• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HUGE, HUGE week for PSU wrestling

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cael landed #1 heavyweight in nation earlier in week and oh yeah, Chance Marstellar, the undefeated phenom from PA and by far #1 prospect in class, committed today. This kid is the caliber of David Taylor level recruit and wrestles perfect style for Cael. 3 of top 5 overall in class of 2014 now committed to Nits.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Cael arrived the team has thrived and have been almost impossible to beat. Now we need to find a basketball coach who can recruit like Cael & O'Brien.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Cael arrived the team has thrived and have been almost impossible to beat. Now we need to find a basketball coach who can recruit like Cael & O'Brien.

I like coach Chambers. He was starting with a shit hand and has been recruiting pretty well. Actually making a presence in Philly, which is key.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also like Chambers but the wins vs loses aren't adding up for me in liking him that much anymore. Yes it doesnt help that his top player went down with a injury last yr and this year his top player quits before the season starts. There is lots of talent in Philly and he has done just okay to mediocre in getting the recruits.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014 2- 3 star recruits both SG's
2013 3 - 3 star recruits and 1 NR
2012 1- 3 star, 1- 2 star, 1 NR
2011 2- stars, 2-2 stars

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014 2- 3 star recruits both SG's
2013 3 - 3 star recruits and 1 NR
2012 1- 3 star, 1- 2 star, 1 NR
2011 2- stars, 2-2 stars

Look who was after the kids, not star rankings. Temple, UNC and Nova were after Garner, he is a very good get. Thorpe had Pitt, Wisky, K-State and Seton Hall offers. NOt beating out crappy schools for these kids, he is getting some talent that fits his system. Also been in it to the end for some higher profile kids, whcih si something you really couldn't say under previous regimes. Chambers is well liked and respected in Philly, you can get second teir kids to build solid program from Philly and start pulling better ones when your record improves.

Also, hard to pin last year on coach when your all everything superstar player blows achille's just before start of season. I think tehy have a decent season this year with Frazier back.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will better this season now that Frazier is back but still won't be a 500 team.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason, Penn State has NEVER been great at basketball. I could understand it some when they were playing at the old REC Hall, but now the Brice/Jordan center has been around for several years, things should have been better. IMO, it starts with a great coach and as of yet, none has shown up. Maybe it an inner-city thing where those players are not interested in hanging out in the State College/Bellefonte area. Of course the thriving metropolis of Pleasant Gap is just down the road; LOL.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another HUGE committ for Cael/Penn State wrestling.

Nick Nevills is not overly particular about what move he will use to pin his next opponent. He just figures that whether it’s an outside single leg shot, an ankle pick set up by collar ties, an underhook throw or a combination of the mix, it very well may lead to a pin.

The senior-to-be heavyweight from Clovis High (Calif.) pinned his college destination last Tuesday, too, selecting Penn State over a host of programs. The decision ultimately came down to PSU and Ohio State. FLO Wrestling first reported the news.

A two-time California champion, Nevills is gunning for the state falls record held by Nittany Lion Wrestling Club member and Olympic gold medalist Jake Varner. A two-time state champ himself, Varner racked up 132 career pins at Bakersfield High. Heading into his senior season, Nevills sits at the century mark, and after securing 44 falls during his junior season, the record is certainly within reach.

fonze232

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrestling is uber boring to me, but hopefully I'll see some of these guys make their way to MMA later in their careers ala Phil Davis.

Phil has a huge fight against #1 contender and former champ Lyota Machida August 3rd on PPV for anyone who follows. He'll be an underdog but a win there would be huge for Mr. Davis.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Fonze that wrestling is boring but it's fun to watch them win the NCAA championship.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrestling is uber boring to me, but hopefully I'll see some of these guys make their way to MMA later in their careers ala Phil Davis.

Phil has a huge fight against #1 contender and former champ Lyota Machida August 3rd on PPV for anyone who follows. He'll be an underdog but a win there would be huge for Mr. Davis.

Watching guys like Taylor and Ruth is far more exciting than watching some schmo in MMA crawl on a guys back for a rear naked choke. to each their own though.

PSU wrestles a very exciting style under Cael going for more falls and bonus points as opposed to one takedown and hang in for dear life, which is boring

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well Fonze you got what you asked for a win for Davis. Congrats Davis on huge win last night. Now you might get a title shot.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrestling, IMO, is only boring to those who never wrestled. For the rest of us, there IS no better sport and no sport that requires so much attention to technique and fitness. You are all alone out there and any weakness soon becomes on display.

fonze232

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Fonze you got what you asked for a win for Davis. Congrats Davis on huge win last night. Now you might get a title shot.

Considering that before last night, Machida and Gustafsson were kind of "co" number 1 contendors, and now Davis has beat them both, you might think so. Only problem is that everyone had Machida winning that fight last night except for the 3 judges. I was shocked when I watched the fights this morning. The UFC tweeted today that Glover Texiera is next in line if he has a good win over Ryan Bader. Davis is at least one win away and maybe more depending on how things shake out.