• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Orphan 2, it was ok. Knowing the twist from the first movie took a lot of the wind out of this one's sails. The premise is pretty weak although I give them credit for taking a swing. Worth a watch but nowhere near the original.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Smith died at the end of the first film! Now they are retconning that, and using the alternate ending??? That is pretty ridiculous.

What was the alternate ending anyways?

I guess Will couldn't find much work after his slapfest.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Orphan 2, it was ok. Knowing the twist from the first movie took a lot of the wind out of this one's sails. The premise is pretty weak although I give them credit for taking a swing. Worth a watch but nowhere near the original.

I really enjoyed the first film despite already knowing the real life story and twist. It is a solid horror/thriller So I do want to see the second regardless.

I am very interested to see how well they pull off using a 25 year old lady in a child role. I've heard that they do a solid job with it.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unrelated: I kinda let this thread idle because I have a major posting issue with my Samsung phone on this site after the last system update. It now just blends my text in with the quoted post and puts many, many spaces when I start a new paragraph. I therefore have to compose the entire response in my "Notes" program, and quickly copy/paste it or it goes off the rails.

Anyone have similar issues, and/or now how to fix it?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Smith died at the end of the first film! Now they are retconning that, and using the alternate ending??? That is pretty ridiculous.

LOL I'm so glad that I wasn't the only 1 unaware of the alternate ending... Wonder if it was on some sort of limited release version? Never heard of it before so I had to youtube it.

Goofy as hell IMO. They should have just stuck with the woman & her son. Honestly would have been better received for numerous reasons. A) Will Smith headlining any movie after his career suicide is a bad idea. B) The movie's real ending was the better choice. C) Woman protagonist aligns to this day & age of woke society.

Last edited:

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that kinda sucked!

My guess would be that filmed multiple endings and then ran them past a bunch of test audiences. Pretty standard practice with the big money movies and studios. What we are seeing is now most likely a dvd extra.

They killed him in the first movie, so retconning that and giving us a new film is just stupid.

Still, it'll probably be ok. The original Will Smith flick was decent but flawed. However it was still better than the other 2 movies made from the book (I recall reviewing them all together in a post a couple of years ago) with 64's The Last Man on Earth being true to the great book but kinda boring considering the great Vincent Price was in it, and Omega Man, which was fun but cheesy as hell with drunk, shirtless Charlton Heston running around killing pasty ghouls.

I don't have high expectations but maybe they can pull it off?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Rose Red on Netflix. It's another killer app horror. Lots of teen drama and I'm forced to watch with subtitles because people in northern England hate enunciating. Slow burn, we'll see how it pays off but so far it would be tough to recommend.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was never really a fan of "I Am Legend."

Will's acting was the definition of plastic... I mean he was hitting on mannequins so maybe that was the point... but BLEH. Will Smith is a decent actor, but he can't do serious roles convincingly. He's just not that guy, but somehow Hollyweird keeps signing him up to do it. Pursuit of Happyness (still annoys me it was misspelled) was as close as he'll ever get. Seven Pounds, Legend, the stupid Tennis movie, After EARF, Emancipation... all crap movies. You carried Wild Wild West, Fresh Prince, and Men in Black. Please stop there...

It was such a boring movie, and the CGI was HORRIBLE for the zombies/infected things.

The dog deserved an Oscar, and Smith was carried by said dog... one of the most overrated zombie movies of all time. 3/10.

Know I went off on a little bit of rant there... but God Dammit it's Sunday and I feel like ranting!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apologies if someone else called this out in advance,

but Clown (2014) is a pretty rare gem. lol, it's got some decent body horror, a pretty interesting plot... It was entertaining and didn't overextend the 'shock value horror...'

Thought I should share you guys should check this one out. I enjoyed myself lol.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ripped through a bunch this weekend.

Finished Red Rose, very meh. If you're desperate for material knock yourself out but very forgettable series (was basically a really stretched out Black Mirror episode).

Halloween Ends, far better than the last one I thought. I give them credit for attempting something different, didn't hate it.

Smile, this seemed like someone asked AI to write a bland horror movie with as many tropes as possible.

Beast with Idris Elba on Amazon, I guess this is sort of horror? The crazy lion hunting them down is the monster and they have to survive. It was exactly what I was expecting and hit the spot. Turn your brain off and watch people try to out last a monster.

Not horror but horror adjacent I suppose, We Have a Ghost on Netflix was a fun movie.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno why I've never given it a fair shake until now, but The Fly 2 was actually pretty good. Of course it's not gonna live up to the masterpiece of the original with Goldblum or Hedison, but I thought it did a pretty damn good job for a sequel.

Pretty darn good effects (practical of course) and not too terrible of a story. Check it out if you're looking for a good creature feature. It's on HBO Max at the moment.