• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How I know your conference sucks.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If being in a conference was a requirement it would be a 5 team playoff not a 4 team playoff. If ND deserves to be in the playoff they'll be in it.

how does one book mark a post to come back to it later so that he can show that post when the butt hurt starts

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If being in a conference was a requirement it would be a 5 team playoff not a 4 team playoff. If ND deserves to be in the playoff they'll be in it.

how does one book mark a post to come back to it later so that he can remind them of their post when the butt hurt starts?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed which is why the B1G records are somewhat inflated. Same with the sec last year. Nobody was claiming Mizzou as the 2nd best team in the sec last year.
Yeah I can't wait til bowl season. I think all 6 ranked B1G teams do have the talent to make waves OOC. I'll really be interested to see what Iowa is made of if we make it past the two teams from up north.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how does one book mark a post to come back to it later so that he can show that post when the butt hurt starts

If OU finishes 11-1 and gets in over and ND I'll disagree but understand. They valued wins over common opponent and better loss. Is what it is. Bitching about it won't change a thing.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If OU finishes 11-1 and gets in over and ND I'll disagree but understand. They valued wins over common opponent and better loss. Is what it is. Bitching about it won't change a thing.

That is why I always thought 4 was a crap number. It should be 6 or 8 with me leaning towards. 6

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. ND would get in with a better record. Genius take.

ND will be fine. If 11-1 isn't enough to get in this year I'll disagree, but I'll understand. If the committee values their wins over ND's wins that's fine.

I was just pointing out why they don't have "Conference Championship" as a complete requirement.

The thing is however is that it is heavily Valued.

I'm just saying that if ND starts racking up several years of being left out because of that scenario, they may start to rethink their situation. Or if they are fine with always being left out even though they have a case then so be it.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I can't wait til bowl season. I think all 6 ranked B1G teams do have the talent to make waves OOC. I'll really be interested to see what Iowa is made of if we make it past the two teams from up north.
Bowl OOC and regular season OOC aren't exactly the same. But, I get your drift.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gary Pattersonish instead of Art Brilesish

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowl OOC and regular season OOC aren't exactly the same. But, I get your drift.
Oh they're not, I meant bowl season when they should see a similar matchup in terms of rankings.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just pointing out why they don't have "Conference Championship" as a complete requirement.

The thing is however is that it is heavily Valued.

I'm just saying that if ND starts racking up several years of being left out because of that scenario, they may start to rethink their situation. Or if they are fine with always being left out even though they have a case then so be it.

Given the last decade, if ND starts racking up several years like this one...I'll take it and let the chips fall where they may.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the last decade, if ND starts racking up several years like this one...I'll take it and let the chips fall where they may.

I guess, I just don't see how getting left out time and time again with similar records won't change some minds.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess, I just don't see how getting left out time and time again with similar records won't change some minds.

Because its unrealistic that ND would get passed over time and time again just because they aren't in a conference. If ND goes 11-1 this year and gets passed over it'll be because the committee doesn't value the wins of ND over OU. OU would have wins over Tennessee, TCU, Baylor and Okie State. Is that better than Stanford, USC, Navy, and Pitt/Temple? Probably. If the committee values loss and common opponent ND will be fine.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, ND would probably push for them to have a 13th game before they would want to join a conference, if they felt they were getting slighted. Would be pretty cool for BYU and ND to set up a 13th game at the end of the year on conference championship day.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because its unrealistic that ND would get passed over time and time again just because they aren't in a conference. If ND goes 11-1 this year and gets passed over it'll be because the committee doesn't value the wins of ND over OU. OU would have wins over Tennessee, TCU, Baylor and Okie State. Is that better than Stanford, USC, Navy, and Pitt/Temple? Probably. If the committee values loss and common opponent ND will be fine.

OU will also be a conference champion and i think its apparent that does matter to the committee.

In fact its the first thing mentioned in their list of factors.

I don't think its unrealistic at all that they will get passed over assuming the records are the same.

The fact is, it doesn't help ND not being in a conference.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU will also be a conference champion and i think its apparent that does matter to the committee.

In fact its the first thing mentioned in their list of factors.

I don't think its unrealistic at all that they will get passed over assuming the records are the same.

The fact is, it doesn't help ND not being in a conference.

And the PAC 12 will have a champion too, but if all stays the same that won't mean shit.

ND doesn't need to join a conference.

Conference Champ only matters because in most instances it will elimate everybody else in said conference.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, ND would probably push for them to have a 13th game before they would want to join a conference, if they felt they were getting slighted. Would be pretty cool for BYU and ND to set up a 13th game at the end of the year on conference championship day.

I heard that mentioned the other day, i still don't think that helps compare to a team that is labled a conference champion.