• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if this movie still counts as a horror movie or more of a Sci-Fi/Thriller but John Carpenter's The Thing is excellent.

Also, if you like mindless horror movies with a lot of gore, the first two Hatchet movies are good. Haven't seen the 3rd one though.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Hoarders" on HGTV is really scary.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Face, I'm also a big horror fan. The Descent is one I thought was gonna suck, but when I finally watched it, was pleasantly surprised.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Face, I'm also a big horror fan. The Descent is one I thought was gonna suck, but when I finally watched it, was pleasantly surprised.

Loved that movie!! Have you guys seen Descent 2??? Trust me, it wasn't just another horrid attempt at a sequel that you often see with horror films. It was actually just as good as the first one.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wicked Little Things

Another good Afterdark Horrorfest Film. IMO, I thought it was a pretty good movie. At some parts it seemed really unbelievable, and at others it seemed as if there was just not enough thought put into the actions of the characters, as it became cliché, probably due to the low budget for the film but overall it was entertaining.

Definitely worth a look, because you will not be disappointed with the outcome. Great camera work. Great set work. Great acting. But I'll warn you, don't look for originality here, because it doesn't have any.

7.5/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Housebound

Pure genius! I went into this movie knowing absolutely nothing about it and thinking it was a simple horror/ghost film on Netflix. But it turned out to be a witty horror comedy. Horror-comedies are difficult to pull off, and it's rare that a film strikes a genuine balance without ending up as a full-on horror with a darkly comic edge, or an out-and-out comedy with horror themes, but Housebound gets very close to doing so. Often times I found it hard to decipher whether the movie was trying to be funny or just badly done horror lol. Once you figure out that it is a comedy then you will enjoy it more. Very entertaining and worth the watch!

8/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Deaths of Ian Stone (2007)

Sci-Fi Thriller. This film interested me as it was a new concept, a man dying and keep coming back each day in a new life. Overall it was an interesting but non scary story. It was well shot and overall well done. A bit corny at times, but for a fairly unknown film in the UK, it had a gripping plot however not very consistent throughout sadly. Reminds me a lot of the "Odd Thomas" movie. Great premise/plot, but doesn't come across as scary like you want it to. Entertaining though, so take it with a grain of salt.

6.5/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lazarus Effect

Saw this in theaters last night. Its about a group of scientists that are developing a way to prevent brain cell damage during forms of unconsciousness (heart attacks, strokes, etc). But they end up discovering that they can revive the dead, however the dead brings something evil back with them. Good premise but not a very good movie. Had a few good scary moments, but it relied more on the sudden outbursts of loud noises to scare you. It had the material to be good, but it came up short for me. Wouldn't recommend it.

5/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COMING SOON!

Release Date: April 17th

Synopsis: A group of online chat room friends find themselves haunted by a mysterious, supernatural force using the account of their dead friend.

Looks kinda hokie. I'm sure it will be very predictable. But it's an interesting idea. I'll give it a go online when it comes out.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Unfriended movie reminded me of another film that I watched a while back:

The Den

The main character is very naive but the movie itself is great. A lot of twists and turns that keep you on edge. Has a good scare factor and twist at the end. Recommended!

8/10

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched "Digging Up the Marrow" yesterday. Interesting move. Kind of slow but a lot of insider horror stuff. Ray Wise is excellent, but putting him as the main character in a supposed documentary setting is a bit strange since you immediately identify his character as an actor and not a citizen.

Two other movies from the past that also follow this horror documentary theme that are interesting are "The Last Horror Movie" from 2003, and "Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon" from 2006. I wouldn't consider either to be great but interesting and probably worth a watch.

One of my favorites that is highly under rated is "Event Horizon". Great sci-fi horror.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if you like Event Horizon, check out Sunshine. It's more psychological Sci-Fi but I really like it.

I've heard really great things about The Babadook and hope to check it out soon.

Here's a trailer:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard really great things about The Babadook and hope to check it out soon.

Here's a trailer:

Good movie! I wrote a quick review in a different thread about it.
Not close to the best horror film, but didn't know where else to post about Horror movies...

Watched "The Babadook" recently...

Pretty creepy movie. The ending has a weird metaphorical twist. Hard to understand dafuq happened but worth the watch! The little boy will irritate the shit out of you... Just a heads up

7/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched "Digging Up the Marrow" yesterday. Interesting move. Kind of slow but a lot of insider horror stuff. Ray Wise is excellent, but putting him as the main character in a supposed documentary setting is a bit strange since you immediately identify his character as an actor and not a citizen.

Two other movies from the past that also follow this horror documentary theme that are interesting are "The Last Horror Movie" from 2003, and "Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon" from 2006. I wouldn't consider either to be great but interesting and probably worth a watch.

One of my favorites that is highly under rated is "Event Horizon". Great sci-fi horror.
I've seen Digging Up the Marrow. Had a good creepy factor, but I agree on it being kind of slow. Worth the watch!

Also watched The Last Horror Movie. Got pretty annoyed by the acting in that one if I recall correctly. The substance was good though.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mama

Watched this movie when it first came out, and bought it when it first released lol. Guillermo Del Toro knocked this one out of the park. Great plot! Yes it has some flaws and overextension of the material, but overall this movie has the scare factor that you want. Not just loud jump scares, however it does have them. Trust me they are good ones though. Creeped me the fuck out at multiple different points. I highly recommend this movie!

9.5/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Friday t13th Everyone!

What movies do you have lined up for tonight???

Here's my lineup:
1. Sanatorium
2. The Gracefield Incident
3. See No Evil 2

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch a lot of PG13 horror flicks since my daughter is young and we liked...
Insidious/II
The Others
Stonehearst Asylum
Mama
Woman In Black/2
...and some others I can't think of right now.
Let her watch Blair Witch despite it being R and she said it was boring, scared the crap out of me.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrote these comments on Blair Witch Project on the Doob Show:

It was decent, not the biggest fan... But I appreciate the innovation. They pioneered an entirely new world for horror/thriller movies. As for the movie itself: good plot, decent acting. I'd give it around a 5-6/10

The problem with my reviews is that since I have seen so many bad movies I am sort of numb on the subject. So some bad movies can appear "better than others" to me, and it leads me to think they are better than they really are lol.

Anyone that doesn't give the movie credit probably doesn't watch horror very often. At the time I thought it had a great scare factor. Because it came out during a time that nobody had seen that style of filming so everyone was led to believe that it was REAL! Then once the market got flooded by 1st person filming it made people wonder why they liked BWP in the first place lol.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch a lot of PG13 horror flicks since my daughter is young and we liked...
Insidious/II
The Others
Stonehearst Asylum
Mama
Woman In Black/2
...and some others I can't think of right now.
Let her watch Blair Witch despite it being R and she said it was boring, scared the crap out of me.
Seen them all! All great movies, although I didn't really care for the Woman In Black movies. I really liked the Insidious movies! Thought they were really well done. 1408 was awesome. Quite the roller coaster that movie puts you on.