• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How do you stop Curry/Durant pick&roll?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, easiest way to shut down skinny jump shooters is play physical...

Not going to be easy, but the best way to slow down a good shooter/player is get physical. Push them off their spot. I've always been a big believer in hammering players in the paint as well. If they are skinny - this takes a toll. Smart players know when they are getting man-handled to get to the hole or draw a foul. Jordan did this well. Iverson did too.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weakness?

2 all league type defenders in the starting 5 and a 3rd on the bench. Durant and Livingston are long and pretty good defensively. So is West.

Curry is average and Pachulia is maybe slightly below average.

If the Warriors switch pick and roll like they did against the Cavs, there might be matchups to exploit, but they are not "weak" anywhere defensively. They were #2 in defensive efficiency last year, and I bet they are top 5 again this year.

2 out of 5 doesn't eliminate your options. Involve 2 of the other 3 in pick and rolls. As mentioned before, you also have to be physical with them and slow the game down. Don't play to your opponent's strengths.

That #2 was with Bogut and Barnes (more athletic than Durant). Changing those two to Pachulia and Durant is a step down defensively.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting all up in their grill.

Bump
Slight shove

Being physical is how u do it and make them shoot off balance jumpers

Sounds like foul, foul, foul, penalty free throws to me

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like foul, foul, foul, penalty free throws to me

Guarantee what i said is what San Antonio tries to do. So you better make sure you have guys on the bench that can play D because yes some games you will have guys in foul trouble. Especially in today's game where you can barely touch a guy and the flopping :L

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guarantee what i said is what San Antonio tries to do. So you better make sure you have guys on the bench that can play D because yes some games you will have guys in foul trouble. Especially in today's game where you can barely touch a guy and the flopping :L

We have guys that can play Defense..

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How to stop the Steph & KD pick 'n roll? Well that's easy...kick 'em in the basket-balls Draymond Green style!:D

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is only one way you stop the Warriors offensively, imo, and that is to disrupt flow. You muck up the game as best as possible. The Warriors are going to try to exploit that pick and roll match up, which they should. It's pretty much unstoppable with two of the best scorers in the NBA.

If I'm an opposing team, I press up one guy on either KD or Steph before they cross half-court. Just getting into them and forcing either of them to give up the ball early is a win. It'll also take more time off the shot clock and force the Warriors to get into their offense sets later, which will press them for time. Playing physical is a given, but the most important part of that is disrupting the flow and continuity of the offense. Playing dumb physical is just going to allow the Warriors to get into the penalty, especially with how great Durant is at getting to the line. That's really what the Warriors have lacked the last few years.

Teams that have good defender guards will be the teams that give the Warriors the most trouble. If you're the celtics, you have Bradley pick up Curry full court and bump him the whole way down. While it doesn't do anything in terms of him not scoring, it forces another player to bring it up the court and will take time before Steph gets the ball back. Or vice versa, you have someone pick up Durant full court and bump him the whole way down to not let him get into the set early.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 out of 5 doesn't eliminate your options. Involve 2 of the other 3 in pick and rolls. As mentioned before, you also have to be physical with them and slow the game down. Don't play to your opponent's strengths.

That #2 was with Bogut and Barnes (more athletic than Durant). Changing those two to Pachulia and Durant is a step down defensively.

Against some teams, losing Bogut will hurt defensively. Against teams like Cleveland though, who is probably their toughest challenger, Bogut was a bad matchup. Having quicker, more agile bigs like Pachulia and West will actually make the Warriors defense better against teams that rely on guard penetration out of pick and roll.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure about that. Without Bogut, they lost 2 elimination games, one at home.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you stop them by calling Durant a coward and then saying that the Warriors lost all there depth to get him.
....and hope he stays in bed and hides under the covers because he's sad...AGAIN...LOL

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting all up in their grill.

Bump
Slight shove

Being physical is how u do it and make them shoot off balance jumpers

SO, go all Bruce Bowen/Patrick Beverly on that ass?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO, go all Bruce Bowen/Patrick Beverly on that ass?

Yeah put them on their back. Go for the ball, because the refs give out flagrants like candy, but yeah... what else can you do?

I don't understand how anyone in the NBA can give someone an easy 2. Make them earn everything.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When they start the P&R, have an arena employee open the nearest door. The draft being let in should throw KD off his mark.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have guys that can play Defense..

You can't play offense and defense at the same time. I was talking about defending Steph and KD. The entire thread is about this..

:doobs:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure about that. Without Bogut, they lost 2 elimination games, one at home.

Sure, but they were giving minutes to Ezeli and Varajao. Ezeli is the same type of player as Bogut, just much worse. None of those bigs fit against Cleveland.