• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How I know your conference sucks.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you please explain to me how the media bias is able to extend over to the computers as well?

Compared to the computers, the media hates the SEC.

It's actually a good question. What data are computers given to calculate their rankings

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me great
You suck

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dreamofficial.com%2Ffree%2Fnews%2Fimg%2Fphoto%2F1266592274%2F1266592280.jpg
My trophy

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fthumbs.dreamstime.com%2Fz%2Fsmall-trophy-5181169.jpg
Your trophy

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
You say no, just about everyone else says $$$greed.

ND would probably make more money if they joined a conference. It's always been about scheduling and the freedom being an independent has on that. If ND ever joined a conference, they would literally be playing the same schedule every year, because the USC, Stanford and Navy games are too important to drop.

As far as basketball and the other sports are concerned, it's extremely difficult to put together an independent schedule for those respective sports. It's no different than when all the other sports were in the Big East. Plus half the teams they used to play in the Big East are now in the ACC(Boston College, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech, Miami and Louisville)

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND would probably make more money if they joined a conference. It's always been about scheduling and the freedom being an independent has on that. If ND ever joined a conference, they would literally be playing the same schedule every year, because the USC, Stanford and Navy games are too important to drop.

As far as basketball and the other sports are concerned, it's extremely difficult to put together an independent schedule for those respective sports. It's no different than when all the other sports were in the Big East. Plus half the teams they used to play in the Big East are now in the ACC(Boston College, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech, Miami and Louisville)

I get why they don't, I just don't think they are doing themselves any favors.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

------
Nice response except I don't believe a word of it. ND got into it's own TV deal solely for the money...period. And the rest of the sports benefit from being in a conference---money. Quality of opponents has little to do with it. A team in and of itself is either good or it is not regardless of whom you play.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
------
Nice response except I don't believe a word of it. ND got into it's own TV deal solely for the money...period. And the rest of the sports benefit from being in a conference---money. Quality of opponents has little to do with it. A team in and of itself is either good or it is not regardless of whom you play.

Oh so ND is the only team in the country who can't get money for playing on TV? That's fucking absurd. EVERY team in the country gets money for being on TV, it just goes through conference affiliation with every team getting a piece of it. ND only gets 15 million per year from NBC. The B1G and ACC schools get approx 21 million, dating back to last year. I mean hell didn't Nebraska take the money and run off to the B1G?

ND makes very little off being in the ACC for basketball, and no other sports make money at all.

You don't have to believe me if you don't want to, but scheduling is important for ND, and to maintain their traditional games. And as I showed earlier, they actually make LESS off TV than any other P5 team.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get why they don't, I just don't think they are doing themselves any favors.

You clearly don't understand why they do it, if you say in the same sentence they aren't doing themselves any favors.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clearly don't understand why they do it, if you say in the same sentence they aren't doing themselves any favors.

You said yourself they would make more money if they joined a conference.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said yourself they would make more money if they joined a conference.

Yeah they would, which leads me to believe that is low on the list. ND has over an 8 Billion dollar endowment.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so if they aren't making more money by not being in a conference and its not helping them get into the play off, that by definition is not doing themselves any favors.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so if they aren't making more money by not being in a conference and its not helping them get into the play off, that by definition is not doing themselves any favors.

Again, if money was important they would be in a conference right now. Its more important to ND to be able to have the flexibility in their schedule. They're choosing not to be in a conference because they don't want to. If they wanted to be in a conference they would.

Not sure how you don't understand this.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, if money was important they would be in a conference right now. Its more important to ND to be able to have the flexibility in their schedule. They're choosing not to be in a conference because they don't want to. If they wanted to be in a conference they would.

Not sure how you don't understand this.

I've never said anything to the contrary. Plus that has nothing to do with what I have said.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never said anything to the contrary. Plus that has nothing to do with what I have said.

ND favors flexibility with their schedule and to keep their traditional rivalries, over money. That's why saying, "ND isn't doing themselves any favors by not being in a conference" is dumb. They value different things than you do.

Ask yourself this: Would Ohio State take more money, leave the B1G and give up the game with Michigan every year? No.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND favors flexibility with their schedule and to keep their traditional rivalries, over money. That's why saying, "ND isn't doing themselves any favors by not being in a conference" is dumb. They value different things than you do.

Ask yourself this: Would Ohio State take more money, leave the B1G and give up the game with Michigan every year? No.

Its not dumb at all. Whether they have different values or not has nothing do with them not doing themselves any favors.

The Ohio State analogy is what is dumb because that's not even a remote realistic possibility, or option.

ND Not joining a conference leads to them not making as much money and not helping themselves out come playoff selection time.........therefore it doesn't do them any favors.

With that said, I get the whole wanting to keep rivalries thing.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not dumb at all. Whether they have different values or not has nothing do with them not doing themselves any favors.

The Ohio State analogy is what is dumb because that's not even a remote realistic possibility, or option.

ND Not joining a conference leads to them not making as much money and not helping themselves out come playoff selection time.........therefore it doesn't do them any favors.

Again...ND doesn't need the money. They VALUE the rivalries, especially Navy, and USC. They VALUE schedule flexibility. They don't VALUE money, because frankly, they don't need an extra 5-10 million they'd get by joining a conference. It is dumb to suggest they aren't doing themselves any favors by joining a conference because they'll make more money, when they don't need to make it, nor value it. If ND joins a conference, they'll essentially have the same schedule every year unless they were to drop Navy, USC or Stanford, which isn't a viable option for what ND wants to accomplish. They FAVOR keeping the schedule over money, therefore, what you're saying is dumb. In this instance making more money isn't doing ND any favors. Its not that hard to grasp.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And the Ohio State anagoly is certainly a fair one. You're asking ND to make more money and give up a rivalry. I'm asking Ohio State to do the same. Whether that's actually viable is a moot point.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Ohio State anagoly is certainly a fair one. You're asking ND to make more money and give up a rivalry. I'm asking Ohio State to do the same. Whether that's actually viable is a moot point.

If its not viable then its a dumb analogy. ND joining a conference is actually a possibility even though most think it will never happen.

Plus many other schools have given up rivalries to join other conferences.

Whether they need the money or not, choosing to not make more is not doing yourself a favor.

Plus you have completely ignored the disadvantage they have by not being able to call themselves a conference champion which is also why they are not doing themselves a favor.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its not viable its a dumb analogy. ND joining a conference is actually a possibility even though most think it will never happen.

Whether they need the money or not, choosing to not make more is not doing yourself a favor.

Plus you have completely ignored the disadvantage they have by not being able to call themselves a conference champion which is also why they are not doing themselves a favor.

Are you just straight up ignoring the thread calling you out? :noidea: