• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I am annoyed

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess you shouldn't be too upset about drafting a great player but....

- There was at least three comparable receivers on the board still. Supposedly the Eagles had a few offers to move down. I think just about any move down makes sense there at any reasonable price, given their needs.
- With Wayans, KJ, Peters, Jones and Randall all picked, the possibility of finding a starting quality defensive back is looking very slim. They have to hope they can trade Kendricks for a shot at Eric Rowe, or take a flyer on a druggie (Jalen Collins) that may drop into their laps at pick 52. Outside of that, you gotta figure they have their eye on Josh Shaw who is a verified idiot.
- Really, I am thinking that this pick was very selfish by Kelly, protecting his precious offense rather than providing Billy Davis the tools he needs. Kelly needed to show his genius a little here and do more with less.
- By picking a virtual Maclin clone, it highlights just how poorly they handled Maclin. Show him a little love around midseason and he is an Eagle for life. Instead they essentially lost a first round pick, and ended up spending the $$ windfall on a RB they really didn't need.
- So the offense is stacked, but the defense still can't stop anyone. They have 3 ILBs and 2 DBs. Should make for an interesting defensive alignment.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DPD, you're way off base my friend.
They wanted to keep Maclin, but he wanted to go for the Big $$, and KC paid too much. No fault of Chip there.
The other WR's in Nelson's class didn't have the character he has. Just watch his interview on you tube. A classy kid for sure.
Chip will address the secondary and OL tomorrow, plus hopefully pick up some more picks in trades.
How can you say that Chip was selfish, when most of us listed WR as a primary need?
Thee are some very good OL and secondary talent available, and we'll get some help.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You annoyed never.... :billb:

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agholor was their guy, you don't move back to draft a comparable player you like less, thats silly. Maclin is not an 11m per year WR, he was a product of the system. We're doing alright IMO, get some DB help and I think we're good.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys are way out of their league running an NFL draft.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's Chips guy and it seems it was then why trade back? I'm happy with the pick and like Funk says Maclin is not worth the contract he got from the fat bastard. We offered a nice deal and he went for the money time that we move on.

They could move Kendricks for a early pick and snag Rowe, Fisher or L Collins. Then pickup Darby, Williams, Golson or Shaw with our pick. Let it play out a little bit before we start bitching?

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was always going to be hard to get a real good DB in here. Waynes, Johnson and Peters were all gone. The rest of the guys are about as good as what we can get in rounds 2 or 3 or even later.

We really did need another WR. Cooper, Huff and Austin aren't starting caliber. Agholor gives us what we lost with Maclin and more. Consider that position now built moving forward.

Agholor was the best player available at a position of need.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a joke? Another WR was a big need and DB is too. We signed two CB'S and dumped a WR. I fully expect Ifo later and a G. The D was already badass now the O is pretty good too. Love how this team is shaping up. Thought for sure Chip was gutting it, now I couldn't be happier.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a joke? Another WR was a big need and DB is too. We signed two CB'S and dumped a WR. I fully expect Ifo later and a G. The D was already badass.........

:pound::pound:

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't a fan of Byron Jones and Randall isn't Chip Sized at Safety. The 3 true 1st round Corners were all off the board. You still have Rowe, Darby and J Collins available ... I'd like to see them move up for one of those guys. Agholor will be a catch machine in this Offense ... there's very little not to like; he comes from a Pro Style Offense, can play inside or out, runs quick, super sharp routes, great hands, excellent work ethic, attitude and intelligence. Plus he gives you an excellent return man to boot. Can't blame Chip for not passing him up.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can laugh but find a better front 7. Then we did sign two CB's....

You know....you may have a point.

I think the Eagles have a very good front seven. The problem with the Eagles was the secondary. They we absolutely abysmal. Jenkins is a very good safety but you need good corners in order for your safeties to effective. I think the Eagles overpaid for Maxwell but not massively. I think he is a very good corner and I do not think he was a system CB either. When you play opposite the best corner in the NFL getting targeted as much as he did you find out how good someone is.

