• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horrible news

LongTimeSooner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dat Tejas edjumication.
ehlinger.png

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deep conference top to bottom but still seeking first playoff win since its inception five years ago. Tough deal.

Been doing it with zero defense though. Well, in 2015 we had a respectable defense but no quality in the trenches where it counts. Now we gotta see what Grinch can do. I’m optimistic but it’s not happening overnight. There was a preexisting toxic culture left over from Mike Stoops. I’m hoping for a top 60 defense this year. As good as Riley is with the offense we don’t need a top ten defense. If Grinch turns us into a top 35ish defense, look out.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it weren't for 'Bama, yall would be sucking dick behind the Boiled Peanut stand for pocket money.
You guys keep saying that but you know it's not true. Auburn has been in the national championship twice the last decade and that's two more times than Oklahoma.

Let's face it if the Big 12 hadn't been way down the last 5 years you might not even have made the playoffs. Kinda sad.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys keep saying that but you know it's not true. Auburn has been in the national championship twice the last decade and that's two more times than Oklahoma.

Let's face it if the Big 12 hadn't been way down the last 5 years you might not even have made the playoffs. Kinda sad.
#UCFuckingBeatYou

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, considering what the Big12 went through it’s actually VERY impressive imo and will only get better moving forward.

If OU and Texas are where they should be as programs (neither have been but are trending) then that means Auburn is sitting at home the last few “good” (dirty) teams they have had.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri and Texas AM panicked during that whole fiasco in time within the Big12 and made a knee jerk reaction. No doubt, the future did not look bright for the Big12 as other conferences were making moves to better the entire conference and Big12 looked to be moving toward promoting the Texas Longhorns with the other members falling behind. But the Big12 has seemed to fix that concern and worry and model.

Meanwhile, the moves by those other programs leaving the conference has not benefit a single one of them. Maybe it benefited Texas AM in a way, as they got the 2013 season and maybe being the SEC helped get Manziel that Heisman, and maybe it got them money to hire Jimbo Fisher from FSU, but they still have to go up against Alabama, LSU and Auburn day in and day out, so good luck with that.

Missouri, I don't even know about them anymore, theyre one of the furthest West schools in the conference yet they are in the SEC West. Have fun traveling multiple states to see an away game.

Nebraska, if it weren't for their fan following they probably would be more irrelevant than Missouri.

Colorado, they were a wreck prior to the PAC-12 move and they've had only one good season since the move.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes sense if you think about it. People living in and visiting destination states believe they have better things to do that be invested in a sport like football. This especially seems to ring true out West. I live in Scottsdale, AZ and the people here couldn’t give a damn about football.
I love Scottsdale.

While playing Troon North a few years ago, one of the locals I played with had the best description I've heard. Credited it to his wife. "Scottsdale, Arizona...where the tits are fake but the diamonds are real."

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
38 million a year to each school does not include tier 3 money. Texas, OU, and some others make quite a bit in tier 3.

e.g.Texas gets 38 mil from the conference, plus 15 mil from LHN= 63 mil/yr

Schools are doing pretty good money-wise.

Okay fellers, ya got me. I was adding in some other monies in my head, of which was not supposed to be in the post.

If I do this kind of thing too many times, someone send a rider.