• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Honest Question For Cavs Fans and Lebroniacs

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're true ties are to Akron, and you only root for the Buckeyes is because they are good,
then you are a bandwagon fan.

If the Zips were good and the Buckeyes sucked, who would you be a fan of?

I'm from Akron and I went to UofA. I've never rooted for them for anything. I think they were in the soccer national championship a few years back and I didn't even watch the game. Then again, soccer isn't really a sport.

I'm not a huge Ohio State fan, or anything, but I watch all the games that aren't those ridiculous 60-0 blowouts.

As far as me being a bandwagon fan, I used to be a HUGE Red Sox fan. Was crazy about them. They won in '04 and I was psyched. Then they won in '07 and I quit being a fan. I like underdogs.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No...I get it....i guess i should differntiate between the people that like watching the games- and the ones that go around repping the school like they actually attended and are up to date on all the scouting etc. and hold themselves out to be some expert. I have met some Buckeye honks that act like they bleed scarlett and gray and the closest they have ever gotten to OSU is getting drunk on High street.

I found that just a tad pathetic.

I banged a fair amount of tOSU coeds. Being inside students is probably as close to being a student without actually being a student as it gets. Right?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're true ties are to Akron, and you only root for the Buckeyes is because they are good,
then you are a bandwagon fan.

If the Zips were good and the Buckeyes sucked, who would you be a fan of?

Actually that is not true at all lol. I grew up in Akron, just bc there was a college 5 mins where I lived doesnt mean I had to root for them. My dad always rooted for Ohio St and I always have. My dad actually took some classes at Akron U.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Let's stay on topic guys

TLDR; trojanfan12 is a doosh :D

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too often it devolves into a battle between Cavs fans and, for whatever reason, Heat or Lakers fans
Yeah that's what I've noticed. Both sides are to blame but I came here to first post during the playoffs and right off the bat it was attacks from both Lakers and Heat (nd Bulls fans there towards the end) fans just because I was a Cavs fan :noidea:

Seems like they try to poke the bear and not expect cavs fans to defend themselves sometimes but if we do we are just lebron apologists and stuff.

Idk just something I picked up for the month I've been here. Seems to be a few folks who are always instigating.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that is not true at all lol. I grew up in Akron, just bc there was a college 5 mins where I lived doesnt mean I had to root for them. My dad always rooted for Ohio St and I always have. My dad actually took some classes at Akron U.

Not a matter of true, just a question.
I grew up in Ohio, but loved the Canes for no other reason then their dominance. Strictly bandwagon at the time.
I've stuck by them during the down years though because I became a true fan.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a matter of true, just a question.
I grew up in Ohio, but loved the Canes for no other reason then their dominance. Strictly bandwagon at the time.
I've stuck by them during the down years though because I became a true fan.

No shit you grew up in Ohio? Didn't realize that. Where at?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit you grew up in Ohio? Didn't realize that. Where at?

Warrensville Heights.
Granada Blvd.

Back then, many Cavs lived there and I delivered their newspaper.
Nate and Ben Thurmond, Austin Carr, Bingo Smith, Jim Brewer, Foots Walker and I'm prob forgetting a couple.

My wife's from Cuyahoga Falls.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warrensville Heights.
Granada Blvd.

Back then, many Cavs lived there and I delivered their newspaper.
Nate and Ben Thurmond, Austin Carr, Bingo Smith, Jim Brewer, Foots Walker and I'm prob forgetting a couple.

My wife's from Cuyahoga Falls.

Good deal. I'm originally from Akron but finally got outta NE Ohio once & for all 9+ years ago.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something that I have learne-d no matter the circumstance- is that when you are dealing with people that are jealous or envious of you because you either - whatever the cirucmstance, have money, have that job, have that girlfriend, - or in this case- root for a sports team that has been the recent recipient of very good luck- and the other person is used to have having some favorable circumstances that are taken away- they get angry and lash out- and pretty soon you are in a situation that is absurd on its face and you do not know how you have gotten there and the other person is so far from acting reasonably that it shocks you- but they are so engrossed and blind they actually really do believe their actions are justified. - you just have to sometimes bite your tongue and privately be glad and thankful that you are in the position you are in- and feel sympathy/pity for the other guy and feel empathy for their circumstance.

Things change- at least in this example the Cavs were at the lowest of lows a few years ago when Bron left- and the Lakers had just gotten a championship and the heat had just put their crazy awesome team together. For me personally at my 5 year reunion for undergrad I had a guy that I never really liked and he talked himself up and how great he was etc. while I was ina job that frusterated me etc. Fast forward 5 years later and I have (for all practicalpurposes) just graduate d from law school, will be taking the bar in february and have had a great clerkship at the firm i work at for over a year and it looks like they will (hopefully) hire me on full time into an associate attorney position after the bar- while my "friend" is recently divorced and had to move on to get a different job.

I didnt lord it over him- I just bit my tongue, smiled to myself a little bit, knowing that , at this time at least, I was on top. I try and do that with the Cavs good fortune. These fans of teams that have been historically succesful and have recently fallen on their face lash out, I try and bite my tongue and know that A. circumstances change and its never good to run your mouth and B. I really dont have to say anything anyway- deep down they know the truth anyhow.

