• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How I know your conference sucks.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What could be the defining factor.... OU has been relevant for the past 15 years.....Notre Dame has not....

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the PAC 12 will have a champion too, but if all stays the same that won't mean shit.

ND doesn't need to join a conference.

Conference Champ only matters because in most instances it will elimate everybody else in said conference.

Thats only because they will have a worse record. If records are the same, more than likely ND gets left out.

I know ND doesn't need to join a conference they are just hurting their chances by not doing so. I really could care less either way, just pointing out how I see it.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats only because they will have a worse record. If records are the same, more than likely ND gets left out.

I know ND doesn't need to join a conference they are just hurting their chances by not doing so. I really could care less either way, just pointing out how I see it.

If ND and OU both win out with the same record it'll be irrelevant about conference affiliation at that point. Whatever they value more is who they'll pick. Or if they just think one team is flat out better than the other.

I don't think ND is hurting their chances at all. Its not as if all P5 conference are created equal anyway.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does one talk about in conference SOS? Not like the Big 12 went .700 vs the Big 12.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What could be the defining factor.... OU has been relevant for the past 15 years.....Notre Dame has not....

And that doesn't matter at all.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ND and OU both win out with the same record it'll be irrelevant about conference affiliation at that point. Whatever they value more is who they'll pick. Or if they just think one team is flat out better than the other.

I don't think ND is hurting their chances at all. Its not as if all P5 conference are created equal anyway.

we know they value conference champions. This is not even arguable.

ND is hurting their chances by never being able to have that tag.

That will definitely be something they factor in when looking at OU over ND

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we know they value conference champions. This is not even arguable.

ND is hurting their chances by never being able to have that tag.

That will definitely be something they factor in when looking at OU over ND

Having some arbitrary tag is bull shit to begin with. They'll give to OU because they value their wins not because of that arbitrary tag.

Its why a one loss OU is the only team in the Big 12 that will have a chance. Because of other circumstances.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hard to say a team that recently made a NC game isnt relevant.

True. Just didn't feel like going back and forth with somebody having already admitted to "hating" ND. Pointless discussion.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having some arbitrary tag is bull shit to begin with. They'll give to OU because they value their wins not because of that arbitrary tag.

Its why a one loss OU is the only team in the Big 12 that will have a chance. Because of other circumstances.
You should say that to his face. He's a man, he's 40.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go look at the list of determining factors.

Conference Championship is listed at the top. Its not arbitrary.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Just didn't feel like going back and forth with somebody having already admitted to "hating" ND. Pointless discussion.

Why not, just because i hate ND doesnt mean i dont see their chances of getting in any easier than ours. I have posted before, OU and ND numbers are fairly simular. Assuming both ND and OU win out there will be a lot of numbers that will be hard to make an advantage argument over another. It will really come down to which team they like more as far as chances to win it all. My hatred for ND doesnt mean i am not fair at looking at the circumstances. Dont assume i am just an average football fan and have no clue what is going on in College Ball. Either way, it will be entertaining to see what happens. Besides, we still have TCU and OSU to play and yall still have to get ready for Stanford.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you win 7 straight BCS titles where people vote you in and then the first year there's a playoff your,best team gets bear by a team you wouldn't even have had to play in the BCS?? Or when you start the year with 10 ranked teams,and end with only 1 that's any good at all? Or when you get your best coaches from the B10 or when your best coaches leave for the B10? I'm sure there's more... I'll ponder

I'm sorry, but did the voters also win the BCS national championship games where the rest of college football kept getting the best teams they could offer beat in those games?

Or are you claiming that: Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio St, Oregon and Notre Dame are just shit teams? If so, exactly what teams do you think could have beaten the SEC in those years?

Go ahead and list them, I'll wait.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a team in your conference wins 4 conference games in 3 years, and starts out the following season ranked.....

did you need to finish this statement?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When your proud of your over inflated strength of schedule because the media over inflates how good your conference really is

Can you please explain to me how the media bias is able to extend over to the computers as well?

Compared to the computers, the media hates the SEC.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you stroke off a team that is a "rival" and claim they are a "good team" because when they play a team with a pulse they lose but because they play in one of the worst divisions in college football they will get to 8 wins.

Nobody is talking about Iowa here.

Thanks though.

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but did the voters also win the BCS national championship games where the rest of college football kept getting the best teams they could offer beat in those games?

Or are you claiming that: Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio St, Oregon and Notre Dame are just shit teams? If so, exactly what teams do you think could have beaten the SEC in those years?

Go ahead and list them, I'll wait.

You didn't list year's but 2008 USC should have been in the BCS title game (over OU?). In 2012 the 2 best teams were Bama and Oregon.

Hell, if we still had the shitty BCS, Alabama would have likely been MNCs last year. The BCS can :finger:

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND will never join a conference, and ND regularly schedules great during the season. Don't need to join a dumb conference when ND can get everything offered to them without being in one.
--------
If this were true then it should be for all ND sports. Not the case though huh?