• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How do you stop Curry/Durant pick&roll?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the best player in the world

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the best player in the world

Specials
Will Golden State win the 2017 and 2018 NBA Titles

07:00 PM 401 Yes +275
402 No -375

Sunday, Jul 31, 2016
Championship
2017 NBA C'ship - Golden State vs Field
12:00 AM 1051 Golden State -140
1052 Field (any other team) +110
Championship

Odds to Win the 2017 NBA Championship

12:00 AM 1001 Golden State Warriors -140
1002 Cleveland Cavaliers +350

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk shit to them and get in their head, this is more of a mental game at times. I'm sure one of them will throw a chew toy at an innocent fan. If it doesn't work, then you're fucked.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Specials
Will Golden State win the 2017 and 2018 NBA Titles

07:00 PM 401 Yes +275
402 No -375

Sunday, Jul 31, 2016
Championship
2017 NBA C'ship - Golden State vs Field
12:00 AM 1051 Golden State -140
1052 Field (any other team) +110
Championship

Odds to Win the 2017 NBA Championship

12:00 AM 1001 Golden State Warriors -140
1002 Cleveland Cavaliers +350

The Warriors were the favorites last year too, especially mid-season, they were -110, Cavs were +300. Almost the same.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is only one way you stop the Warriors offensively, imo, and that is to disrupt flow. You muck up the game as best as possible. The Warriors are going to try to exploit that pick and roll match up, which they should. It's pretty much unstoppable with two of the best scorers in the NBA.

If I'm an opposing team, I press up one guy on either KD or Steph before they cross half-court. Just getting into them and forcing either of them to give up the ball early is a win. It'll also take more time off the shot clock and force the Warriors to get into their offense sets later, which will press them for time. Playing physical is a given, but the most important part of that is disrupting the flow and continuity of the offense. Playing dumb physical is just going to allow the Warriors to get into the penalty, especially with how great Durant is at getting to the line. That's really what the Warriors have lacked the last few years.

Teams that have good defender guards will be the teams that give the Warriors the most trouble. If you're the celtics, you have Bradley pick up Curry full court and bump him the whole way down. While it doesn't do anything in terms of him not scoring, it forces another player to bring it up the court and will take time before Steph gets the ball back. Or vice versa, you have someone pick up Durant full court and bump him the whole way down to not let him get into the set early.

Picking up a player full court or even in the backcourt can take a toll especially in the playoffs, not sure teams will do that but I see your point.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but they were giving minutes to Ezeli and Varajao. Ezeli is the same type of player as Bogut, just much worse. None of those bigs fit against Cleveland.

Varajeo resigned, lucky for the Cavs lol

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk shit to them and get in their head, this is more of a mental game at times. I'm sure one of them will throw a chew toy at an innocent fan. If it doesn't work, then you're fucked.

Not so sure about this at all

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picking up a player full court or even in the backcourt can take a toll especially in the playoffs, not sure teams will do that but I see your point.

Doesn't have to be for 48 minutes, but you alternate having a player do that to just create some dislodge in the continuity of the offense. It's always about throwing different looks at players and changing it up. That's why I really believe the hack-a-whoever is really used incorrectly.

If you foul a player multiple times in a row, you allow him to at least try to get some flow because he's shooting the ball consistently. Plus it allows the other team to kind of refocus because they're anticipating the foul. If I had it my way, I would alternate doing the hack every other possession. That way the other team has to figure out what's going on and causes some problems in itself.

If I'm an opposing team, I do everything I can to stop flow for the Warriors. Hacking, full court press (one man only on the ball/specific player, the Warriors would kill a team press), switching, even a zone for a play or two, but not in succession.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got in Steph's head. KD is much more mentally weak than Steph

You're entitled to your opinion, but I don't see it that way. Did Steph get out played? Absolutely. But I don't think it was because of a lack of "will power" or "mental toughness". Those things aren't tangible. There was no block for him when the Cavs were up 2-1 two years ago in the finals or when the Grizzlies were up 2-1 that same year, or when the Thunder were up 3-1. This one was no different.

Steph was outplayed by Kyrie, but he still averaged 22.6, 3.7 assists and 4.9 rebounds a game. The biggest difference was his shooting percentage, but again I would chalk that up to Kyrie playing his best defensive basketball of his life.

If you're hoping that Steph is not mentally tough enough to beat the Cavs, then that would be a problem for you guys. If you're hoping Kyrie can duplicate his production and hold Steph to a subpar game, that's probably better.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're entitled to your opinion, but I don't see it that way. Did Steph get out played? Absolutely. But I don't think it was because of a lack of "will power" or "mental toughness". Those things aren't tangible. There was no block for him when the Cavs were up 2-1 two years ago in the finals or when the Grizzlies were up 2-1 that same year, or when the Thunder were up 3-1. This one was no different.

Steph was outplayed by Kyrie, but he still averaged 22.6, 3.7 assists and 4.9 rebounds a game. The biggest difference was his shooting percentage, but again I would chalk that up to Kyrie playing his best defensive basketball of his life.

If you're hoping that Steph is not mentally tough enough to beat the Cavs, then that would be a problem for you guys. If you're hoping Kyrie can duplicate his production and hold Steph to a subpar game, that's probably better.

Yep agreed. Steph still no trouble scoring on kyrie IMO. They did a good job of not letting steph go 1 on 1. That was the difference. Its funny we are talking about steph being not "tough" when hes been huge all year. Barnes is the one that is the mental midget not steph. How do you go 5 for 33 or whatever it was? On open shots..

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep agreed. Steph still no trouble scoring on kyrie IMO. They did a good job of not letting steph go 1 on 1. That was the difference. Its funny we are talking about steph being not "tough" when hes been huge all year. Barnes is the one that is the mental midget not steph. How do you go 5 for 33 or whatever it was? On open shots..

No Steph did have trouble. That's evident. Doubling Steph would produce less opportunities, but it wasn't the opportunities that was down, it was his percentage. Kyrie did an exceptional job of individually guarding Steph.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Steph did have trouble. That's evident. Doubling Steph would produce less opportunities, but it wasn't the opportunities that was down, it was his percentage. Kyrie did an exceptional job of individually guarding Steph.

When youre giving up 1.3 points per possesion its not guarding him well. Remember this is a MCL sprained steph

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is only one way you stop the Warriors offensively, imo, and that is to disrupt flow. You muck up the game as best as possible. The Warriors are going to try to exploit that pick and roll match up, which they should. It's pretty much unstoppable with two of the best scorers in the NBA.

If I'm an opposing team, I press up one guy on either KD or Steph before they cross half-court. Just getting into them and forcing either of them to give up the ball early is a win. It'll also take more time off the shot clock and force the Warriors to get into their offense sets later, which will press them for time. Playing physical is a given, but the most important part of that is disrupting the flow and continuity of the offense. Playing dumb physical is just going to allow the Warriors to get into the penalty, especially with how great Durant is at getting to the line. That's really what the Warriors have lacked the last few years.

Teams that have good defender guards will be the teams that give the Warriors the most trouble. If you're the celtics, you have Bradley pick up Curry full court and bump him the whole way down. While it doesn't do anything in terms of him not scoring, it forces another player to bring it up the court and will take time before Steph gets the ball back. Or vice versa, you have someone pick up Durant full court and bump him the whole way down to not let him get into the set early.
I like this one. But how could I do that on 2k?