• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horford out for season; Hawks out for season

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. But with the way the East is right now, they may have no choice but to play in the playoffs.

Yeah, probably. But the Hawks won't win the first round, very, very doubtful. And we might not even get there. We'll see. Big test for the rest of the Hawks, that's for sure.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, probably. But the Hawks won't win the first round, very, very doubtful. And we might not even get there. We'll see. Big test for the rest of the Hawks, that's for sure.

Well, good luck, however the season turns out for them.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I imagine I'll do what most Atlanta fans do most years. I'll concentrate on UNC BB and wait for the Braves' season to start, hoping for better Falcons' and Hawks' seasons next year. It does get old, though, after 40+ years. :L:nod:

:suds:

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine I'll do what most Atlanta fans do most years. I'll concentrate on UNC BB and wait for the Braves' season to start, hoping for better Falcons' and Hawks' seasons next year. It does get old, though, after 40+ years. :L:nod:

:suds:

40 years? Jesus. I hear ya. I'll keep waiting for my Pacers to get a title. Been a long time but I'll never leave 'em.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's very kind of you to say that.

40 years? Jesus. I hear ya. I'll keep waiting for my Pacers to get a title. Been a long time but I'll never leave 'em.

The Hawks have NEVER won a title.
The Falcons have NEVER won a title.
The Braves have one ONE TITLE in my lifetime.

Hockey? Fugget about it. Our hockey teams lost so much that we drove them out of town!:noidea:

Yep. Atlanta pro sports fans know the deal. "Better luck next year" is our motto down here.

I sure wish we had an owner like George Steinbrenner who would spend all of his money to give us a winning, dominant team like the Yankee franchise. Oh well. It is what it is. Atlanta fans end up rooting for someone else in Superbowls, Finals and the WS. Just another year at the Peach Drop.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going t try really hard not to be a dick, but there is no reason to support them. If you truly wanted your ATL teams to get better launching a boycott or at least doing your part and buying a Pats jersey would do your part to show you will not tolerate their incompetence.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going t try really hard not to be a dick, but there is no reason to support them. If you truly wanted your ATL teams to get better launching a boycott or at least doing your part and buying a Pats jersey would do your part to show you will not tolerate their incompetence.

All attempts at boycotts have failed. People go to their games to see THE OTHER TEAM play them. What can you do?:doh:

Most of us just get into a different sport or college sports. The latter works for me.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's very kind of you to say that.

The Hawks have NEVER won a title.
The Falcons have NEVER won a title.
The Braves have one ONE TITLE in my lifetime.

Hockey? Fugget about it. Our hockey teams lost so much that we drove them out of town!:noidea:

Yep. Atlanta pro sports fans know the deal. "Better luck next year" is our motto down here.

I sure wish we had an owner like George Steinbrenner who would spend all of his money to give us a winning, dominant team like the Yankee franchise. Oh well. It is what it is. Atlanta fans end up rooting for someone else in Superbowls, Finals and the WS. Just another year at the Peach Drop.

It's a shame. You had Ted Turner for a while with the Braves and the Hawks, you'd think that was your bottonless pit of cash right there.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame. You had Ted Turner for a while with the Braves and the Hawks, you'd think that was your bottonless pit of cash right there.

Yeah. We had the "four aces" and Chipper Jones. We won one title. Pitiful.