• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard yesterday about the Poltergeist remake.. I'll definitely be looking forward to both of those remakes! I hope they don't slaughter either cult classic.
"It" is supposed to be a two parter but I'm really concerned about who they choose to play Pennywise. Tim Curry's portrayal of him in that movie is one of my favorite acting performances ever. He was incredible. It will be hard for anyone to approach him, IMO.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing Left to Fear (2013)

The acting was decent and the budget was right. It has creative nightmares which foreshadow the story, without giving it away too much. Keeps you guessing. A couple of cheesy CGI moments, but overall the special effects were well done. The plot failed to explain why the town was accursed to begin of which annoyed me. You are basically left to come up with it on your own. For a similar movie that was made a little better, I recommend The Shrine.

Still recommend it! 7/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It" is supposed to be a two parter but I'm really concerned about who they choose to play Pennywise. Tim Curry's portrayal of him in that movie is one of my favorite acting performances ever. He was incredible. It will be hard for anyone to approach him, IMO.
I agree. The director will have to be a cult fanatic in order to get any actor to pull off the part. More often than not with these kinds of remakes, they aren't done very well. But we true fans will give it the benefit of the doubt.

We shall see :noidea:

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know if it’s been mentioned yet, but It Follows was released yesterday, and from what I’ve read, it’s supposed to be really good. It’s not playing at any of my local theaters, so I’ll probably have to wait for it to show up as a streaming option on Netflix or Amazon.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget Me Not (2009)

I try to provide good Netflix recommendations since a lot of hooplans have it. This one used to be on there, so hopefully it still is.

I'll start off by saying that I did like this movie, but that's more because of the concept rather than the final product. This is a pretty good example of taking something that hasn't really been done (at least not often) and beating it over the head with a plot line that's been done to death. The result is something with a lot of promise that pretty much comes out looking like a typical teenkill movie. The plot was well though out; a group of friends are hunted down and killed one by one by a creepy looking ghost chick. It has a cool twist, and the visuals of the "ghost(s)" were pretty well done. Creeped me the fuck out a couple times.

All in all, it's fun if you can look past the very played out execution.

7/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know if it’s been mentioned yet, but It Follows was released yesterday, and from what I’ve read, it’s supposed to be really good. It’s not playing at any of my local theaters, so I’ll probably have to wait for it to show up as a streaming option on Netflix or Amazon.

I wrote a "coming soon" preview on the 1st page of this thread for it. Haven't seen it yet, but looking forward to it. Will probably give it a go tonight. I've been hearing good things as well!

You should be able to find it online to stream for free.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget Me Not (2009)

I try to provide good Netflix recommendations since a lot of hooplans have it. This one used to be on there, so hopefully it still is.

I'll start off by saying that I did like this movie, but that's more because of the concept rather than the final product. This is a pretty good example of taking something that hasn't really been done (at least not often) and beating it over the head with a plot line that's been done to death. The result is something with a lot of promise that pretty much comes out looking like a typical teenkill movie. The plot was well though out; a group of friends are hunted down and killed one by one by a creepy looking ghost chick. It has a cool twist, and the visuals of the "ghost(s)" were pretty well done. Creeped me the fuck out a couple times.

All in all, it's fun if you can look past the very played out execution.

7/10
It's still on Netflix and I will be watching it tonight! Thanks for the referral.

Have you seen this one on Netflix? Not too bad plus I love Amber Heard.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wrote a "coming soon" preview on the 1st page of this thread for it. Haven't seen it yet, but looking forward to it. Will probably give it a go tonight. I've been hearing good things as well!

You should be able to find it online to stream for free.
What's a good site to stream movies for free?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beneath (2013)

For those of you that like the Decent, this is a great movie for you. On Netflix! Very solid acting, a bunch of well paced action, a VERY claustrophobic setting, a compelling twist of the unexplained, all blended together to make a real movie out of something that could have just ended up a clone of many others. Some see it as a typical survival piece. And it could be faulted since the mystery madness is never thoroughly explained, and this contributes to a rather notable question mark at the end. Not enough to bother me though... The mystery is well enough placed that it compels us to feel confusion in a manner similar to the characters themselves. I really enjoyed this movie.

