• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How many games before Rex gets the axe?

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Jets get off to a bad start he doesn't make it to game five. 1-3 or 0-4 and it's bye bye Rex. NY media all over him for having Sanchez in the game last night and he gets injured. He said he "Wanted to win the game". Smart move Rex :L

Plays him with second and third stringers on the O line.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he said it was for the competition.

If I had a dollar for every thread asking when Rex is going to get fired.

Our defense outside of 1 play looked pretty dominant yesterday. And that was without some starters. Cromartie, Milliner, and Coples didn't play.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our defense outside of 1 play looked pretty dominant yesterday. And that was without some starters. Cromartie, Milliner, and Coples didn't play.

Putting Sanchez in at the end of the game is right up there with one of the poorest decisions ever. I would have understood Sanchez being in during the first half.

Geno Smith is not going to win games for NY. This puts the jets in a rough position. And rex is sitting on a knife blade.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My apologies if this topic has been repeated but I scanned the first page and didn't see one.

His quote was, "That was my decision," Jets coach Rex Ryan said. "It was the coaches' decision all the way. You're talking about competing, the whole week you're taking about winning games and competing and that was my decision."

The "winning games" jumped out at me. JMO but winning or losing pre season games shouldn't even be mentioned, evaluation of talent is the only priority. The year the Lions went 0-16 they were 4-0 in the pre season but those games didn't count. Not trying to be a smart ass like I said JMO.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it me or is Rex always apologizing for a choice he made or at least explaining why he made yet another dumb decision.

Not that Sanchez is the answer but if he is out for significant time putting the guy in at that point of a preseason game should lead to him being canned.

Honestly I dont think Brady, Manning or anyone could make that Jets team be much better.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It must be tough right now! Do Jets fans still support the guy? And if they do is their a leash or a point that Jet fans say enough is enough?

If it was Schwartz that put Stafford back into the game to win a meaningless preseason game I would be calling for his head.

IMO Ryan made an asinine decision.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It must be tough right now! Do Jets fans still support the guy? And if they do is their a leash or a point that Jet fans say enough is enough?

If it was Schwartz that put Stafford back into the game to win a meaningless preseason game I would be calling for his head.

IMO Ryan made an asinine decision.

Difference is, the Jets have a QB competition going on. The Lions don't.

The smart fans still support him.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it me or is Rex always apologizing for a choice he made or at least explaining why he made yet another dumb decision.

Not that Sanchez is the answer but if he is out for significant time putting the guy in at that point of a preseason game should lead to him being canned.

Honestly I dont think Brady, Manning or anyone could make that Jets team be much better.

Because he always has to answer to the media who attack him for everything.

If the Jets had Brady or Manning, they would be a contender.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big difference between the two New York NFL coaches is one (Coughlin) wins Super Bowls and his job is always on the line and the other (Ryan) is an idiot who should have been fired two season ago.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The answer to that? Simple...

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big difference between the two New York NFL coaches is one (Coughlin) wins Super Bowls and his job is always on the line and the other (Ryan) is an idiot who should have been fired two season ago.

The years have proven Rex Ryan to be all talk, no show. He's an ill-qualified coach and an extremely poor maker of decisions. I would hope that any NFL franchise would be humiliated by the position he's put the Jets in for years now with his big fat mouth.

I say he's fired during the bye week. :2cents:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The years have proven Rex Ryan to be all talk, no show. He's an ill-qualified coach and an extremely poor maker of decisions. I would hope that any NFL franchise would be humiliated by the position he's put the Jets in for years now with his big fat mouth.

I say he's fired during the bye week. :2cents:

Rex got off easy since he had such an easy fall guy (in Tannenbaum).

I think he'll make it until the end of the season (since the team will probably be 4-5 or 5-4 at bye week).

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No he does not, see Belicheck he does not answer anything he does not want too. Rex loves the spotlight and running his fat mouth.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah fire a coach right after he almost gets you to the SB.... :rollseyes:

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he does not, see Belicheck he does not answer anything he does not want too. Rex loves the spotlight and running his fat mouth.

Belichick's style wouldn't work in NY, it didn't with Mangini. damned if you do, damned if you don't. The only way you can escape criticism in NY is if you win and that is only for a short time.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah fire a coach right after he almost gets you to the SB.... :rollseyes:

Face the fact, some position coaches just don't make good head coaches.