• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Homestand w/ Nationals & Rays

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a catcher and DH getting hits, what a concept. Cal needs to be relegated to backup, Tommy is all juiced up right now.
I am happy for Tommy Boy. He has had some bad injury luck the last couple years but seems like a real glue guy.

Cal doesn't seem to get the same crap that Zunino did but both are equal to me. I like Cal, but I think this is what he is.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been told Ichiro was a jackass from time to time like in this case. Who was the other manager that quit?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been told Ichiro was a jackass from time to time like in this case. Who was the other manager that quit?
I am not sure if Ichiro was that way or he appeared that way coming from a different culture. You have to remember he was freaking Elvis of Japan so I am sure he was use to doing things his way. Hard to argue when you set the hits record...lol

Lou asked out and was traded. You just don't see that once from a manger because there are only 30 manager jobs but we had two. Tells me something ain't right in the organization.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure if Ichiro was that way or he appeared that way coming from a different culture. You have to remember he was freaking Elvis of Japan so I am sure he was use to doing things his way. Hard to argue when you set the hits record...lol

Lou asked out and was traded. You just don't see that once from a manger because there are only 30 manager jobs but we had two. Tells me something ain't right in the organization.
Seems almost impossible to tell the guy to practice with his team mates which should never have to be asked. Seems like Grover got fed up and the FO wouldn't back him is the only reason I can come up with him quitting. Successful manager but the FO caved for the player. Idiots.

I forgot Lou requested a trade.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems almost impossible to tell the guy to practice with his team mates which should never have to be asked. Seems like Grover got fed up and the FO wouldn't back him is the only reason I can come up with him quitting. Successful manager but the FO caved for the player. Idiots.

I forgot Lou requested a trade.
Ya I know for a fact they backed Ichiro. That is modern sports I guess. I am old school so it bothers me to a point, but he was the greatest hitter of my time so...

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am happy for Tommy Boy. He has had some bad injury luck the last couple years but seems like a real glue guy.

Cal doesn't seem to get the same crap that Zunino did but both are equal to me. I like Cal, but I think this is what he is.
I like Cal and feel like because of his playoff clinching homerun last year he will get a ton of leash. That said, he is not Veritek for whom I’ve heard him be compared to. Switch hitter, sure. Lately base runners have been high jacking bases on the regular against him and his bat is below average. “Juice” (What my wife and I call Murph) plays a solid catcher defensively, has been mashing the ball, and seems like one of the only veteran voices we have at the moment. Sorry Cal, you’re not headed back to Tacoma but it’s time to sit your ass on the pine so we can win some games.

All the bullshit aside, great game today. The first time all season I felt that never give up vibe from the team. Felt good if only for one game, good win!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay let's go. Giants and Astros are good, but they just beat the best. Keep up the mo.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cal probably doesn't get the same scrutiny because of the background Zunino had. Zunino was selected 3rd overall and I'm pretty sure his comparisons were somewhere between Mike Napoli and Mike Piazza as crazy as that is to say now.

I've always really liked Tom Murphy a lot. He's looking a lot like the guy he was in 2019 before getting hurt.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Cal and feel like because of his playoff clinching homerun last year he will get a ton of leash. That said, he is not Veritek for whom I’ve heard him be compared to. Switch hitter, sure. Lately base runners have been high jacking bases on the regular against him and his bat is below average. “Juice” (What my wife and I call Murph) plays a solid catcher defensively, has been mashing the ball, and seems like one of the only veteran voices we have at the moment. Sorry Cal, you’re not headed back to Tacoma but it’s time to sit your ass on the pine so we can win some games.

All the bullshit aside, great game today. The first time all season I felt that never give up vibe from the team. Felt good if only for one game, good win!
They went into the bottom of the third inning down 1-6 and ended up winning against one of the best teams in the league. Honestly I didn't see the comeback coming but I think this is great for the momentum of the team.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depoto said.thete.is a list of guys.thatbevryone pits out about..who could be traded..
Charlie Blackman..of.

Nick senzel...centerfield.3b.2b..would seem
To fit what the mariners.need.for outfield

And maybe te aqiure
Carlos Santana..
Darin ruf...???

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start with.nick senzel see how.it.goes..
And
Santana

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal probably doesn't get the same scrutiny because of the background Zunino had. Zunino was selected 3rd overall and I'm pretty sure his comparisons were somewhere between Mike Napoli and Mike Piazza as crazy as that is to say now.

I've always really liked Tom Murphy a lot. He's looking a lot like the guy he was in 2019 before getting hurt.
Good point.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mariners answer to that is to use Cal at DH. LOL. Got to love this team.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleacher report
Amad.rosario..ss..clevland.

Elie's diez..catch..Colorado Rockies.
Could be major.piece
For Seattle..going forward.
Randal.,.Grichuk..Colorado.rockeies