Definitely recommend it! 8/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's a good site to stream movies for free?
Alluc.to

Primewire.ag

Those are the 2 I use the most. Both give you lots of link options. I always try Alluc first because it gives you more HD options (most >720p)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still on Netflix and I will be watching it tonight! Thanks for the referral.

Have you seen this one on Netflix? Not too bad plus I love Amber Heard.

Yea I watched that one a while back. Wasn't terrible, but didn't care much for it in the end. Not sure what ruined it for me, could have been the ending or just the premise of the entire story. Also remember some of the characters were annoying with some poor acting. The look of the cinematography is what lured me. I expected a decent horror movie, the slasher sort of type, which in a nutshell is what you get, so I can't complain!

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I watched that one a while back. Wasn't terrible, but didn't care much for it in the end. Not sure what ruined it for me, could have been the ending or just the premise of the entire story. Also remember some of the characters were annoying with some poor acting. The look of the cinematography is what lured me. I expected a decent horror movie, the slasher sort of type, which in a nutshell is what you get, so I can't complain!
I have to admit it wasn't that great but I love Amber Heard! A coworker said it was different so I watched it but I agree with your review of it. Some pretty awful acting in that one.

If you haven't seen Waterworld with Kevin Costner you haven't seen scary.

tumblr_lbklumnyiS1qady4jo1_250.gif

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leprechaun: Origins (2014)

WWE productions, so my expectations were low... And it didn't disappoint lol. I'll put it this way, if you aren't drinking while watching this movie then don't bother. It's about a group of teenagers that vacation somewhere in the goonies of Ireland. They end up encountering a leprechaun creature, and you can guess the rest. I did appreciate the attempt to make the creature more realistic instead of the fabled midget wearing green clothing.

3/10

So the new depiction is more like how leprechauns are in real life? :wink:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maniac (2012)

Another movie I found on Netflix a while back. I've seen the original from the 80's so I was hesitant to watch the remake. Because most remakes suck. However... Don't be fooled by the 2-star review average! This movie was pretty epic! It is a very gory and bloody film and unless you don't mind watching these types of films you won't like it. The violence is not excessive in its amount but rather extremely brutal in its detail. Had a hard time watching without cringing and I have a strong threshold for movie gore. Never really cared for Elijah Wood but he is excellent and plays the distrubing maniac perfectly. Along with the bloody horror there are a number of really tense scenes. It was one of the most unsettling films that I had seen in a while. Maniac is well filmed and uses some very interesting filming techniques. It shoots everything from 1st person, but not the typical "shoulder camera" view or anything shot using a device. Instead it is straight through the eyes of the maniac. Adds one hell of a creepy element!

Recommended! Never been one to give remakes a high score, but this will do: 7/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COMING SOON!

Spring (2015)

Release date: March 20th, 2015

Synopsis:
A young man in a personal tailspin flees the US to Italy, where he sparks up a romance with a woman harboring a dark, primordial secret.

Sorry for the late preview on this one. Overlooked it! But this looks like it has the makings of a great movie. At first the trailer made me think it was going to end up on Netflix within the following months of its release, but then it surprised me! I love horror movies like this where the actors are unknown but the plot is what makes the movie great. I am hopin for the best with this one!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COMING SOON!

Insidious: Chapter 3 (2015)

Release date: May 29th, 2015

Synopsis:
A prequel set before the haunting of the Lambert family that reveals how gifted psychic Elise Rainier reluctantly agrees to use her ability to contact the dead in order to help a teenage girl who has been targeted by a dangerous supernatural entity.

The 2 that came before it speak for themselves. I'm definitely looking forward to this!

Last edited:

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I remember right, you proclaimed yourself to be the grammar police when we switched over. If I am mistaken (all you mods look alike after awhile), please forgive this next line.

Portrayal.

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sinister. I considered that movie creepy as hell.