• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And next weekend.....Lavalantula. Lava breathing Tarantulas.

Typical Sy Fy fare.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy f!

I thought the zombie genre was out of control but sci-fi Chanel has gone crazy with the mutant animal genre.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharktopus vs Whalewolf on now.

I'll catch it another time.

Sharknado 3 coming soon.

And next weekend.....Lavalantula. Lava breathing Tarantulas.

Typical Sy Fy fare.

giphy.gif

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lavalantula? Why, that's just silly! Everyone knows tarantulas can't breath lava!

:dhd::dhd::dhd:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharktopus? Didn't they already have Crocktopus 3D?

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched The Canal as per the recommendation here. Good movie. Definately an old-school approach to the story as it moved slowly through it's progressions to the outcome. Relied more on the feel than the visual and built towards a crazy (but still relatively low key) conclusion for this day and age.

Also watched Forget Me Not. A pretty cool story in retrospect but it was hard to piece it together due to execution issues during the movie itself. The FXs were pretty good for the most part but some of the creatures costumes and movements seemed a bit unnecessary. It was ok but it seemed a bit rushed and it could have been much better with a little more attention.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MV5BMTUwMDEzNDI1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzAyODU5MzE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Decent movie, had its moments....
Ending blew chucks though

6/10

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

Hey, you seen this movie Maggie with Arnie???
Saw previews but that don't mean its worth a damn!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

Hey, you seen this movie Maggie with Arnie???
Saw previews but that don't mean its worth a damn!!!
Yep... Wrote a post on it a page back... Here it is:

I also watched Maggie with Arnold Schwarzenegger recently. But about a quarter of the way into it I decided that it wasn't the horror movie I was expecting. Come to think of it, not even horror at all. More of a drama set in a zombie-like futuristic wasteland. It was about a daughter that contracts the virus they call "the turn" which slowly deteriorates your body until you turn into a mindless zombie. Which apparently takes 2-3 weeks. But the living humans have good control over everything so its not like the usual zombie movie chaos. Society is all living normally in their homes, but still leery of the outside world. Back to the plot... The daughter is diagnosed, and then allowed to live out the rest of her life with her father (arnold). He is given precautions and is ordered to "quarantine" her when she starts to turn. I stopped watching this movie because I was in the mood for horror, not drama. Maybe it gets better towards the middle & climax, but I wasn't willing to wait lol. It was a depressing drama for the most part.

Anyone else that has seen this movie have any input? Is it worth finishing?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Animal (2014)

On Netflix! I always try to judge a movie within its genre, so the reason I rate this relatively high is because I think it's better in comparison to other low budget horror movies. The details and setting are well chosen, and the filming is executed perfectly. The cgi/fx and the monster 'animal' were also really well done. The script wasn't very original, in that way it's a typical horror movie, but it had some nice plot turns and the end was fairly surprising. The actors were pretty good as well. The movie leaves some questions unanswered, which can be frustrating but I didn't mind it as much. Probably done intentionally to leave room for a sequel or heighten the climax.

Quality entertainment! 7/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Curse of the Witching Tree (2015)

I enjoyed this movie. It was a bit slow to start since it spends quite a lot of time on the character development. The performances were great though, and the creepy parts were done pretty well. The plot is not original by any means, but I like the perspective that they took on the old 'ghostly revenge' story. I have been liking British horror much more than American lately, and this is no exception. If you are a fan of well-made, suspenseful horror as opposed to the in-your-face gore and jump-scares that most American directors make today, this is a good choice for you. My only complaint is that the ending was a bit confusing, but still definitely worth the time. It could have used some chopping down on the character development and dialogue, but if you have the patience then give it a go.

Slow-burner! 7/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
American Poltergeist (2015)

If you are in the mood for watching a bunch of stupid bimbos slaughter acting like none-other and not even show any nudity then this one is just for you. This one has it all: bad acting, bad plot, bad writing. You will not like any of the characters, and it isn't scary at all. It used every tired horror cliché in remarkably horrible fashion. The back story surely could have been better if they hadn't tried to tack it to a real historic and researchable case. A little more imagination could have gone a long way. The acting is so wooden that it could have been done better with hand puppets. Truly awful casting on this. I found it hilarious that these people were given jobs in acting. They must have knob-slobbered their way up the food chain to get these roles. It's just a horrible, horrible movie that has already been made a hundred times over. Don't bother with this film, as I'm sure there is some drying paint that needs watching?

Get highly intoxicated beforehand... 3/10