to own the AFC East until further notice. It's nice being the one decent team on a pile of turds...makes for a nice post-season appearance trend.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that. It's ridiculous. But I can't figure out why they weren't able to execute there quick passing offense. Especially when both of Denver's safeties went out. The Patriots should've been eating them alive with quick passes. But nobody could get open. It was a lot more than just the pressure. It looked like their gameplan was too cute, and they didn't do what was successful for them all year long.
Of course it wasn't all oline but horrible play calling too and brady looked average. They looked like Miami no balance and pass rushers coming from all angles. It's a recipe for disaster...but usually brady overcomes this.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a fun recreation on the Hoop is to attack Tom Brady but in all serious that Denver defense would have destroyed any quarterback in any era yesterday. They were freaking relentless!

A relentless pass rush will always be the thorn in the side to this so-called quarterback-driven league.

Agreed, if a QB has no time to wait for the receivers to run there routes it's a problem... That's where you need a good running game to balance that out... In the Patriots case all they do is throw on pretty much every down ...which isn't a bad thing when you have Tom Brady, but the one way to stop a great QB in this league is a good pass rush... It's vital

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake have you ever seen a QB get hit 20 times in a game before?
Brady did miss Bolden and White down the sideline numerous times. Brady missed many throws. Agreed he was hit a ton but he did miss. When he doesn't have his 5 yard pass available he becomes an average QB at best.

Reactions: GNG

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a fun recreation on the Hoop is to attack Tom Brady but in all serious that Denver defense would have destroyed any quarterback in any era yesterday. They were freaking relentless!

A relentless pass rush will always be the thorn in the side to this so-called quarterback-driven league.

It wasn't just the pass rush ... the receivers were covered ... the few positive throws by Brady where either exceptional or just lucky to have made it through ... especially most of Gronks receptions

The contrast between denvers pass coverage and NEs soft coverage was ridiculous ...

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, if a QB has no time to wait for the receivers to run there routes it's a problem... That's where you need a good running game to balance that out... In the Patriots case all they do is throw on pretty much every down ...which isn't a bad thing when you have Tom Brady, but the one way to stop a great QB in this league is a good pass rush... It's vital

But to have a decent running game, you need a decent offensive line... There are no magic answers here.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there are many (any) other teams in the NFL who could have taken what the Denver D was bringing Sunday and not have been BLOWN OUT. Seriously, hats off to the Patriots. A road game with a raucous sea of orange crowd and the Pats took it down to and were very much in it until the final 12 seconds.

If you can't respect what the Patriots have done for the past dozen plus years, you don't know SHIT about pro football.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But to have a decent running game, you need a decent offensive line... There are no magic answers here.

Surprisingly though the Seahawks this year had terrible pass protection, but a good running game ... so sometimes you can have a good O-line for the run but for whatever reason they just don't pass protect well...

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit? I just assumed the same old shit they've been spouting for the last 12 years or so! :eek:

Your allergy to facts seems quite debilitating.

Have you tried antihistamines.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your right... Even with all that pressure he almost got it done... That was ridiculous the magic he pulled off down the stretch... I think he did a great job under the circumstance...
Yeah a shame for us Pat fans. He actually had Gronk open in the back of the end zone on the 2pt conversion attempt. Instead he tried to get his buddy Edeleman some glory. Had he only seen Gronk we may be engaged in some serious hater threads. Oh well we're onto next year. Again congrats Denver you had Brady hearing footsteps all day. That and your coverage was key to your success.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprisingly though the Seahawks this year had terrible pass protection, but a good running game ... so sometimes you can have a good O-line for the run but for whatever reason they just don't pass protect well...
Plus a very good scrambling QB.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Blount or Lewis played maybe it would've been different? But I doubt it. Sorry White, Bolden or Jackson weren't going to do anythjng against the Denver D. I mean come on Brady was the leading rusher 13 yards on 3 carries, the Pats ran 17 times. It was futile. They should've at least used a RB to chip or block the pass rushers. If they did it wasn't near enough.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus a very good scrambling QB.

That's the only reason Wilson survived, especially early in the year... they improved as the season rolled on but were never great...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Blount or Lewis played maybe it would've been different? But I doubt it. Sorry White, Bolden or Jackson weren't going to do anythjng against the Denver D. I mean come on Brady was the leading rusher 13 yards on 3 carries, the Pats ran 17 times. It was futile. They should've at least used a RB to chip or block the pass rushers. If they did it wasn't near enough.

Yeah that sums that up pretty well... Brady was the leading rusher... lol

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the only reason Wilson survived, especially early in the year... they improved as the season rolled on but were never great...
I'm counting my blessings Brady was still walking at tge end of the game. I heard he needed help putting his shirt on after the game. Not sure how true that was? But I wouldn't doubt it either, he took a beating for an old man. I wish he had 1/4 of Wilson's elusiveness.