• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mocks

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....so a compilation of the Seahawk's 1st round pick predictions from 50 popular mock drafts:

Tyree Wilson-Edge, Texas: 18
Miles Murphy-DL, Clemson: 7
Jalen Carter-DT, Georgia: 7
Will Anderson Jr-Edge, Alabama: 3
Will Levis-QB, Kentucky: 3
CJ Stroud-QB, Ohio St: 2
Joey Porter Jr-CB, Penn St.
Brian Branch-S, Alabama
Christian Gonzalez-CB, Oregon

Trade to #9-
Tyree Wilson-Edge, Texas: 2
Peter Skoronski-OL, Northwestern: 2
Miles Murphy-DL, Clemson
Brian Bresee-DL, Clemson

Trade to #15
Anthony Richardson-QB, Florida

Brian Branch-S, Alabama: 6
O'Cyrus Torrence-OG, Florida: 6
Anthony Richardson-QB, Florida: 3
Jordan Addison-WR, USC: 3
Brian Bresee-DL, Clemson: 3
Keion White-Edge, Georgia Tech: 2
Calijah Kancey-DL, Pittsburgh: 2
Trenton Simpson-LB, Clemson: 2
John Michael-Schmitz-OL, Minnesota: 2
Cam Smith-CB, South Carolina: 2
Joey Porter Jr-CB, Penn St: 2
Siaki Ika-DL, Baylor: 2
Kelee Ringo-CB, Georgia
Jaxton Smith-Njigba-WR, Ohio St
Zay Flowers-WR, Boston College
Miles Murphy-DL, Clemson
Antonio Johnson-S, Texas AM
Drew Sanders-LB, Arkansas
Noah Sewell-LB, Oregon
Quinton Johnson-WR, TCU
Tui Tuipulotu-DE, USC
Lukas Van Ness-Edge, Iowa

Trade #27-
O'Cyrus Torrence,-OG, Florida: 3

Beyond commenting on the individual players, I do find it interesting that 6 different mocks had us trading back with Carolina to the #9, and 3 had us trading back to #27 with Buffalo where they all predicted we would take Torrence.

Note that there are only 48 entries for the second pick as the predictions are that we'd trade out of the first a couple of times.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Hawks aren't interested in QB and Anderson and Carter are off the board it could make sense to trade down. Although I do think that there is a significant risk of losing out on Wilson AND Murphy if we do trade down. IMO, that could be a case of the Hawks being too cute. Unless it nets us a 2nd this year or a 1st next year, I don't care much for the idea.

Trading the #20 makes more sense to me. Especially if we got someone like Torrence with the #27 pick. Please no Anthony Richardson.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB at #5 is a joke, the mocksters have no idea what they are doing

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A lot of mocks are done by people with less knowledge than half the posters here about football in general much less the Seahawks.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only 2 out of 50 mocks had Seattle taking a CB at #5. That's a pretty low threshold to get your hackles up about. It appears that the mocksters have the Seahawks likely to draft at #5 as follows:

70% - DL/Edge
14% - Trade down
10% - QB
6% - DB

Looking at this, I can agree that the mocksters seem to have a decent idea on what Seattle might do. 70% chance they take DL/Edge seems about right and the next most likely is to trade down.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 2 out of 50 mocks had Seattle taking a CB at #5. That's a pretty low threshold to get your hackles up about. It appears that the mocksters have the Seahawks likely to draft at #5 as follows:

70% - DL/Edge
14% - Trade down
10% - QB
6% - DB

Looking at this, I can agree that the mocksters seem to have a decent idea on what Seattle might do. 70% chance they take DL/Edge seems about right and the next most likely is to trade down.

Yeah. Seems about right. For all the debate we are having here about Geno, it seems almost inevitable that he is going to be resigned.

I think it would have been better if the 6% were something like WR. I think it is unlikely but I could see a world where they saw some WR as a game changer. At least more than a CB.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Seems about right. For all the debate we are having here about Geno, it seems almost inevitable that he is going to be resigned.

I think it would have been better if the 6% were something like WR. I think it is unlikely but I could see a world where they saw some WR as a game changer. At least more than a CB.

Very true. Some people get so enamored with Pete being so good with CBs that I'm sure there's plenty out there the don't realize that he hasn't drafted one in the first his entire time in Seattle. Even if the team didn't seem to have a solid youth movement in that position already - I just couldn't see him take CB with 1.5.

IN the end though, at least it's a significant minority this year - I wanna say close to 30% of mocks had Seattle taking a DB.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. Some people get so enamored with Pete being so good with CBs that I'm sure there's plenty out there the don't realize that he hasn't drafted one in the first his entire time in Seattle. Even if the team didn't seem to have a solid youth movement in that position already - I just couldn't see him take CB with 1.5.

IN the end though, at least it's a significant minority this year - I wanna say close to 30% of mocks had Seattle taking a DB.

He hasn't drafted one in the SECOND in his entire time in Seattle. And only one in the 3rd, IIRC.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is an interesting Mock that just dropped today... First 2 rounds mock... I like their mindset involving a few of the trades and position/picks... This would instantly make our team improved dramatically... This is along the same lines of what I want the team to do... Trade down a few spots at #5...

2023 NFL Two-Round Mock Draft: Jimmy Garoppolo to Raiders, Lamar Jackson to Commanders, Giants trade up for QB

1:9 - DT, Calijah Kancey, Pitt
1:21 - OL, John Michael Schmitz / Minnesota
2:37 - DE, Andre Carter / Army
2:39 - WR. Rashee Rice, SMU
2:52 - DT, Siaka Iku, Baylor
2:61 - LB, Nolan Smith, Georgia

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is an interesting Mock that just dropped today... First 2 rounds mock... I like their mindset involving a few of the trades and position/picks... This would instantly make our team improved dramatically... This is along the same lines of what I want the team to do... Trade down a few spots at #5...

2023 NFL Two-Round Mock Draft: Jimmy Garoppolo to Raiders, Lamar Jackson to Commanders, Giants trade up for QB

Hard to take a mock seriously that has Anthony Richardson as the No. 1 overall pick.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to take a mock seriously that has Anthony Richardson as the No. 1 overall pick.
Agreed... That's why I highlighted the thought process regarding the Hawks... Nice to see a Mock who knows what the Hawks needs are....

Since you brought up Richardson... He's been climbing the charts a lot... If he shines at the combine it may not be too far fetched...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont mind that, but replace WR with a LB. we are in serious trouble if we dont find at least 1 starting LB in this draft.