• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How OU can move up in the polls

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10 in the coaches poll right now.

1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. Ohio State
4. Clemson
5. Stanford
6. Georgia
7. Louisville
8. FSU
9. Texas A&M
10. OU

Now here is how they can move up.
1. Bama (lose to LSU or possibly to Georgia in CCG)
2. Oregon (Stanford is probably their only legitimate challenger but maybe someone else catches them napping)
3. Ohio State (Wisconsin played them tight so who knows maybe Michigan will get them.)
4. Clemson (Still play FSU and GTech not to mention USCe who has owned them lately.)
5. Standford (Come on Washington Huskies I know you can do it.)
6. Georgia (As a one loss team they shouldn't be this high. If Clemson loses that will make their loss look worse too.)
7. Louisville (OU should pass these guys based on strength of schedule. They have played nobody and will play nobody.)
8. FSU (Still play at Clemson and Florida)
9. Texas A&M (Still no quality wins for this team. Arky was just beat by Rutgers the previous week and gave Johnny all he wanted. My bet is LSU rolls A&M up.)
10. OU (Convincing wins the next three weeks against TCU, Texas, and Kansas will do little to help OU in the polls. The only upside is that TCU played LSU and if OU beats them worse than LSU did OU can have that in their argument. The following two weeks against Tech and Baylor will give OU their best chance to move up provided Tech and Baylor both come in undefeated. But the key game for OU will be bedlam provided OSU can keep up their end of the bargain and not lose anymore games. A one loss OSU facing an undefeated OU will give the Sooners a big boost to end the season. And with this game taking place during the other conferences championship games week it would be ideal to have OSU ranked close to the top 10.)

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just need to worry about winning next week. If they run the table they'll get a title shot.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10 in the coaches poll right now.

Now here is how they can move up.
1. Bama (lose to LSU or possibly to Georgia in CCG)
2. Oregon (Stanford is probably their only legitimate challenger but maybe someone else catches them napping)
3. Ohio State (Wisconsin played them tight so who knows maybe Michigan will get them.)
4. Clemson (Still play FSU and GTech not to mention USCe who has owned them lately.)
5. Standford (Come on Washington Huskies I know you can do it.)
6. Georgia (As a one loss team they shouldn't be this high. If Clemson loses that will make their loss look worse too.)
7. Louisville (OU should pass these guys based on strength of schedule. They have played nobody and will play nobody.)
8. FSU (Still play at Clemson and Florida)
9. Texas A&M (Still no quality wins for this team. Arky was just beat by Rutgers the previous week and gave Johnny all he wanted. My bet is LSU rolls A&M up.)
10. OU (Convincing wins the next three weeks against TCU, Texas, and Kansas will do little to help OU in the polls. The only upside is that TCU played LSU and if OU beats them worse than LSU did OU can have that in their argument. The following two weeks against Tech and Baylor will give OU their best chance to move up provided Tech and Baylor both come in undefeated. But the key game for OU will be bedlam provided OSU can keep up their end of the bargain and not lose anymore games. A one loss OSU facing an undefeated OU will give the Sooners a big boost to end the season. And with this game taking place during the other conferences championship games week it would be ideal to have OSU ranked close to the top 10.)

Those teams can lose and still be ahead of us in the polls. Look at Georgia and aTm with 1 loss ahead of us now. Louisville and FSU are too low to stay in front with a loss.

If any of the bolded teams go undefeated, Oklahoma will be on the outside looking in.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly my point. If any two of the bolded teams goes undefeated the Sooners will not get a shot at the title.

I agree with taking each week for what it is but I see special things for this team. If not this year then next for sure.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those teams can lose and still be ahead of us in the polls. Look at Georgia and aTm with 1 loss ahead of us now. Louisville and FSU are too low to stay in front with a loss.

If any of the bolded teams go undefeated, Oklahoma will be on the outside looking in.

Mostly due to bias and preseason rankings. As the season goes I don't see An undefeated Oklahoma being held off by any one loss team. Oklahoma has something to prove and I like that.

Spikericer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will be left out this year even if we go undefeated. Too much has to happen and our schedule is going to look weak. As demonstrated before...it only takes a couple of APvoters to place you low to affect the final BCS standings as it happened to okie st a couple of years back. Too many people like to see the spooners and big 12 down. I'll gladly eat my words if we get there though!

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will be left out this year even if we go undefeated. Too much has to happen and our schedule is going to look weak. As demonstrated before...it only takes a couple of APvoters to place you low to affect the final BCS standings as it happened to okie st a couple of years back. Too many people like to see the spooners and big 12 down. I'll gladly eat my words if we get there though!

AP don't count towards the BCS anymore...

Spikericer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops! Sooners....not spooners. Stupid iPad auto correct!

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worrying about polls is counting chickens before they hatch.

Worry about the games instead. Take care of the wins, and the polls will follow and take care of themselves.

And stop worrying about getting "left out" despite winning. In the past 15 years, since the beginning of the BCS championships, only once (Auburn, OU, and USC in the 2004-2005 season) has there been 3 undefeated teams from the Power 5 conferences.

So if we win, we're almost certainly in. Worry about the games, worry about winning, and forget the polls, which will take care of themselves.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worrying about polls is counting chickens before they hatch.

Worry about the games instead. Take care of the wins, and the polls will follow and take care of themselves.

And stop worrying about getting "left out" despite winning. In the past 15 years, since the beginning of the BCS championships, only once (Auburn, OU, and USC in the 2004-2005 season) has there been 3 undefeated teams from the Power 5 conferences.

So if we win, we're almost certainly in. Worry about the games, worry about winning, and forget the polls, which will take care of themselves.

well put

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about the polls this year. I'm just worried about a young team that I hope doesn't collapse at the first sign of adversity. Hoping that if they do rise in the polls they don't let it go to their heads.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the AP was not kind this week. we win against a quality team and drop in the poll. a win against Texas next week won't help much. things that will move us up in the polls...

1) win out. 2) wait for SEC to beat each other up 3) wait for PAC to beat each other up 4) hope Clemson, FSU and Louisville trip 5) wait for next Urban Meyer retirement

are we a top 10 team? perhaps, when our O finds itself.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone please tell me why UGA is ranked #7 in the country. The AP poll is a joke anytime of the year. Could it be that impressive win them Dawgs got this weekend over the Volunteers????

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone please tell me why UGA is ranked #7 in the country. The AP poll is a joke anytime of the year. Could it be that impressive win them Dawgs got this weekend over the Volunteers????

Fortunately the AP poll doesn't count for jack shit in the bcs.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just need to worry about winning next week. If they run the table they'll get a title shot.
:agree:

OU is not looking like the strongest team in the country right now... not by a long shot.

Take it week to week...

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

OU is not looking like the strongest team in the country right now... not by a long shot.

Take it week to week...

I got news for you. Georgia just struggled against a Tennessee team that isn't even as good as TCU.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got news for you. Georgia just struggled against a Tennessee team that isn't even as good as TCU.

I don't disagree... UGA should have lost this weekend. They haven't changed... they can beat a good team one night and lose to the worst another night.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree... UGA should have lost this weekend. They haven't changed... they can beat a good team one night and lose to the worst another night.

I think you will find that when they play a team with a defense like your Gators in a few weeks that they won't be able to beat a team with good defense. Now they can outscore some folks but #7 in the country with one loss is a stretch to me.