• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Holy Shit Does John Mayer Suck

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
......followed Jerry and the boys from 9/3/80 to 6/22/95.

This friggin' 80 dollars a ticket cover band posing as 'Dead & Company" is a fucking National disgrace. It makes Caddy Shack two appear to deserve a film award. I beg my high schoolers to go find their own Grateful Dead because this embarrassment is not The Dead.

Some of them have actually referred to this colossal waste of time their parents dragged them to as seeing a Dead show.

Ib4....shut up you old hippie.

Is it so wrong to want John Mayer to get off my lawn?!

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought *Steve Kimock would've been the guy to step into the Jerry role.
Are you familiar with him/his work??
He's been on the scene for almost a good 40 yrs now.
Very Underrated.

Ftr: My 1st dead show was in the summer of '73.
(Watkins Glen w/ the Allman Bros. & The Band)

Been to literally hundreds if not more since,including their various side projects all over the country & a few other countries until around 2014-15.
I wouldn't say Mayer sucks....I've heard some of the stuff he does w/ Bobby and that new lineup, and it's okay for the most part, but for me it still lacks that spirit and vibe. Those were some mighty big shoes to fill.

( ~);-}

*You might be interested in checking this out...
Hot Tuna Announces Electric Tour With Steve Kimock

Last edited:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought *Steve Kimock would've been the guy to step into the Jerry role.
Are you familiar with him/his work??
He's been on the scene for almost a good 40 yrs now.
Very Underrated.

Ftr: My 1st dead show was in the summer of '73.
(Watkins Glen w/ the Allman Bros. & The Band)

Been to literally hundreds if not more since,including their various side projects all over the country & a few other countries until around 2014-15.
I wouldn't say Mayer sucks....I've heard some of the stuff he does w/ Bobby and that new lineup, and it's okay for the most part, but for me it still lacks that spirit and vibe. Those were some mighty big shoes to fill.

( ~);-}

*You might be interested in checking this out...
Hot Tuna Announces Electric Tour With Steve Kimock

Oh sure, been a Kimock fan for years. The '90 TOO band with Steve on the axe was actually the best of the post Jerry stuff but it was too soon for me to appreciate it.

I wouldn't say Mayer sucks

He can play certain genres very well but he absolutely HACKS Grateful Dead music.

I've seen plenty of Jorma too but for the past 13 years or so, I've had nothing to do with any jam band stuff. Once you've met the shaman, all else pales. I'm interested in songs so songwriters are what hold my interest these days.

Currently I'm into Yarn (check 'em out) Joseph Aurthur, Jason Isbell, DBTs, Ryan Adams, Margo Price....etc.

Anything that's not 40 fucking years old!

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
297.png

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one will ever be able to replace Jerry.
No one.
Ever.

That said, imo, and as weird as it still feels to say it, Mayer has done a better job than anyone who has stepped into that position since we lost Jerry.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh sure, been a Kimock fan for years. The '90 TOO band with Steve on the axe was actually the best of the post Jerry stuff but it was too soon for me to appreciate it.

I wouldn't say Mayer sucks

He can play certain genres very well but he absolutely HACKS Grateful Dead music.

I've seen plenty of Jorma too but for the past 13 years or so, I've had nothing to do with any jam band stuff. Once you've met the shaman, all else pales. I'm interested in songs so songwriters are what hold my interest these days.

Currently I'm into Yarn (check 'em out) Joseph Aurthur, Jason Isbell, DBTs, Ryan Adams, Margo Price....etc.

Anything that's not 40 fucking years old!

Do you have SiriusXM?

If so, you should check out Outlaw Country. They play pretty much every artist you just listened.

Pretty much everyone from Jimmie Rodgers(In the Jailhouse Now, not Kisses Sweeter than Wine) to the Rolling Stones, Neil Young and Tom Petty to Hank III to the guys and gals you mentioned.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gawd, Hampton ...
I was lucky enough to be at the "Warlocks" shows there in '89.
A couple of the best nights of my life.

I had strangers (stopping strangers, just to shake their hand) coming up to me at the next shows (up in Jersey), saying, "you were there, weren't you." They could just tell. My feet didn't touch the ground.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Grateful Dead suck(ed), Jerry Garcia was at best a garage band guitarist and John Mayer looks like retard when he sings. You fucking schmucks should get out more.

P.S. anyone that has wasted the time to see The Dead (appropriately named if you ask me) more than once should be neutered.

EOT

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Grateful Dead suck(ed), Jerry Garcia was at best a garage band guitarist and John Mayer looks like retard when he sings. You fucking schmucks should get out more.

P.S. anyone that has wasted the time to see The Dead (appropriately named if you ask me) more than once should be neutered.

EOT

Agreed. Jam bands = trash

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too late to neuter @yogafaggot, but the world sleeps well knowing that he can't get pregnant swallowing jizz. Phew...........

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agrred. Jam bands = trash

Worst, most boring fucking concert I've ever attended was a Dead show at Red Rocks in the fall of 79. Pure fucking trash :poke:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe I'd feel differently about Kimock now, but back with the Other Ones, it felt like he was trying to hard to be Jerry, for lack of a better way of putting it. You hit on something, though, when you say it was too soon for you to appreciate it. Perhaps that was part of my issue with it.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one will ever be able to replace Jerry.
No one.
Ever.

That said, imo, and as weird as it still feels to say it, Mayer has done a better job than anyone who has stepped into that position since we lost Jerry.

I simply cannot fathom what would cause you to state that. Have you watched any of the you tubes of him butchering the catalog? I'd say that if you're going to run an "Elvis' Coat" tour, you may as well get the best clone you can in John Kadlicik but anyway, the entire band sucks and you couldn't drag me to it.

Maybe I'd feel differently about Kimock now, but back with the Other Ones, it felt like he was trying to hard to be Jerry, for lack of a better way of putting it. You hit on something, though, when you say it was too soon for you to appreciate it. Perhaps that was part of my issue with it.

Too soon was definitely part of it but no matter, it's gone and nothing's gonna bring it back. There's just so may great new artists, Jerry would tell anyone to go find them.

Rex is pining for the AC/DC Journey & Stix reunions. What a fag.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I simply cannot fathom what would cause you to state that. Have you watched any of the you tubes of him butchering the catalog? I'd say that if you're going to run an "Elvis' Coat" tour, you may as well get the best clone you can in John Kadlicik but anyway, the entire band sucks and you couldn't drag me to it.

Too soon was definitely part of it but no matter, it's gone and nothing's gonna bring it back. There's just so may great new artists, Jerry would tell anyone to go find them.

Rex is pining for the AC/DC Journey & Stix reunions. What a fag.

I've seen a few shows, and I enjoyed them, although it was really bizarre to look up and see Mayer, of all people. I was shocked it worked on any level for me ... I expected to hate it. I'm pretty damned jaded, and so are my friends, but we all found ourselves smiling and saying, in essence, this shouldn't work, like, at all, and it makes no sense it does, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have no interest in a clone. No one can be Jerry, so in my view it is foolish to try.

As I already said, to each their own.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Mayer sucks donkey cock.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wouldn't say Mayer sucks

Wait, all they did was DICK AROUND on stage, and you're complaining about somebody else hacking their shit?