I still think we need a Safety and Corner but should not be as desperate as we were at the end of the season.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of 8 players to have over 100 receptions means he doesn't drop balls. He is an excellent route runner and should be able contribute immediately. This was a position of need and right now I think we are fine at WR. A bit young but I am excited about the possibilities.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can laugh but find a better front 7. Then we did sign two CB's....

Front seven wasn't the problem was it.

Two years ago we signed two cbs. Now who was also a SB winner. How did that work out?
This defense has a long way to go to being badass.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO WR was about the 3rd area of need behind DB and OL. They have invested 2 2nd rounders and a 3rd in the last two drafts in weapons, with two of them already looking like great players. They also invested in a jack of all trades RB who is more than capable of playing the slot and now with the logjam at RB, it makes even more sense to use him there. Add in the fairly good money paid to Cooper and Austin, and at a very minimum, you have to wonder what the hell with the Austin signing? Realistically, we may never know now whether Huff is a real talent or not as its hard to find any snaps for him on this team. Not to mention that Ertz may be looking at another 50% play time year. Don't get me wrong, this is the sort of talent and depth problem than is good to have, and with the way injuries happen, I would not be surprised if this all works out as being a critical draft pick. But now lets talk about that Defensive Backfield.

They basically fired 3/4th of it, and brought in one good player. Thurmond is the definition of a journeyman. 4th round pick with 9 starts in 5 years. He will compete with Nolan Carroll who was a 5th round pick and has 27 starts in 5 years...probably because the Dolphins are a pretty poor team. At Safety we are looking at Wolf, Prosinski, Watkins, Maragos and Couplin. A group of guys living the NFL dream of finding a starting gig. I am hopeful they could find a starter just from the quantity of younger guys. But do any of you think that Thurmond/Carroll is somehow going to be better than Bradley Fletcher? NFL OCs know how to find the weak link, and without a 2nd CB, this team will suffer. You can train Safeties and Linebackers to be better players, but at Corner, they need to have the speed and athleticsm that can't be taught. Hopefully the Eagle find one or two of those today.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BPA at a position of need. that's what they did. More of the same tonight. After tomorrow night, we will have those needs filled. I think Chip trades up tonight if he can to get 1 or 2 DBs. OL probably gets filled tomorrow.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched film on Agholor. Pretty exciting guy. Can't help but think that the best athletes all want to be WRs. I think there is room in this league to have a player that is your slot receiver, slot corner, and punt returner. Agholor would seem to have that skill set. I can see the argument that Agholor is clearly a better player than Jones or Randall. Would love to see Chip be innovative on getting these guys on the field. These guys should be playing 60 snaps a game one way or another. Can't help but think that Huff would also be a candidate for that sort of role.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO WR was about the 3rd area of need behind DB and OL. They have invested 2 2nd rounders and a 3rd in the last two drafts in weapons, with two of them already looking like great players. They also invested in a jack of all trades RB who is more than capable of playing the slot and now with the logjam at RB, it makes even more sense to use him there. Add in the fairly good money paid to Cooper and Austin, and at a very minimum, you have to wonder what the hell with the Austin signing? Realistically, we may never know now whether Huff is a real talent or not as its hard to find any snaps for him on this team. Not to mention that Ertz may be looking at another 50% play time year. Don't get me wrong, this is the sort of talent and depth problem than is good to have, and with the way injuries happen, I would not be surprised if this all works out as being a critical draft pick. But now lets talk about that Defensive Backfield.

They basically fired 3/4th of it, and brought in one good player. Thurmond is the definition of a journeyman. 4th round pick with 9 starts in 5 years. He will compete with Nolan Carroll who was a 5th round pick and has 27 starts in 5 years...probably because the Dolphins are a pretty poor team. At Safety we are looking at Wolf, Prosinski, Watkins, Maragos and Couplin. A group of guys living the NFL dream of finding a starting gig. I am hopeful they could find a starter just from the quantity of younger guys. But do any of you think that Thurmond/Carroll is somehow going to be better than Bradley Fletcher? NFL OCs know how to find the weak link, and without a 2nd CB, this team will suffer. You can train Safeties and Linebackers to be better players, but at Corner, they need to have the speed and athleticsm that can't be taught. Hopefully the Eagle find one or two of those today.

The good corners were off the board. We'll get a comparable one later.