• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How I know your conference sucks.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its not viable then its a dumb analogy. ND joining a conference is actually a possibility even though most think it will never happen.

Plus many other schools have given up rivalries to join other conferences.

Whether they need the money or not, choosing to not make more is not doing yourself a favor.

Plus you have completely ignored the disadvantage they have by not being able to call themselves a conference champion which is also why they are not doing themselves a favor.

ND joining a conference is as likely as Ohio State leaving the B1G so the analogy is spot on.

That's why I bring up the analogy with Ohio State. I'm sure Ohio State values the rivalry with Michigan a lot more than earning 5-10 million more in a season.

And like I said yesterday being a conference champion isn't a requirement. Because one gets left out every year. That label just separates everybody else in said conference.

Either way you're completely wrong about this. I'm sure you have no clue on the ND/Navy history, go look it up. Notre Dame would be universally mocked if that game ever went away. Its not worth the extra money to get rid of that game, therefore, when you say, "choosing not to do so isn't doing any favors" is wrong.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND joining a conference is as likely as Ohio State leaving the B1G so the analogy is spot on.

That's why I bring up the analogy with Ohio State. I'm sure Ohio State values the rivalry with Michigan a lot more than earning 5-10 million more in a season.

And like I said yesterday being a conference champion isn't a requirement. Because one gets left out every year. That label just separates everybody else in said conference.

Either way you're completely wrong about this. I'm sure you have no clue on the ND/Navy history, go look it up. Notre Dame would be universally mocked if that game ever went away. Its not worth the extra money to get rid of that game, therefore, when you say, "choosing not to do so isn't doing any favors" is wrong.

I didn't say being a conference champion is a requirement but not being one hurts you or in other words does you no favors.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is a completely ridiculous statement and you know it.

You may think ND will never join a conference but it is FAR more likely than OSU every leaving the Big 10.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus you have completely ignored the disadvantage they have by not being able to call themselves a conference champion which is also why they are not doing themselves a favor.

What disadvantage is it to them for not being able to call themselves a conference champion? Don't they play a conference champion just about every year?

2015: Clemson (who is likely to be the ACC champ)
2014: Florida State (ACC champ)
2013: Michigan State (B10 Champ)
2012: Oklahoma (B12 co-champ)

As much as I hate Notre Dame, they often play conference champions just about every season...at least they have the past 4 years, from 3 different conferences.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're talking about in conference toughness, technically the ACC has historically over the last decade had the most parity. :D