• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hypothetical: Kirby Smart

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say the Nick Saban to Texas rumors are true. Where does Kirby Smart go? Is he even considered for the Bama head coaching job? I'd say no, just because Alabama can and should hire someone with head coaching experience. Would smart follow Saban to Texas? Or does he get a mid major head coaching job?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to be honest here...saban leaves Bama and Alabama will slowly start to drop off the map. Who would want to go and try to fill those shoes???? It is a death trap.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always thought that if/when Saban leaves/retires that Smart was the unofficial coach in waiting. I would not mind Smart getting the gig if Saban left.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to be honest here...saban leaves Bama and Alabama will slowly start to drop off the map. Who would want to go and try to fill those shoes???? It is a death trap.

Because they have the most talent in the country. Some of the best facilities. A rich tradition of winning. If a coach doesn't want a challenge then I guess he should coach at Oregon :whistle:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they have the most talent in the country. Some of the best facilities. A rich tradition of winning. If a coach doesn't want a challenge then I guess he should coach at Oregon :whistle:

oh funny, loved that last sentence jab.

But seriously, you realize the expectations walking into Alabama??? No thank you. You have 2 seasons of 2 losses or more and you're gone.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban will not leave if he isnt given a commitment that Kirby Smart gets the job.

Or Saban could just try to get Kirby to come with him to Texas and tell him Texas is his after he retires.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alabama will never drop off the map. They might go south and hibernate a little but never like a Duck! Every coach at Alabama has won at least 10 games by their third year since Bear. Please remember they were just recovering from probation when Saban got here. It was pretty good timing for him too. He has Alabama so loaded it will take something like another hard probation to knock them down that far again.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But seriously, you realize the expectations walking into Alabama??? No thank you. You have 2 seasons of 2 losses or more and you're gone.

That's why Saban won't leave. It is nothing like half the people out there think and stereotype and he knows it! People here are smart enough to know not to drive Saban crazy and approach him everytime he's out. But everyone out there thinks we do.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The expectations at Bama are high. But they are high at Texas, OU, Michigan, OSU, Tenn, LSU and the list goes on and on. The talent at Bama is far better than most schools and there are a lot of expectations, but 2 seasons of 2 losses does not warrant a firing..at least not imo.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The expectations at Bama are high. But they are high at Texas, OU, Michigan, OSU, Tenn, LSU and the list goes on and on. The talent at Bama is far better than most schools and there are a lot of expectations, but 2 seasons of 2 losses does not warrant a firing..at least not imo.

I was just thinking the same thing. Bama isn't the only school with expectations obviously. You don't go coach a school because you think it's going to be easy. At least the elite coaches don't think that way.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
les-miles-hand-clap-o.gif

Yeah, following Nick Saban is just plain horrible!

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree. Bama job is not a great one right now. Saban won 3 in 4 yrs. It's basically impossible to follow that up. It's a great job after the next coach gets fired and expectations come down a bit.