• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Jeepers Creepers 3 as we speak.

I hope the rabbit ends up killing everyone involved with this movie...except for the Creeper.

Good monster who deserves better; kinda like what happened with Frankenstein.

Gonna watch this through to the end, but it's not looking good...

They came out with a 3rd installment? I'm way behind the 8-ball.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are making a Jeeper Creepers 4.....

:L
lol guess we'll have to wait another 15 years for it?

That ineffective cliffhanger at the end of JC3 definitely told us JC4 was a possibility. Wonder if it will be another "straight to video" installment. Do you know if Victor Salva directing it again? Judging by JC3 I think he should only produce it and let someone else write & direct it. He clearly lost his touch over the 8 year hiatus away from Horror. Don't believe I ever saw Rosewood Lane (2011) or Dark House (2014), both of which he wrote & directed prior to JC3. Maybe both of those movies were awful as well?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blood Punch (2014)

Finally got around to watching this one. Been almost a year since I first heard about it from @jakedog56 & @Taddy Mason.

I agree with both of those guys in that it was an entertaining film. Dark horror comedy meets Groundhog's Day. Time-loop movies are pretty entertaining and have been used as recently as last October when Happy Death Day came out. When done correctly the mystery of how to break the cycle always keeps you hooked until the finish. This movie was definitely done well. It is chalked full of carnage and even presents us with some interesting twists. It was a very clever piece. The comedy is well written and the production values are solid. The acting was candid and very well done, never felt scripted. Ari Boyland played the unhinged meth dealer/cop/psychotic boyfriend masterfully. He was somewhat of an arbitrary character but was the perfect victim for all the carnage. Would have liked more of a scare factor to convince me that it should be sold as part-horror. But nevertheless it was pure entertainment!

Let's do that again! 7/10

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I watched Jeepers Creepers 3 the other night.

I'm not really sure why, as I did not really like the first two.

The villain/monster is pretty compelling with decent effects, the stories/plot progressions just suck.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol guess we'll have to wait another 15 years for it?

That ineffective cliffhanger at the end of JC3 definitely told us JC4 was a possibility. Wonder if it will be another "straight to video" installment. Do you know if Victor Salva directing it again? Judging by JC3 I think he should only produce it and let someone else write & direct it. He clearly lost his touch over the 8 year hiatus away from Horror. Don't believe I ever saw Rosewood Lane (2011) or Dark House (2014), both of which he wrote & directed prior to JC3. Maybe both of those movies were awful as well?

Maybe they'll pick up #4 where they should of with #3......
The old man sitting in the barn waiting for the Creeper to wake, maybe toss in a bit of Gina Phillips looking for revenge, and maybe you can save this shit fest......

philips-JeepersCreepers-u-01.jpg

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, @FaCe-LeE-uS , Cloverfield Paradox was on my short list. I'll wait.

That said, a shout out to The Babysitter. As was mentioned, boobs would've made this movie a 10, but it stands alone as a solid 8 or maybe even a 9. Pretty damn good movie.
tumblr_oxbu5xxLbu1qbby7co2_500.gif

tumblr_oxznubYlUQ1uijsn1o1_500.gif

what's her name's boobs are all over the internet. The blonde's??? Those would've been helpful.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally watched It. Really enjoyed it, found it very faithful to the book. The clown was cool. While I get the argument for too many jump scares, they didn't detract from the great story, which for me was the main thing.

Looking very much forward to part 2.

On another note: watching The Conjuring 2 as we speak. About 45 minutes in. If it doesn't get better anytime soon, I think it's nappy time.

Sidenote: As I'm posting this, Janet has just channeled The Exorcist and is snarling at the British Gene Shalit dude. The movie has bought a little time. ;)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Victoria on Netflix, pretty solid.

I thought that the payoffs could have been better/more plentiful but really nailed the sense of dread.

Did you mean Veronica? I started watching it too, but just wasn't in the mood for captions. That said, I thought it looked interesting.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you mean Veronica? I started watching it too, but just wasn't in the mood for captions. That said, I thought it looked interesting.
I loathe watching subtitled movies... Cannot stand them. Too difficult to keep up with dialogue & watching the film.

If I wanted to read an entire movie, then I would get the book.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loathe watching subtitled movies... Cannot stand them. Too difficult to keep up with dialogue & watching the film.

If I wanted to read an entire movie, then I would get the book.

Damn! ...I was going to do a quick review of Black Spot. It's a French series. (First season)
It's mostly a crime drama but there is "something" in the forest so it squeaks by as horror.

i have to say even with the sub titles it's really good 7.5-8.0

But I will say out of all the sub titles shows/movies I have watched ..this one was the hardest.
It's lots of dialogue and the text goes by too fast on this show.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey folks! It's been awhile. I've been going through personal crap and isolated quite a bit and also just didn't want to deal with any conflict at this time (such as the political bs that gets tossed around on the SportsHoopla).

But I have watched a crap load of horror recently. I will try to post a few good ones coming up.

One final note: Watched Jeepers Creepers 3 and actually thought it was better than most people did. Quite frankly I found it much better than JC2. There were some weak spots, such as way too much of it was filmed in the daytime which was obviously a concious decision but it would have been much more effective in darkness.
The bottom line in my eyes is that the Creeper was awesome. A great monster that I would love to see more of!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey folks! It's been awhile. I've been going through personal crap and isolated quite a bit and also just didn't want to deal with any conflict at this time (such as the political bs that gets tossed around on the SportsHoopla).

But I have watched a crap load of horror recently. I will try to post a few good ones coming up.

One final note: Watched Jeepers Creepers 3 and actually thought it was better than most people did. Quite frankly I found it much better than JC2. There were some weak spots, such as way too much of it was filmed in the daytime which was obviously a concious decision but it would have been much more effective in darkness.
The bottom line in my eyes is that the Creeper was awesome. A great monster that I would love to see more of!
Good to see ya jakedog! Sorry to hear about the conflicts, hope you get the better of it.

I think you're the first to like JC3 in here. One of my favorite things about this thread is the wide variety of opinions!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dismissed (2018)

On Netflix! Fairly disappointed with this movie. First off, its wrong to be selling this film as horror. Aside from a few acts of violence there is nothing about horror with this film. This movie reminded me a lot of Lincoln Lawyer. Same look, feel, suspense & similar plot. And that movie was sold as a crime drama & thriller. This movie should have been the same. In a way this movie felt much more realistic than Lincoln Lawyer. Secondly, despite a great performance by Dylan Sprouse, the movie itself was just shallow and lacked suspense. The story was predictable and there were some weak writing points that essentially forced the characters into making poor decisions in order to direct plot towards its climax. Aside from Dylan, the cast was very weak which sorta diluted the entire movie. I wouldn't recommend this movie other than to say Dylan's performance is worth the watch. His psychopath performance was near perfection and he steals the show.

Average psycho thriller with lots of weaknesses, but 1 very solid performance... 6/10