• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw Terrifier 2. If you like the first one you won't be disappointed with the sequel. Picking up exactly where the opening installment ends it continues the over the top gore kills while expanding Andi's psychosis and broadening the franchises mythos. And if you remember the upside down hacksaw kill well part 2 may top it?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The greatest

Disagree with the legend here quite a bit... jump scares Hollyweirded up today are annoying as F. I'm so tired of the loud bangs and ENOUGH with the stupid paranormal movies.

I don't care if it's a horror film or a comedy, if you have someone walking around in a quiet environment and then there's a loud BOOM/BANG, of course you're going to jump. It's a cheap copout that especially dumbass paranormal movies are using FAR too much.

The Thing didn't really have dumb jump scares, Alien had like one, Jaws didn't, American Werewolf in London didn't (could maybe argue the first attack, but it made sense, it wasn't just a loud BOOM - we anticipated something). Jump scares used to be done PROPERLY, now it's just cheap bullshit pop out of nowhere with a loud BOOM noise that rumbles the fuckin' floor to elicit a scream - hell most of the time it's not even the actual threat, it's some stupid distraction or a fuckin' grandfather clock or some shit.

UGH. It's even worse with paranormal... and that's the problem, most of the GREAT films I mentioned were creature features. There's something tangible as a threat you can believe in. Even Silence of the Lambs - NO jump scares, and that movie was scary as hell.

Eh whatever, maybe I'm just trying to say ghost/paranormal movies need to fuckin' stop because their scares and general plot are cheap as fuck.

Last edited:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree with the legend here quite a bit... jump scares Hollyweirded up today are annoying as F. I'm so tired of the loud bangs and ENOUGH with the stupid paranormal movies.

I don't care if it's a horror film or a comedy, if you have someone walking around in a quiet environment and then there's a loud BOOM/BANG, of course you're going to jump. It's a cheap copout that especially dumbass paranormal movies are using FAR too much.

The Thing didn't really have dumb jump scares, Alien had like one, Jaws didn't, American Werewolf in London didn't (could maybe argue the first attack, but it made sense, it wasn't just a loud BOOM - we anticipated something). Jump scares used to be done PROPERLY, now it's just cheap bullshit pop out of nowhere with a loud BOOM noise that rumbles the fuckin' floor to elicit a scream - hell most of the time it's not even the actual threat, it's some stupid distraction or a fuckin' grandfather clock or some shit.

UGH. It's even worse with paranormal... and that's the problem, most of the GREAT films I mentioned were creature features. There's something tangible as a threat you can believe in. Even Silence of the Lambs - NO jump scares, and that movie was scary as hell.

Eh whatever, maybe I'm just trying to say ghost/paranormal movies need to fuckin' stop because their scares and general plot are cheap as fuck.

No doubt suspense and atmosphere building are what makes the greats the greats as opposed to one and domes.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Offering on Hulu.

Kind of a psychological, possession horror film with a Hasidic Jewish backdrop.
Not really any gore.
Some good scare tactics and mind games hijinks.

Two things I really like with possession/religious horror movies:
1. a professor type character who did a lot of research into the reason this is a horror movie that gets uncovered by the main character
2. an expert with religious/possession/demonic knowledge that takes care of the exposition

That being said, it felt like they left a lot of meat on the bone with this one.
The setup was really good, felt like the movie had a lot going for it, but the ending felt rushed and a bit lazy.

6/10

Bonus : the actor that plays Hamish looked really familiar..... and lo and behold it's frickin' Thoros of Myr from Game of Thrones!
Very well acted, except the son was a bit weak, but maybe that was by design.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FvIk2UdXgAAEWQf

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone here watched the Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey movie?

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Tin & Tina on Netflix this weekend.

Spanish movie about a couple adopting two creepy over religious twins. It was a god awful movie, really terrible and stupid.

We wanted to get something supernatural, instead we got a couple of fanatical catholic kids adopted by the stupidest couple in history.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone here watched the Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey movie?
I have to be a certain level of drunk before I can laugh my way into thinking it would be worthwhile to press play.