• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long before Russell Wilson breaks the all-time record?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they have this year’s first and right now it comes in around 14. If they close with 2 losses (looks like this could be a tank) they likely have a top ten pick in a QB deep draft.
well. Then sounds like they can get their QB in the draft.
I guess the idea of Cousins would be out the question however.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New question.
Does anyone think he would be tradable?
They already paid the signing bonus.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well. Then sounds like they can get their QB in the draft.
I guess the idea of Cousins would be out the question however.
That would be a lot of cap dedicated to the QB position for the next two years.

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos are a poorly run unserious franchise. They send all sorts of draft capital to acquire Russ. Then when it doesn’t work out they send more draft capital to get a coach who almost immediately after the hire started signaling that Wilson wasn’t his kind of QB. The two moves are anything but complimentary to each other. Maybe Payton has the ability to fix them from here. What’s clear though is that this is a rudderless and clueless franchise in Denver.
I'd think much differently of benching Russ if the Broncos were eliminated from playoff contention. But as of today they're not. Regardless of the odds they're still in it. This just stinks all around.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd think much differently of benching Russ if the Broncos were eliminated from playoff contention. But as of today they're not. Regardless of the odds they're still in it. This just stinks all around.
Man, if you think a 1.3% chance to make the playoffs is still in contention I don’t know what to tell you.

If you are planning on cutting/trading Russ you’re basically risking $37 million in the hopes he doesn’t get injured for that 1.3% chance, you realize how incredibly asinine that sounds right?

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a completely dumbass and idiotic take.

1st, Denver essentially traded a 2nd rounder for a 3rd and Sean Payton, that‘s not giving up a ton of draft capitol. The 1st they gave up was the pick they fleeced Miami for because they were desperate to add an edge rusher and Denver wasn’t re-signing Bradley Chubb regardless.

2nd, the fact that Denver went out and got Sean Payton proves the ownership was serious about fixing this team, regardless of price. Russ had an awful year in 2022 and Denver brought in the best coach available try and fix him, it worked but not nearly enough to their liking so when it comes down to it Denver is choosing a potential Hall of Fame head coach over a QB on the downward spiral of his career. This isn’t another Belichick/Brady scenario Denver is actually making the correct call here. You bring in someone who has the best chance to lead your franchise forward you don’t just accept your GM(who is likely to be fired) made a bad call and just sit there and throw your hands up in the air and do nothing.

If Denver wasn’t serious they would’ve just brought in a coach who was ok riding out this bad contract with Wilson or just sticking with Hackett and then trying again in 4-5 years. They ain’t those type of people they brought in someone in Payton who was going to course correct the ship as soon as possible but cutting Wilson at the beginning of this year wasn’t a possibility.
Keep in mind that they also gave Russ a massive extension to the contract before he ever suited up. That extension still hasn't started yet!

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain to me how cutting Russ makes any sense? Cutting him doesn't save any money according to over the cap
1703738169537.png

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain to me how cutting Russ makes any sense? Cutting him doesn't save any money according to over the cap
View attachment 349638
I’m trying to find a cliff notes version of this, but this guy breaks it down pretty much exactly. I think it has something to do with by benching him and cutting him before the next season they don’t guarantee his contract for that season so they do save money they just still have to pay a shit ton of it to him in dead cap.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure why the Broncos are benching Russ - he hasn’t been awful this year, and he’s better than Stidham. It seems like there’s a lot of conflict between Russ and Sean Payton, I have to think Russ’ time in Denver is over now. Personally I think Sean Payton is overrated and deserves criticism over how the Broncos season has gone down - I’m really not sure why Sean Payton is considered some great coach - he had one of the best QB’s ever in Drew Brees and only won 1 Super Bowl with him, they choked in the playoffs almost every time.
It's a business decision.

https://sportshoop.la/posts/17734070/

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear where you’re coming from but it seems like the relationship is untenable and Russ will still be a big hunk of cap the next 2 years. It’s imperative at this point to get a QB on a rookie deal and in round 1 so they get 5 modestly priced contract years to counteract the big cap hit for a guy who isn’t playing there. I think once they decide to move on, benching him and tanking the final 2 games to likely move into the top 10 is the right move.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear where you’re coming from but it seems like the relationship is untenable and Russ will still be a big hunk of cap the next 2 years. It’s imperative at this point to get a QB on a rookie deal and in round 1 so they get 5 modestly priced contract years to counteract the big cap hit for a guy who isn’t playing there. I think once they decide to move on, benching him and tanking the final 2 games to likely move into the top 10 is the right move.
Honestly if Stidham goes out there against LA and has a great game it just shows that Payton was handicapped by Russ. If he struggles it’s not like Denver isn’t expecting it because he still is Jared Stidham so it only helps them in the long run.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly if Stidham goes out there against LA and has a great game it just shows that Payton was handicapped by Russ. If he struggles it’s not like Denver isn’t expecting it because he still is Jared Stidham so it only helps them in the long run.
That’s actually a dangerous position to be in. With only a two game sample size you might trick yourself into a Sam Howell situation where you think Stidham could be a dude. I doubt it happens. Best case scenario is that Stidham can hold it down for the first 7-8 games of 2024 at a minimum to let the young QB be brought around slowly before taking them home in the second half of the season.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s actually a dangerous position to be in. With only a two game sample size you might trick yourself into a Sam Howell situation where you think Stidham could be a dude. I doubt it happens. Best case scenario is that Stidham can hold it down for the first 7-8 games of 2024 at a minimum to let the young QB be brought around slowly before taking them home in the second half of the season.
Stidham signed a 2 year $10 million deal this year so he’s gonna be on the team in 2024 but I think you’re right and they bring in someone to sit for a bit.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? You guys must be extremely bored.
Thank it -whatever it is- for a new day!