• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How.bad must it be to be Rex Ryan?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bills have to release a press release to let everyone know that he will be retained after one year....hey at least he is better off than rob

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bills have to release a press release to let everyone know that he will be retained after one year....hey at least he is better off than rob

It's a shame, the guy is one of the best DC's in the game but is wasting it on trying to be something he's just not good at......Come on home Rex, we'll leave the light on for you...

happy_new_year_2016_6814995.jpg

Last edited:

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh not too bad

4 years 27.5 mil, still has a job, and 2 AFCC appearances on his resume.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh not too bad

4 years 27.5 mil, still has a job, and 2 AFCC appearances on his resume.

Yeah look at it that way it's not that bad. Though he should have stuck with DC

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It really must hurt to see his previous team which was in toilet last year (with him as coach) do so well this year.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most season Ticket Sales in Bills history, including the glory years

Wonder how much "Business" played into this

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is my take exactly. The new owners are NFL rookies and believed hiring the biggest mouth in the game was the best opportunity to get fans fired up and sell tickets. I can see where they're coming from but it's a very shortsighted approach. 1st off Rex is a horrible coach and ultimately he makes owners look like fools for hiring him. Took him less than a season to accomplish this in Buffalo. Now the owners are stuck with this idiot becuz they outbid themselves in signing him in the 1st place. It's a classic "don't believe your lying eyes" situation that everyone else can clearly see. Ryan is a fuckin clown who has no business being a HC anywhere. As for as his DC credentials , they're equallty overblown. If he's such a great defensive coach then someone explain his defense in Buffalo right now. This time next yr he'll be out of a job and he'll have a difficult time getting another one. Being a big mouth is one thing , backing it up is another.

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as bad as being Chip Kelly.

Even if he ends up sitting out a season, Chip will still be in-demand as a HC in college. When the time comes and Rex gets the boot, the coaching landscape would have to be pretty barren for him to land another HC gig, unless he's willing to settle for the American Indoor Football League.

Last edited:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my take exactly. The new owners are NFL rookies and believed hiring the biggest mouth in the game was the best opportunity to get fans fired up and sell tickets. I can see where they're coming from but it's a very shortsighted approach. 1st off Rex is a horrible coach and ultimately he makes owners look like fools for hiring him. Took him less than a season to accomplish this in Buffalo. Now the owners are stuck with this idiot becuz they outbid themselves in signing him in the 1st place. It's a classic "don't believe your lying eyes" situation that everyone else can clearly see. Ryan is a fuckin clown who has no business being a HC anywhere. As for as his DC credentials , they're equallty overblown. If he's such a great defensive coach then someone explain his defense in Buffalo right now. This time next yr he'll be out of a job and he'll have a difficult time getting another one. Being a big mouth is one thing , backing it up is another.

Agree on some, dis-agree on some others

Its' Rex's mouth that continues to get him in trouble....If he had a personality that was like a Todd Bowles for instance, I dont think his coaching resume would look all that bad, considering the hands he is dealt with these teams year after year.......Once all the dust settles, this Bills team will finish up right where most Bills teams the past decade or so finish, right around .500....But because Rex has to increase expectations with his mouth, he looks like a complete failure.....Same problem with the Jets....Bold predictions with awful rosters, made the results look much worse..

I do agree with you this will be his last HC job because of that mouth, but I think teams will be lining up for a crack to have them be a DC

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on some, dis-agree on some others

Its' Rex's mouth that continues to get him in trouble....If he had a personality that was like a Todd Bowles for instance, I dont think his coaching resume would look all that bad, considering the hands he is dealt with these teams year after year.......Once all the dust settles, this Bills team will finish up right where most Bills teams the past decade or so finish, right around .500....But because Rex has to increase expectations with his mouth, he looks like a complete failure.....Same problem with the Jets....Bold predictions with awful rosters, made the results look much worse..

I do agree with you this will be his last HC job because of that mouth, but I think teams will be lining up for a crack to have them be a DC
yeah but look at THIS Bills team. Everyone out there has said this team is loaded and IS a playoff team etc. Now I don't claim to be some kind of NFL expert becuz i'm certainly not. But a lot of people were claiming this was the best Buffalo team in a long time. It turned out to be another Rex Ryan team that didn't perform and now has a roster full of guys who don't believe Ryan can coach. This is the same situation he left in NY.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah but look at THIS Bills team. Everyone out there has said this team is loaded and IS a playoff team etc. Now I don't claim to be some kind of NFL expert becuz i'm certainly not. But a lot of people were claiming this was the best Buffalo team in a long time. It turned out to be another Rex Ryan team that didn't perform and now has a roster full of guys who don't believe Ryan can coach. This is the same situation he left in NY.

True, but much like with the Jets, you typically go as far as your QB in todays NFL...And Tyrod Taylor wasnt awful, but he also wasnt good enough on most Sundays....

But that again is on Rex, he has been famous for ignoring the QB position and the offense as a whole, his entire coaching career

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that again is on Rex, he has been famous for ignoring the QB position and the offense as a whole, his entire coaching career

I think this is Rex's biggest problem: he believes he can win with any old group of NFL players. He thought he could win a Superbowl with Mark Sanchez at QB, and Lord bless him, he almost did it.

Those Jets teams he took to the playoffs were pretty mediocre, which only reinforced his belief that he can do more with less.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Quite a bit you can be sure. Rex draws a crowd. He's one of those love him, hate him types. The fans of his team and their players love him for a while. The media loves him. Then they all jump on board with the rest of us after his bravado nets them nothing. I'm glad to see him back next year. That way there are only two teams to worry about in the AFCE.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still think he's a very good to excellent defensive coordinator. I don't think he's ever been a good head coach.

If there are failures with his D this years, it may be because he's failed as the HC.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there are failures with his D this years, it may be because he's failed as the HC.

Right, he simply can't focus on the defense the way a coordinator would, his attention is going to be too split up. This is why I think he would be better off going back to DC somewhere. Head coaching is a different skill set.