• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

how many fans feel like this fan?

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the NFL front office has a humongous boner for the Patriots, no doubt. Welcome to being a fan during a dynasty... everything is scrutinized and the team is targeted with extreme prejudice. Had this happened in Detroit, it would be on page three of the sports section and end in a wrist slap.

If I'm going to stop watching and being a fan, it will be because of the rule changes further handcuffing defenses. When we start seeing basketball scores and teams fastbreaking up and down the field - I will cease watching. It's headed in that direction. The game has changed so much over the years and not for the better.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the NFL front office has a humongous boner for the Patriots, no doubt. Welcome to being a fan during a dynasty... everything is scrutinized and the team is targeted with extreme prejudice. Had this happened in Detroit, it would be on page three of the sports section and end in a wrist slap.

If I'm going to stop watching and being a fan, it will be because of the rule changes further handcuffing defenses. When we start seeing basketball scores and teams fastbreaking up and down the field - I will cease watching. It's headed in that direction. The game has changed so much over the years and not for the better.

and the fact that most of the defensive changes occurred because of the constant whining by the Colts after being beaten by the Pats again and again makes it harder to stomach.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I'll quit watching, at least for the next few years. I think the pendulum will start to swing back in a few years. A lot of the changes are because of Fantasy Football and the fervor that it's generated. I started a FF League in 1986 and it was pretty solid until the end of this past season. Draft Kings and these one week betting sites are killing the old mainstay Fantasy Football. Guys like me in their 60's who like to play for fun and have a little monetary incentive for a season of football are being left behind by the younger immediate gratification guys who hunger for the "Big Win". Once these sites start to give a bigger point reward for defensive players, the league will respond. 1 or 2 points for a fumble recovery and 3 points for an INT won't satisfy the bettors for long. An INT returned for a TD is 9 points and that can swing a game. Start giving yardage points and defense will start to have tremendous value.

That and I want to see the Patriots back at the Super Bowl in February 2016 and watch Goodell's face as he tries to smile when he hands the Lombardi to Kraft.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To a degree I feel this way. I will watch the NFL, but I will not purchase Sunday Ticket like I have in the past. I will not attend any games. I will not buy any Patriots gear. I am canceling the NFL Network once all the promotions are over. I will watch on the local channels and that is it. I just refuse to put money into the pocket of a greedy, lying company, and that goes for the Patriots also. I feel Kraft turned his back on the fans just to keep face with 31 other grown men who want to see NE go down. I have felt this way towards the NFL for a few yrs now, and this PSI thing has just put me over the edge. Punish NE for "maybe, probably, might have" Yet nothing for teams like the Vikings and Indy who were actually caught messing with the footballs. Balt can't stop NE with the "ineligible" WR, so the league removes it. Manning gets his ass kicked by NE and Sea, rule changes to benefit the WR. Complete BS. Punish NE for Spygate all over again because of soft footballs. I am sure my 300.00$ a yr contribution to the NFL will not be missed, but it's something I have to do.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To a degree I feel this way. I will watch the NFL, but I will not purchase Sunday Ticket like I have in the past. I will not attend any games. I will not buy any Patriots gear. I am canceling the NFL Network once all the promotions are over. I will watch on the local channels and that is it. I just refuse to put money into the pocket of a greedy, lying company, and that goes for the Patriots also. I feel Kraft turned his back on the fans just to keep face with 31 other grown men who want to see NE go down. I have felt this way towards the NFL for a few yrs now, and this PSI thing has just put me over the edge. Punish NE for "maybe, probably, might have" Yet nothing for teams like the Vikings and Indy who were actually caught messing with the footballs. Balt can't stop NE with the "ineligible" WR, so the league removes it. Manning gets his ass kicked by NE and Sea, rule changes to benefit the WR. Complete BS. Punish NE for Spygate all over again because of soft footballs. I am sure my 300.00$ a yr contribution to the NFL will not be missed, but it's something I have to do.

I'm about in the same place as you although I never ponied up to subscribe to Sunday Ticket or pay more on my Verizon subscription just to get NFL Network.

The part that irks me more than anything is that Kraft decided to let Goofdell ram his ass over this with the team punishment even though the team was found completely innocent in the Wells report and Kraft himself stated that he believes Brady and that "Tom has never lied to me." IMO..Kraft's statements run contrary to his actions.

Last edited:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys truly believe that the Patriots did nothing to bring this upon themselves then ignore this post.

However, I repeatedly coach the teenagers I work with to answer to their own actions. What about them? (Vikings, etc) only has merit after you have your own house clean. Imo, Brady brought this upon himself. Is it a set up and a witch hunt? Yes. Would it be a non story with most other teams? Yes.

Instead of being a smug asshole in response to the Ravens game formations, he could have simply replied that they were legal formations. He didn't have to dig at Harbaugh and his coaching staff as he did. What goes around comes around.

Tom had his footballs deflated after they were checked and that's at the very core of this situation.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys truly believe that the Patriots did nothing to bring this upon themselves then ignore this post.

However, I repeatedly coach the teenagers I work with to answer to their own actions. What about them? (Vikings, etc) only has merit after you have your own house clean. Imo, Brady brought this upon himself. Is it a set up and a witch hunt? Yes. Would it be a non story with most other teams? Yes.

Instead of being a smug asshole in response to the Ravens game formations, he could have simply replied that they were legal formations. He didn't have to dig at Harbaugh and his coaching staff as he did. What goes around comes around.

Tom had his footballs deflated after they were checked and that's at the very core of this situation.

we've got two imbeciles texting back and forth about Tom's balls but I don't recall anything that said that Tom told anyone to deflate footballs AFTER they were taken from the ref. Or did I miss that in all the bullshit in the report?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not interested in extending the argument thus my opening sentence. I believe that Brady indeed had the balls deflated. You may feel otherwise.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really? I have yet to see any proof of this except for a maybe probably.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you're free to feel as you wish. There are plenty of threads to discuss levels of guilt.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you're free to feel as you wish. There are plenty of threads to discuss levels of guilt.

As I've said previously. I don't know what happened. I don't have high hopes for ever knowing.
I can say that innocence is a long way from not guilty as charged.
The Patriots mishandled this problem. I negotiate problems for a living. I can say they should have handled it differently. Mistakes cost.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tom had his footballs deflated after they were checked and that's at the very core of this situation.[/QUOTE]

I'll avoid the is he guilty or not and just address the being a smug A-hole.
Firts I believe you're right he could've avoided saying what he did. Brady "usually" does that. I'm thinking he was so tired of Hairball, Thugs, RayRoid... That he had hit his boiling point and he said what he and many others thought.

I also believe like you if this had been alomost any other team it would've been swept under the rug or given the minimal fine.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm about in the same place as you although I never ponied up to subscribe to Sunday Ticket or pay more on my Verizon subscription just to get NFL Network.

The part that irks me more than anything is that Kraft decided to let Goofdell ram his ass over this with the team punishment even though the team was found completely innocent in the Wells report and Kraft himself stated that he believes Brady and that "Tom has never lied to me." IMO..Kraft's statements run contrary to his actions.

Totally agree. I am not mad about the suspension, I can see why that was handed down. The pick's taken away when they were cleared, yet had spygate thrown back at them is the reason I am so pissed. That is where I drew the line. Also pissed that other teams (Vikes, Indy) were caught 100% messing with the balls, and nothing. Yet Goofball has the balls to throw "integrity of the game" and everyone has to "play by the rules" out there after the punish NE. That is where I gave up.