• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How has your team done in the NFL Combine thus far?

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ had a solid day, looked real good throwing the football. Scouts said he looks effortless throwing the ball, very fluent motion -- Better than most in this draft.

Norwood had been looked at as a "4.6" receiver, and clocked in an average 4.48. He also looked solid today. Dropped a pass or 2, but ran great routes.

Cyrus Koundijo- I said it all season and I'll say it again... he needed to develop one more year. He has been very mediocre in the combine, and was mediocre this season as well. Multiple false starts, holding calls, and just bad pass protection. It really showed up in the Oklahoma game. He also just had surgery on his knee, so he will probably drop to the 5-7 round range.

Overall, its been a good combine performance for Alabama, minus Cyrus.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR's - Martavis Bryant and Sammy had solid outings
OL - Brandon Thomas is what we knew he was ..... average
QB - Tajh is what I thought he was as well ... average compared to incoming nfl talent. A good back up.

CB - Breshaud Breeland - haven't seen him yet and don't expect much. Dude was average just on our team much less against the best in the country.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Logan Thomas is blowing people's minds.

He is a physical freak. If he gets a good coach, I think he can be another Big ben.

Physical tests were knocked out of the park. His throws definitely left something to be desired.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little rant here......

LOGAN THOMAS HAS NEVER PLAYED TIGHT END IN HIS ENTIRE LIFE!!!! HE PLAYED (WAIT FOR IT) QUARTERBACK IN HIGH SCHOOL AND WIDE RECEIVER FOR ONE GAME (HS ALL STAR GAME). HE HAS A CANNON FOR AN ARM AND HAS HAD TERRIBLE COACHING AROUND HIM!!! HE WILL NOTBE A GOD DAMMED TIGHT END FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!

:suds:

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little rant here......

LOGAN THOMAS HAS NEVER PLAYED TIGHT END IN HIS ENTIRE LIFE!!!! HE PLAYED (WAIT FOR IT) QUARTERBACK IN HIGH SCHOOL AND WIDE RECEIVER FOR ONE GAME (HS ALL STAR GAME). HE HAS A CANNON FOR AN ARM AND HAS HAD TERRIBLE COACHING AROUND HIM!!! HE WILL NOTBE A GOD DAMMED TIGHT END FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!

I understand that and all but if they can't fix his accuracy, I think he'd make a hell of a tight end.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that and all but if they can't fix his accuracy, I think he'd make a hell of a tight end.

He makes very good intermediate throws and decent long ones. The former is the hardest thing to learn and the latter is more trajectory that anything else. Any good QB coach will have the rest fixed by his second season. I would be willing to bet that he has more NFL success than any quarterback drafted ahead of him this year when it is all said and done.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Lucas, Henry Josey and L'Damian Washington have all done well but are going to be largely ignored. I do think Washington will get drafted and Josey should get drafted. I think both are better prospects than Sam.

Sam is who he is...late round 3-4 OLB prospect with some potential but I wouldn't say the combine has helped him.

Id say EJ Gaines didn't do anything to help his draft stock but his measurables aren't really any different than Darqueze Dennard's measurables. Most of the CBs came in smaller than advertised.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little rant here......

No matter what he has done in the past, he WILL NOT make it in the NFL as a QB. He has had time to prove himself in college and that hasn't happened. I'm not knocking the kid. because like you said I think he is a physical beast, but his BEST chance at a long term career in the NFL is at TE.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any good QB coach will have the rest fixed by his second season.
I remember thinking something similar about Blaine Gabbert. QBs don't sit on benches for 2 seasons getting things fixed unless they are really lucky

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He makes very good intermediate throws and decent long ones. The former is the hardest thing to learn and the latter is more trajectory that anything else. Any good QB coach will have the rest fixed by his second season. I would be willing to bet that he has more NFL success than any quarterback drafted ahead of him this year when it is all said and done.

Again I'm not trying to piss on the kid but I seriously doubt it. He's not a gifted QB. It's just not there. He is certainly athletic and can play somewhere in the NFL, but QB is not going to prove productive.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much have you actually seen him. Behind an awful OL and with a new coach every season he was 56% and 14 right side up. Also, this is Virginia Tech. It is not like he had a ton of offensive weapons to work with. He did play terrible in two of his games against Clemson, but did you see him in other games?

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much have you actually seen him. Behind an awful OL and with a new coach every season he was 56% and 14 right side up. Also, this is Virginia Tech. It is not like he had a ton of offensive weapons to work with. He did play terrible in two of his games against Clemson, but did you see him in other games?

I like the Hokies and watch when they are on the tube. Behind Clemson, I probably see more of the Hokies than anyone else in the country. I watch the Cocks too because they are ..... well ... the cocks. I've seen better QB's that don't cut it in the NFL, Charlie Whitehurst for example. I think Tajh is a better QB and I don't think he will amount to much against NFL talent.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot Kony Ealy. He is built like Michael Bennett and should theoretically be able to bring in that kind of production right away.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh...the guise from OU in the combine don't play for OU anymore. I mean...yeah it looks good on OU's resume when they go courtin' new recruits...but I don't get a chubby from former players doing P.P.& K. for cash and prizes.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh...the guise from OU in the combine don't play for OU anymore. I mean...yeah it looks good on OU's resume when they go courtin' new recruits...but I don't get a chubby from former players doing P.P.& K. for cash and prizes.

:wtf2::noidea: You cheered them on for 3-6 years and now you don't care? Whatevs

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Hokies and watch when they are on the tube. Behind Clemson, I probably see more of the Hokies than anyone else in the country. I watch the Cocks too because they are ..... well ... the cocks. I've seen better QB's that don't cut it in the NFL, Charlie Whitehurst for example. I think Tajh is a better QB and I don't think he will amount to much against NFL talent.

Most of Logan's problems are fixable. It's just whether or not a GM wants to take a chance on him. He's a high risk/high reward guy. He could flame out and never play a down, or he could get his shit together behind competent coaching and be one of the elite QBs in the league. His problems mostly arise from inconsistent mechanics though (which leads to inconsistent accuracy) and it is very possible to fix that. Whether or not it will be is the question. I'd take him in the 3rd though. Give him some time with a good QB coach and then after a year or so see how he has progressed. If he is leaps and bounds better, keep him there....if not move him to TE and you will have an instant play maker at TE. His high ceiling at 2 different positions should atleast garner a 3rd round pick though IMO.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed about Cyrus needing to stay another year, but Cam Robinson will come in and start. I hope everything works out for Cyrus.