• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

how bad is my team?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you have 3 SS, the move would be to deal either Segura or Andrus for the best SP you can find.

Why trade away your OF when you have 3 SS? 2 of those guys will be valuable trade chips as top 5 options at a weak position, but they don't really help you maximize your roster when you play them at UTIL.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible idea.

Choo is a 3rd/4th round pick in category leagues, Gordon is 6th/7th and has equal value to pitchers like Zimmermann. You would be giving away Choo for free in a trade like that.

It is fine to trade Gordon, but he has far more value than Jennings. It is about more than just HRs + SBs. Gordon will hit for a better average and get more RBI, and he may score more runs also, especially if Jennings does not bat lead-off.

I personally like Jennings much more than choo and gordon... I agree that zimmermann would not be enough, i just thought that that duo will get him the best pitchers, and i would rather start segura or andrus at U than choo or gordon...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally like Jennings much more than choo and gordon... I agree that zimmermann would not be enough, i just thought that that duo will get him the best pitchers, and i would rather start segura or andrus at U than choo or gordon...

That is fine if that is your personal preference, but the market values those players much higher than you do. It is bad advice to tell someone to sell a player for cheap just because you don't like them. Choo is a literally better than Jennings in every category but steals (which happens to be the 1 offensive category where he is strongest), and leading off for Texas (by the way Ron Washington loves to run) might change even that. It is fine to say that you like a player, but if you are going to take a position that flies in the face of conventional wisdom, then you need something to back it up.

Much of Segura and Andrus' value lies in their position scarcity. Playing them at UTIL wastes that. If you were to trade a guy like Segura for an OF or 1B, you could return a player who puts up much better overall numbers than the SS you traded. It isn't like this team is lacking in speed either.

Castro should be benched in favor of Rizzo to get more power into the line-up, possibly Phillips benched for Prado and Jennings can fill the spot voided by whatever SS gets traded.

I do agree that he should drop a bench hitter for an SP after completing a trade though, that part was very good advice.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my 2 cents. . I'm not a Choo fan whatsoever, I think he's quite overrated. . And I'd still rather play him over Jennings.. Probably Gordon too..I may not like him, but he produces. . And like Tlance mentioned, Playing in Texas, Runnin' Ron at the helm, and Prince and Beltre behind him. . He probably will put up better numbers than last year.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is fine if that is your personal preference, but the market values those players much higher than you do. It is bad advice to tell someone to sell a player for cheap just because you don't like them. Choo is a literally better than Jennings in every category but steals (which happens to be the 1 offensive category where he is strongest), and leading off for Texas (by the way Ron Washington loves to run) might change even that. It is fine to say that you like a player, but if you are going to take a position that flies in the face of conventional wisdom, then you need something to back it up.

Much of Segura and Andrus' value lies in their position scarcity. Playing them at UTIL wastes that. If you were to trade a guy like Segura for an OF or 1B, you could return a player who puts up much better overall numbers than the SS you traded. It isn't like this team is lacking in speed either.

Castro should be benched in favor of Rizzo to get more power into the line-up, possibly Phillips benched for Prado and Jennings can fill the spot voided by whatever SS gets traded.

I do agree that he should drop a bench hitter for an SP after completing a trade though, that part was very good advice.

I was not intending to tell him to sell cheap at all... Just threw in a name, and said to get at least him- maybe i should of said chris sale(but i dont think he could get him)... I doubt that anyone with a top 5 pitcher would trade for them for those OF... its also a 10 team league with only 3 starting OF, pitchers are much more valuable than OF...

Sometimes quick advice is only a guide, not accurate... should have made it more clear though that it was just a path to take, not the actual value to get in the trade...

Also, this is a BA league, so choo's value is not as high as if it was OBP- where he is elite-ish... His BA is similar to Jennings... Jennings also is much younger, and has the potential to be better...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not intending to tell him to sell cheap at all... Just threw in a name, and said to get at least him- maybe i should of said chris sale(but i dont think he could get him)... I doubt that anyone with a top 5 pitcher would trade for them for those OF... its also a 10 team league with only 3 starting OF, pitchers are much more valuable than OF...

Sometimes quick advice is only a guide, not accurate... should have made it more clear though that it was just a path to take, not the actual value to get in the trade...

Also, this is a BA league, so choo's value is not as high as if it was OBP- where he is elite-ish... His BA is similar to Jennings... Jennings also is much younger, and has the potential to be better...

Milk,

I know you mean well here, but you are off on this one. Choo is a career .288 hitter and he has only hit below .283 once since becoming a full time player- his injury shortened 2011 campaign with the Tribe.

Jennings on the other hand, is a career .250 hitter who strikes out 20% of the time, so he is not likely to improve that number until he reduces the Ks. There is a huge difference between .290 and .250. Interestingly enough, in Choo's outlier year (2011) he hit .259. That is equal to Jennings' career best, also established in 2011. So Choo's worst ever season is equal to Jennings' best in the BA category.

Jennings has the potential to hit 20 HRs and steal 40 bases, but he could also continue to fall well short of that. Jennings was dropped to 6th in the batting order vs. right handed pitchers last season because of his struggles at the plate. If that usage continues in 2014, his run production will suffer.

Whether you like Choo or not, he is a model of consistency. Based on ADP, Choo should return a pitcher like Chris Sale or even Madison Bumgarner in a straight up trade in most category based formats.

Last edited by a moderator:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That tells u all u need to know about the league That is a fair trade :suds:

Yeah seems like a fair trade but then again people want to keep players they think will do well. Napoli could go the other way this year batting wise

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you have 3 SS, the move would be to deal either Segura or Andrus for the best SP you can find.

Why trade away your OF when you have 3 SS? 2 of those guys will be valuable trade chips as top 5 options at a weak position, but they don't really help you maximize your roster when you play them at UTIL.

Threw the offer out there and said I'm up for trades. No takers yet