Total nonsense, at least in my case.
I've always maintained that the NBA is my favorite nightly form of ENTERTAINMENT.
James is a very entertaining basketball player, regardless of who he plays for.

That considered, I have MY reasons for disliking most everything else about him, which will always make me root against him ( except when he was here).
Then I have to bite my tongue.
Still never liked him.

Don't confuse basketball with real life.
Ones important. The other isn't.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe.
Ohio for sure.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my dad lived in Warrnesville heights when he was young-before it got bad.

Geez- no wonder you hate Cleveland.

I loved it there.
I was in the vast minority.
School was about 85% black, but I couldn't care less.
I'm still friends with several people from there.
That was early 70's.

And I really don't hate Cleveland at all.
I said if James wasn't there I'd be rooting hard for Cavs.
I do love all that S.Fla has to offer though.
As far as my preference to live, absolute no brainer.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't look back...

Trust me I'm not. Hated the humid summers & seemingly never ending gray skies in the winter. The only time of the year it's nice there is Fall.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never knew how small the U was until watching their 30 for 30. I had always assumed like 30 thousand people go there. I was surprised to know it was a private school and less than 10k go there (if i remember correctly) - it makes their success that much more impressive.

I do have to say- perhaps the best sporting event I have ever witnessed was the 2002 National Championship- where the 14 point buckeyes (I think a record underdog) beat a U team that had about 20 NFL players and just a ton of stars. I was a sophomore at school and was goaded into a bet by a friend who was from out of state and hated the Buckeyes- reluctantly I took the bet and ended up winning somehow.

That U team was insane though

I think that team was the most talented team ever.
I think the PI in OT was a horrible call BUT never blamed the loss on it.
I remember the Canes at one point, just needed to stop a 4th and 14 to win it, and didn't.

I agree with what the players said in the U part 2 though.
They were done once they had to regroup and go play another OT.
They had already celebrated the win and just couldn't get the needed focus back.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly that really might be the most tlaneted college team ever. I like saying that the 95 Indians are the most talented team to not win the title- and the U that year I would think is the most talented college football team ever to not win it.

Didn't that team lack pitching?
The lineup was amazing.

Canes team had zero weakness.
Their bench had NFL players.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get irritated with what I am gonna call the "narrative criticism". The whole 2-4 things, the not "clutch" thing. The clutch thing has been debunked numerous times. while the 2-4 thing is an undeniable fact and one that doesn't help his case, I think context is important. I don't think any player in LeBron's spot would've won in 2007 or this year. And I doubt last year. There is substantial evidence that shows LeBron has had some of the worst finals supporting casts ever, but that always gets dismissed.

I think its ridiculous that somehow making a finals and losing is worse than losing in the first or second round. I know the east is weak and contributes to him getting to 5 straight, but if you say "he only got to 5 straight finals cuz they play in the east they wouldn't have made it in the west so I'm not impressed" and then also say "LeBron lost in the finals again, he sucks" thats pretty ass backwards logic. If one says this they are admitting his team shouldn't have been there in the first place, and then absolutely crushing him when what we all thought/knew comes to pass.

In this finals, people point to his volume scoring and ball-handling, but all evidence shows that when he wasn't doing that, the cavs offense sunk to historically, epicly, bad levels.

There is a lot of stuff to criticize LeBron for, Dallas, foot-in-mouth disease. I honestly hate/cringe every time the guy talks. But I think he is easily one of the best player's I've seen and an incredible basketball player. Overall, I just like to see criticism that is logical or can be backed up with evidence. The just throwing nonsense out, having it debunked and still just sticking to your preconceived notion gets annoying. Probably annoys me more than it should, but for the record, the bolded is something that annoys me (its a major pet peeve) in all debates, not just the LeBron debate.

Here's some valid criticism for you, LeBron hid behind excuses more than any other player to lose the Finals than I can recall in recent memory. It seems as though LeBron as well as his fans want to act like he's the only one to have a poor supporting cast in the Finals or that the Cavs are the only team ever to experience injuries in the playoffs. I don't recall Kobe ever complaining about the lack of talent on that 2008 team which had no other player with real playoff experience besides D-Fish and was forced to rely on players like Radmonovic, I don't recall him implying that the Lakers would have won if Andrew Bynum hadn't of been injured . I don't recall Kobe complaining of fatigue despite his bad back and bum knee. Celtics did not make excuses when Perkins did not play in Game 7 in 2010.

Although, thinking on it a little more, when you're used to having 2 superstars by your side at all times I guess it would be a pretty huge shock for LeBron.

mick7-1961

Commerce Comet
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is....

Would Bird, Jordan, or Magic continued to over pass in the fourth quarter like Lebron did ? Or would they have put their team on their back and carried the team like Lebron didn't....It seemed to me that he was over passing because he didn't want to be blamed for the loss.

mick7-1961

Commerce Comet
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey Mick,

I think that he was just absolutely gassed- but you are right- i think he got a little passive aggresive there at the end and was frustrated with his teammates inability to help him out.
Hey man....Long time no talk.....How is school ?