• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

how i think we should build the team

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) do not go on a wild spending spree for big name fa's . focus on young , cheap mid range guys to aid in building depth and possibly fill a few starting holes

2) focus on the LOS. we have one very good o/lineman and the rest are avg to below . same with the reserves . look at FA , see where the best values are on the o/line and d/lines and fill holes at reasonable cost
it wont happen in one off season but see if you can get half done

3) only one Fa we have is worth an overpay and that is Rak . the rest we must play hardball with or move in another direction on

4) dont back load contracts for short term gratification . we have some big name guys of our own , Rg3 , williams , AM , and kerrigan that will need resigning . dont tie up cap space on avg players at the expense of your good ones

5) value our draft picks . we gave up a kings ransom for Rg3 at the expense of our o/line . some people said drafting a franchise qb over rides the o/line . well i think now we know that is false . i have always believed in that and i havent changed that philosophy unlike others so keep and acquire draft picks

6) draft at least one o/lineman and one d/lineman in every draft

7) build and maintain a top 10 defense . some have said teams like the broncos can simply outscore a good defense . that can be true however if said offense has a bad day then having a crappy defense spells defeat . having a great defense keeps you in the game

8) hire a competent coaching staff . how many times do we have to watch professional redskins defenses miss tackles ? blow coverages?, make numerous penalties that are mental mistakes .? cant communicate ?

how many times do we have to watch a redskins WR run a route short of the 1st down ? run the wrong route ? and o/line that makes the wrong line calls ? cant pick up blitz's ? waste time outs and poorly manage the clock ? get little or no improvement at qb ? KC still looks like the TO machine he was at MSU Rg3 running plays he shouldnt

9) fix the special teams . Can we get a punter now ? how about a kicker who can put the ball in the end zone ? many of you think that a KR is obsolete . i think we know that is false and we need a quality field position changer at KR/PR

10 ) embrace a draft strategy that targets drafting the BPA at a position need . if value isnt there simply take the BPA . look at the board and use it

11) let your scouting dept do their jobs dont let the HC have total control over player aquisition

12) give a new coach time to get his program in place . thinking 2 years will do it is simply foolish by year 3 we should see improvement to the point of making the playoffs on a regular basis if we dont then a change should be looked at

13) stick to the plan . changing it every 5 minutes wont work

14) develop our own guys and try to keep them as much as you can . there is only so much you can do when level of play doesnt meet the expectation of salary

15) get rid of players a year early rather then a year late

16) acquire tall CBS who are rangy can play bump and run and are physical at the LOS . get away from dwarfs like wilson who can do everything right but are too small to make a play get tall physical and rangy safeties too

there you have it