• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How's this sound?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Restorethe Meow... I just do not see the need for a TE, who is similar to Pettigrew, worthy of drafting this year when there are already 3 TE's on the roster. If Mayhew hadn't re-signed Petti than I'd be all for that move. I watched Gilmore at the Senior Bowl and while he has a lot of upside, he is the one player who really stood offensively in that game, I just think our team having "so damn many needs" we are not in a position to draft a luxury player at this point. I will, however, agree with your statement that Pettigrew may not be here for that entire 4 years of his new contract. JMO, Gilmore is the "only TE" I would draft this year out of any of them (I do think he fits that 4th-5th round area).

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Dix as a mid-round pick in the first round. Looking at him, there's nothing that screams that he must come off the board at 10. Most of everything Ive seen agrees with this.

Alabama defenders haven't been that great in the NFL lately. I think Milliner was a better prospect than Dix coming out and possibly the other CB that came out the year before.

Plus, Dix wouldnt even start. I want a player that you can plug in from day one.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I sort through some trade up scenerios, I dont see any that would involve a team trading up for Dix.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lionstop1 said:
I like Dix as a mid-round pick in the first round. Looking at him, there's nothing that screams that he must come off the board at 10. Most of everything Ive seen agrees with this.

Alabama defenders haven't been that great in the NFL lately. I think Milliner was a better prospect than Dix coming out and possibly the other CB that came out the year before.

Plus, Dix wouldnt even start. I want a player that you can plug in from day one.

He may very well not start the first 3-5 games but I could easily see Dix as the FS and Quin covering the slot versus Bentley or even pulling Ihedigbo out on 2nd dn/3rd dn and long situations while Quin plays SS (he's better in coverage than Ihedigbo and very good in run support) and employing Bentley as a slot and Dix as FS.... there's a lot of scenarios that could play out.

I will agree with you, LionStop1, that as of late, the Bama players have not been lighting it up once in the NFL... The CB you were thinking of is Dre Kirkpatrick (rode dirty down in Miami late Jan 2012 and got caught but his friend took the rap for possession). He dropped from a top 10 down to 17 for Cincy, I believe.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I sort through some trade up scenerios, I dont see any that would involve a team trading up for Dix.

Lions, Rams, Bears, Cowboys, Ravens, Cardinals, Packers, Eagles, and Chiefs will all be looking for S help in a weak draft at that position. Some of those teams need one badly. I would say Clinton-Dix could bring a lot of potential trade up possibilities.

I think Donald at #10 could as well. Giants, Bears, Steelers, Cowboys, Packers, Eagles, Patriots, 49ers, and Seahawks all need help at that position.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lionstop1 said:
I dont feel like there is much seperation between what Dix would bring to Detroit than a guy like Ward or Buchanon (spelling). I'd rather have one of those guys in the second than Dix in the first. More value.

I'd argue a guy like Ebron is a better prospect.

lionstop1 said:
Now, if Dix was like Eric Berry, I would be on board.

BB_72....Well, LionStop1, someone disagrees with your assessment on if Dix was like Eric Berry. But it will be denounced for the simple fact it came from Walter Football. I've seen plenty of Lions posters recently use some of Walter's player scouting reports for debate though. I will agree that Dix doesn't have Berry's speed.

Player Comparison: Eric Berry. Berry (6-0, 211) and Clinton-Dix have a similar skill set and style of play. Both are superb center fielders who keep plays in front of them. They are great as the last line of defense and each one is tremendous in pass coverage. They also are reliable tacklers who can contribute well in the run game. They both have size, length and ball skills. The only real difference is Clinton-Dix lacks Berry's speed. Berry was a high first-round pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, and Clinton-Dix is likely to go in the top 20 this year. In the pros, it wouldn't be surprising if Clinton-Dix is a Pro Bowl safety like Berry.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2014hclintondix.php

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the recent talk of how bad the situation is with Houston I'm now leaning more towards a CB at 10. That's what I originally was thinking at the start of "Draft Fever" but I couldn't decide who I liked better Gilbert or Dennard. I'm leaning towards Dennard .... Either way I still believe the secondary is the weakest unit on the team and needs to be addressed. It may not be the only need but it's the biggest.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are the players I'd want in a Lions UNI next year

1st rd #10 DT Aaron Donald
2nd rd #45 LB Kyle VanNoy
3rd rd #76 WR Donte Moncrief (may b gone, take Allen Robinson, Penn ST or LSU Jarvis Landry)
4th rd #111 S/LB Telvin Smith (I think he could be multi-dimensional, SS, FS, LB in a 3-4) forget the pot
4th rd #133 DE Larry Webster (He could be that flame thrower edge rusher and possible LDE)
4th rd #136 OC Russell Bodine (missed out on Richburg and Martin, I think they're gone mid-late 2nd rd)
6th rd #189 OT Justin Britt (kid can play LT in an emergency or move inside, needs coaching tho)
7th rd #227 PK Nate Freese (Gandy posted his stats earlier)

I'd like to see what are CB's could do with Austin coaching them before getting another one to crowd that group, which could hinder their development. If they don't pan out this year, you go back to the drink next year and draft 1-2 CB's.

I really wanted to find another WR in the 4th rd but I deferred to getting a C here as a replacement for Raiola. Bodine is ranked 2nd for Centers by both Kiper and McShay and was Mayocks 3rd Center. Bama's WR Kevin Norwood has unbelievable hands, body control, runs good routes, is not fast despite a 4.46 combine forty but he saved McCarron ass numerous times out on the boundry, inches from being out on the sideline and had "both feet in bounds". Look at his 2012 tape against LSU, both regular season and Championship game. If it wasn't for Norwood in the last 1:37 of that regular season game Bama would have lost.

NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Telvin Smith
Telvin Smith Bio - Florida State University Official Athletic Site

NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Larry Webster
Bloomsburg Huskies

NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Russell Bodine
Russell Bodine Biography - University of North Carolina Tar Heels Official Athletic Site

NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Justin Britt
Justin Britt Bio - MUTIGERS.COM - The University of Missouri Official Athletic Site

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama's WR Kevin Norwood has unbelievable hands, body control, runs good routes, is not fast despite a 4.46 combine forty but he saved McCarron ass numerous times out on the boundry, inches from being out on the sideline and had "both feet in bounds". Look at his 2012 tape against LSU, both regular season and Championship game. If it wasn't for Norwood in the last 1:37 of that regular season game Bama would have lost.

I'm a big Kevin Norwood fan. He would/will be a steal for some team if he lasts till the 4th round. Reminds me a lot of Hakeem Nicks. Big-ish, fast-ish, WR with good hands. He's also reportedly a very polished route-runner. As a big-bodied possession WR he'd fill a nice role in our offense for a lot of years, imo...

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ Tpaul... that's a YEP.. Kid is 6' 2" 198 with 10" mitts... it's true that he saved McCarron's ass in that 2012 regular season game before Yeldon got the bubble screen and scored from 27 yards out. Norwood caught 3 consecutive 3rd and long passes in that last drive. He had to share time with a lot of receivers and never did get his just due, except from Saban, of all people. Saban loves this kids talent.

NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Kevin Norwood
Kevin Norwood Bio - ROLLTIDE.COM - University of Alabama Official Athletic Site