• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: HOLIDAY BOWL | #22 USC (8-4) vs #16 Iowa (9-3) | 8:00 ET | FS1

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC will be back eventually, you are right it could be a LONG time. Too much talent in the LA area. Also I agree with you, they should have cut ties with Helton, but it's never too late.
You can rebuild a down program fast when recruiting is solid, but it takes 5 years when it isn't. Hell, it's been 11 years since UW hit rock bottom and they are still not back up to where they should be.

If there's any school in the conference capable of reaching Carroll era levels again, it's USC. Just can't see that in the next 5-7 years as things stand. And that's if they found that level of staff after next year. That's a tall order.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This pos c0cksucker single handily destroyed USC football yet he has the balls to talk shit.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Pete hook up with an NFL agent and purchase his parents a house while he was still playing ball in college.
Nope, but he did have it happen right under his nose, and then he bolted as soon as the heat came. He's a coward.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the irony of OSU fans talking trash about other schools head coaches and accusing them of not being honorable.

That's funny right there

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can rebuild a down program fast when recruiting is solid, but it takes 5 years when it isn't. Hell, it's been 11 years since UW hit rock bottom and they are still not back up to where they should be.

If there's any school in the conference capable of reaching Carroll era levels again, it's USC. Just can't see that in the next 5-7 years as things stand. And that's if they found that level of staff after next year. That's a tall order.
Good comment and that is why IMO, they have to let Helton go ASAP.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a USC fan awaiting next season’s opening game against Alabama, I now know how condemned inmates on death row feel.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised one bit if since the first signing day is over, and USC has the worst recruiting class in the PAC12 and an embarrassing loss to Iowa in the bowl game that USC now fires Helton if they have a coach lined up now. They literally have nothing to lose.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was OK with SC keeping Helton, but after yesterday’s debacle, he has got to go. There was not a single area of the game that showed SC was prepared. We had our arses handed to us on the LOS the entire game. Any hope of securing some top recruits in February is now an impossibility. I suspect that all that will happen is the special teams coach, Baxter, and the DC, Pendergast, will be shown the door. Then at this same point next year, SC fans will be saying, “WTF? Deja vu all over again.”

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was OK with SC keeping Helton, but after yesterday’s debacle, he has got to go. There was not a single area of the game that showed SC was prepared. We had our arses handed to us on the LOS the entire game. Any hope of securing some top recruits in February is now an impossibility. I suspect that all that will happen is the special teams coach, Baxter, and the DC, Pendergast, will be shown the door. Then at this same point next year, SC fans will be saying, “WTF? Deja vu all over again.”

Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe Iowa is more talented where it really counts, the lines? I don't give a damn how good your skill players are, if your lines are getting worked, you're not going to do much...and that seemed to be the case yesterday

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is with the Huskies fans in here defending Pete Carrol and USC who got into a ton of trouble while Pete was at the helm?

Why are you Husky fans hanging off his nutsack?

Stockholm syndrome? :scratch:....could be.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe Iowa is more talented where it really counts, the lines? I don't give a damn how good your skill players are, if your lines are getting worked, you're not going to do much...and that seemed to be the case yesterday
Nope....it had far more to do with crap coaching and preparation than a gap in talent

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is with the Huskies fans in here defending Pete Carrol and USC who got into a ton of trouble while Pete was at the helm?

Why are you Husky fans hanging off his nutsack?

Stockholm syndrome? :scratch:....could be.
Maybe because us Huskies fans followed what went down at SC and how the NCAA fvcked them seven ways to Sunday.