• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I am kind of upset at the SEC

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why couldn't we have done like the ACC and Big12 and started today with 1 non-conference team per school? We could have also made an attempt to keep the Louisville-Kentucky, Florida-FSU, Georgia-Ga Tech, and Clemson-South Carolina rivalries alive.

dennis580

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Why couldn't we have done like the ACC and Big12 and started today with 1 non-conference team per school? We could have also made an attempt to keep the Louisville-Kentucky, Florida-FSU, Georgia-Ga Tech, and Clemson-South Carolina rivalries alive.
As a Big 12 fan I wished we done what the SEC done. #23 Iowa St already lost to Louisana, and Kansas St is in a real dogfight with Arkansas St. This is a absolute distaster for the Big 12.

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Big 12 fan I wished we done what the SEC done. #23 Iowa St already lost to Louisana, and Kansas St is in a real dogfight with Arkansas St. This is a absolute distaster for the Big 12.

True but I think it is showing more how good these other teams are than how bad the Big12 is plus you guys will be fine from a Playoff race perspective. With the B1G and Pac12 sitting out, you guys are almost guaranteed a spot as long as you have a team with less than two losses.

I think we could see a Non-Power 5 team in the playoff this year (about time as well).

dennis580

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
True but I think it is showing more how good these other teams are than how bad the Big12 is plus you guys will be fine from a Playoff race perspective. With the B1G and Pac12 sitting out, you guys are almost guaranteed a spot as long as you have a team with less than two losses.

I think we could see a Non-Power 5 team in the playoff this year (about time as well).
This will have massive impact on playoffs chances for the Big 12. It will absolutely KILL the Big 12's SOS with so few non conference games, and will probably mean a Big 12 team will have to go undefeated to get in. OU has gotten in the playoffs 4 out of the last 5 years with a loss, but we probably can't afford a loss year this year. Also the Big 10 is talking about starting in mid October. OU's playoffs chances have already took a massive hit without even playing a game.

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will have massive impact on playoffs chances for the Big 12. It will absolutely KILL the Big 12's SOS with so few non conference games, and will probably mean a Big 12 team will have to go undefeated to get in. OU has gotten in the playoffs 4 out of the last 5 years with a loss, but we probably can't afford a loss year this year. Also the Big 10 is talking about starting in mid October. OU's playoffs chances have already took a massive hit without even playing a game.

Let's be honest, Oklahoma is likely going to drill the Big12 this year and make the playoffs unless Gary Patterson has cooked up something good at TCU or Texas finally figures things out.

Your only real contenders are likely TCU, Texas, and Oklahoma State. However, I think Oklahoma would be favored over all of them.

I don't know why the Big12 can't add two more teams and get to 12. On my video game I gave you guys BYU and Cincinnati. Both programs made the most sense. Cincy helped bridge the gap between West Virginia and the rest of the league while BYU brings a strong fan base and competitive program. Boise State or Colorado State would also be good options.

(You could also pull from Texas but you already got 4 programs in that state and it makes sense to bring in states that you don't currently have markets in).

dennis580

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Let's be honest, Oklahoma is likely going to drill the Big12 this year and make the playoffs unless Gary Patterson has cooked up something good at TCU or Texas finally figures things out.

Your only real contenders are likely TCU, Texas, and Oklahoma State. However, I think Oklahoma would be favored over all of them.

I don't know why the Big12 can't add two more teams and get to 12. On my video game I gave you guys BYU and Cincinnati. Both programs made the most sense. Cincy helped bridge the gap between West Virginia and the rest of the league while BYU brings a strong fan base and competitive program. Boise State or Colorado State would also be good options.

(You could also pull from Texas but you already got 4 programs in that state and it makes sense to bring in states that you don't currently have markets in).
We ALWAYS lose a game. Its just so very difficult to go undefeated. You are always go to have that game when you play very bad. That is just how it is.

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We ALWAYS lose a game. Its just so very difficult to go undefeated. You are always go to have that game when you play very bad. That is just how it is.

Book it... even if OU loses a game, Oklahoma is in the playoffs.

Too bad we didn't play. I was pretty sure Oklahoma was going to beat Tennessee but I think TN could have played you guys tough.

Also about the SEC, they will have no OOC Strength of Schedule because they didn't play anyone outside of the league. I thought the SEC should have played 1 OOC game each and have the rivalry games listed above kept intact.

Perhaps OU and Tennessee could have kept each other.

volbound2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, I think the SEC would have likely lost some of their home games like the Big12 did today but it would have been GREAT to see the games. (It seems like 1-2 SEC Schools always embarrass the league each year. Arkansas being the most likely suspect. Tennessee did it last year losing to Georgia State and BYU, both games TN should have won).

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gotta save that scrub game for the week before rivalry week, amirite?

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot Alabama-Citadel

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is actually a good year to smack the SEC and most folks here don't do it or know how to do it.

With the SEC plying only10 league games...they are presently showing that they are not a well-rounded
league but a top heavy league. Instead of having 10 or 11 of their 14 members with winning records, they will
be lucky to have 7 teams post winning records.

JayVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is actually a good year to smack the SEC and most folks here don't do it or know how to do it.

With the SEC plying only10 league games...they are presently showing that they are not a well-rounded
league but a top heavy league. Instead of having 10 or 11 of their 14 members with winning records, they will
be lucky to have 7 teams post winning records.
Yeah, FSU should tell everyone how to smack the SEC.