• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How's this sound?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RD 1 PK 10 Haha Dix S Alabama
RD 2 PK 45 Kyle Van Noy OLB BYU
RD 3 PK 76 Marcus Roberson CB Florida
RD 4 PK 111 Travis Swanson C Arkansas
RD 4 PK 133 Crockett Gilmore TE Colorado St
RD 4 PK 136 Jeff Janis WR Saginaw Valley St
RD 6 PK 189 Khryi Thornton DT Southern Miss
RD 7 PK 227 Nate Freese K Boston College

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not thrilled with 133. We need another DE not TE. Other than that I could live with it.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be pretty stoked if we could land Janis in the 4th. He's going to be a good #2/#3 NFL WR, imo...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive seen alot of mocks having van noy in the late first...i dont think he will be there when we pick in round 2....but i keep seeing alot of lions fans saying him in the 2nd...i just dont see it.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive seen alot of mocks having van noy in the late first...i dont think he will be there when we pick in round 2....but i keep seeing alot of lions fans saying him in the 2nd...i just dont see it.

There's a lot of mocks that have him in the late 1st, and a lot that don't. I think he'll be gone by #45 personally, but that's far, far from a sure thing. It's entirely feasible though, based on his overall stock, to project him as a potential target at #45.

Hopefully he's still there- kid can play. His instincts are top-notch, imo.

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First 4 picks are incredible, would be a dream scenario, however not sure if Roberson falls that far. 2nd pick in rd 2 id rather take a QB like Mccaron, Murray, or Mettenberg. Jeff Janis we can probably get in the 6th or 7th round. I'd maybe like to see someone like D'anthony Thomas in there somewhere. And my choice of kicker is Anthony Fera, not that it matters. This is a good draft though.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be pretty stoked if we could land Janis in the 4th. He's going to be a good #2/#3 NFL WR, imo...

:agree:Pure homerism on hometown kid.
Wouldn't mind seeing him on outside with Tate in slot.

Last edited by a moderator:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really? I've seen alot of analysts put a 6th/7th rd grade on him

Yes, one of the earliest I saw him mocked was 5th rd. to Seattle. As much I would love it. Might need more NFL ready type 2nd/3rd rd. guy to help this year. All kids take a year or two to develope. SOme just impact quicker. Still feel he would help more than the 4,5,6 WR on roster.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My criteria was simple ..... I poured over all the "expert" mocks that are out there and the guy I ended up choosing had to be there in at least one of the mocks. Roberson being available at #76 would be crazy I know but he was there in the Walterfootball most recent update. A couple of the mocks had Janis going mid 5th so I threw away the #136 at him. As for the choice of going TE ....well idk maybe that was a subconscious effort to appease those that have Ebron fever....lmao but actually I'm impressed by Gilmore. Since I don't think Pettigrew is here for the long haul new contract or not I figure hell maybe Fauria and Gilmore both develop and they battle it out for the top spot next year As for Van Noy ...I do think he goes early second but probably too early for us yet several mocks with recent updates had him going mid-late second. Fera and Freese are pretty equal in my book. Whatever happened to kickalicious btw?? Personally thought he had a better preseason than Akers. I feel that the secondary is where the team is weakest and Dix is my opinion is more impressive than any of the top CB's.

This is by no means what I think the Leos will do this weekend but it is what I would do if all the chips fell into place.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its pretty good but here's what Lionstop1 thinks about it:

Drafting Clinton Dix at 10 would be a bit of a reach, especially Lmao because there is no need for an immediate upgrade at safety. You lose some value drafting him at 10, so a trade down at least five slots makes more sense.

Van Noy is a great option at 45, plus the fan favorite.

Marcus Roberson would be a decent pick but it would be hard for him to crack the starting line-up. For a 3rd round pick, he needs to be a contributor. He has had a few injuries also.

Travis Swanson is a nice pick there.

Dont know much about Gilmore but the Lions should keep the guys they have at TE if they dont draft one by round 3. A kicker or back-up Qb should be considered here.

Jeff Janis would come in and probably get the fourth or fifth spot in the group. Doubt he beats out Ross.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lionstop1 said:
Its pretty good but here's what Lionstop1 thinks about it:

Drafting Clinton Dix at 10 would be a bit of a reach, especially Lmao because there is no need for an immediate upgrade at safety. You lose some value drafting him at 10, so a trade down at least five slots makes more sense.

Van Noy is a great option at 45, plus the fan favorite.

I disagree with you on Dix. If the Lions or any team has him graded out at 93, that puts him right there in the mix at #8-#11. I realize some top boards has Dix in the teens to early twenties but that doesn't mean the GM's do. It is a much easier transition for Safeties to come in and make an impact in the 1st year than any CB. Quin is versatile and can play anywhere CB, FS, SS. Ihedigbo is a stop gap signee and if they have no one else capable of starting at SS, then he's it. Do you know who his back up is, DeJon Gomes and then Abdul-Quddus. Does that not make you sigh, wince at all. :noidea:

Players with 93 grades are Donald, Bortles, Dix and Ebron from Scout's Inc. Kiper has him ranked 20th, CBS 18th, Walter 12th.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I was working off old info... looks like everything now is 5th or 6th round for Janis...

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont feel like there is much seperation between what Dix would bring to Detroit than a guy like Ward or Buchanon (spelling). I'd rather have one of those guys in the second than Dix in the first. More value.

I'd argue a guy like Ebron is a better prospect.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds good. Mainly because it starts out defense, defense, defense. I know next to nothing on that kicker, but that's okay.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You fuckin homer!

I am probably jealous of them Wasatch kids this year. Nothing big from them Blue this year. Not big on Lewan. I wouldn't mind that tiny little guy playing slot for us though. Late round guy could become a Welker style guy.

Really is some good players from Utah schools this year. I am not firm in thinking guys have to come from big schools to play in pros. Lord knows that little school Lobo dominated our division for years.

I watched the kid grow up at the softball fields. Worked with his mom at the factory before the rail road. So not really homer like college and pro homer. My wife said she will have Janis jersey from where ever he lands.

Last edited by a moderator:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3