• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm watching Texas Chainsaw 3D on MTV, but not on a 3D tv.

I am guessing that 3D had to have been the selling point for this movie, because it is incredibly BAD...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hive (2015)

The plot concept in this was decent but the film didn't quite pull it off. It was basically a detective mystery take on Zombies. You are thrown into a mystery that slowly begins to unravel itself by memory clues. Aside from coming off like a boring horror romance for the first 20mins or so (ended up being completely unnecessary), there were some things in the movie I didn't believe completely meshed well and some scenes weren't explained well enough. The way the timelines jump back and forth was kind of frustrating. After the 30 minute mark, when the intensity kicks it up a notch, I can say that the movie had me at a point where I needed to watch it till the end. Now the ending was not as exciting as I hoped for but at least it gave me some type of finality. Overall I think they did a fairly good job, but I probably won't ever watch it again. I didn't care for the main characters either.

Concept was better than the film... 5/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pack (2015)

I don't know if its just the hunter in me, but I found this movie to have A LOT of character stupidity. They constantly made bad decisions and I basically got to the point where I was rooting for the pack lol. There were situations where literally everything could have ended and the problem would have been resolved. Aside from that, the film has its holes but it was decent entertainment. No real explanation is offered, which is typical. It also builds very little to itself as it jumps straight to action. Actors worked ok as a family, the dialogue was decent, the acting was alright. The effects were simple and had good execution. Not really much to say about this one. Pretty straight forward survival flick with little to offer. It is shorter than most, and it doesn't bring any new elements to the genre. Not a bad movie, just mildly entertaining!

Not much to it, but not bad! 6/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Circle (2015)

On Netflix! This plot was simple, straight-forward and predictable, but had some cleverness to it. Aside from character stupidity, there are a few negatives that are worth mentioning. I thought some of the kills were too random. It makes you wonder why they would randomly kill one person when they could have easily killed the person who is clearly giving them a reason to do so. Maybe they could have switched up the order in which the characters discussed resolutions, but not sure if that would have helped. Not a huge complaint but just kind of took away from the film in my opinion. Also the ending was a bit stale, not so much to ruin the movie but wasn't exactly the payoff I was hoping for. Overall this is an entertaining film. Not exactly suspenseful, but it held my attention throughout.

Simple entertainment 6.5/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kristy (2014)

This film is a tense survival thriller with an unoriginal and somewhat predictable story. But it was solid entertainment! The acting was spot on and it had a good atmospheric score that didn't try to make up for a lack of suspense as you find in so many other scary movies. You wont find any gore splatter or high body counts in this movie, which is refreshing for a thriller/horror that remains suspenseful throughout. I can always appreciate the survival element where the lead must outwit their pursuers instead of running around like a chicken with its head cut off. It wasn't scary by any means, nor was there much "shock value", but the movie captivates nonetheless. All in all this was a solid movie!

Slasher fans can appreciate this one... 7/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exeter (2015)

On Netflix! Stop me if you've heard of this one before: teenagers accidentally stir up a demonic presence. You are thrown into the typical teen idiocy of "good ideas turned bad". The film is loaded with horror clichés, poor attempts at humor and feeble characterization. About 35 minutes in you want to give up and write Netflix an anonymous hate letter, but at about that time the movie settles into a rhythm and becomes a little more enjoyable. But still lots of bad judgment in the direction & editing, which is chalked up to a lot of bad timing. The progression had lots or unnecessary moments. There were lots of jump scares. Sadly, none of them worked. There is a series of moments were there are four jump scares in a row, which made the director look like a horror novice. You start to wonder if they are even trying anymore lol. Can't blame the actors. They played the parts, and not much more you could have asked from them. The movie wraps up neatly which was nice. Overall this movie needs a lot of work.

Lots of weaknesses, but I surrender... 4/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Beast of Xmoor (2014)

On Netflix! Originally dubbed, "X Moor" this movie follows a pair of reward-seekers on a quest to capture a fabled beast. But as the movie progresses, you find out the beast is actually not what you were expecting (kind of a letdown). The movie starts out setting good tension, but then predictably turns into a survival thriller. I wish they went a different direction with this movie, but oh well! The suspense doesn't hold itself very well because of the idiocy of some of the characters, and partly because of the direction the movie took. It does enough to keep you engaged and rewards you with a couple of twists (however predictable they may have been). The acting was decent. Could have casted a few roles better, and some additional roles could have made it more compelling. Overall the movie was mild entertainment worthy of Netflix, but ultimately falls flat.

Blah 5/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No One Lives (2012)

Another survival thriller of sorts... But this one implemented a cool concept which has been seen in a few different movies. What happens when bad guys fuck with the wrong sort of psychopath!? This movie was a bit further along in the gore department, but I found it very entertaining. Not very often do you get confused with which side you are rooting for, which makes for great fun. The storyline is gripping! Not very often do you find a movie with multiple different storylines that mesh as well as this one does. Usually it leaves holes or parts become really unnecessary. This movie was really cool how it unfolded. The actors were great and the setting was perfect. Luke Evans plays the perfect badass psychopath. The gore was a bit over-the-top but it didn't detract from the movie. It had a few wtf moments but you glaze over them pretty well. Could have used some explanation for the ending, but definitely worth the watch!

Great fun! 8/10

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys!

Haven't been here for a short time- I have not been watching too many horror movies lately. More watching the series like The Strain, TWD, FTWD, etc.

Watched the 1st episode of Scream Queens yesterday. It was not too bad actually. Good writing and some grusome deaths. Face melting, lawn mower decapitation,etc. I laughed out loud a few time which of course led to my wife thinking I am nut job for thinking some of this stuff is funny. It is basically Mean Girls/Heathers with a bodycount. Don't look too close or the loopholes will become apparent.

Still just waiting so much for the Ash vs. Evil Dead series! One of the bright spots on the horizon.