• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: HOLIDAY BOWL | #22 USC (8-4) vs #16 Iowa (9-3) | 8:00 ET | FS1

El Goyo

handi gave me my cool av. Derrp. Oof.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised one bit if since the first signing day is over, and USC has the worst recruiting class in the PAC12 and an embarrassing loss to Iowa in the bowl game that USC now fires Helton if they have a coach lined up now. They literally have nothing to lose.
Except for about $20 Million, I think.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe Iowa is more talented where it really counts, the lines? I don't give a damn how good your skill players are, if your lines are getting worked, you're not going to do much...and that seemed to be the case yesterday
Iowa is as good , or better, as USC at litetally every position on the field with the exception of WR ( and even then Iowa has good wideouts ). Iowa is significantly better on both lines and special teams.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last nights USC performance has to be alarming to USC. I mean, USC's skill players is all they have and they couldn't do anything against the bigger, slower, physical Iowa players. Iowa is definitely stronger on the line and Iowa's O and D Line's are better than SC's, but the fact USC couldn't get anything in open space, couldn't coach to get their skill players open in open space is alarming for their future.

SC goes into next season the exact same way they went into this past season. Just because Helton was retained, doesn't mean he is there for the long term. It just makes his seat even hotter for next season. The only way Helton and USC work is if USC wins the conference next year, or at least goes to the conference title game and shows great improvement and hope for the upcoming season. Otherwise, this was a completely wasted 24 months for USC and the development of their football program.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last nights USC performance has to be alarming to USC. I mean, USC's skill players is all they have and they couldn't do anything against the bigger, slower, physical Iowa players. Iowa is definitely stronger on the line and Iowa's O and D Line's are better than SC's, but the fact USC couldn't get anything in open space, couldn't coach to get their skill players open in open space is alarming for their future.

SC goes into next season the exact same way they went into this past season. Just because Helton was retained, doesn't mean he is there for the long term. It just makes his seat even hotter for next season. The only way Helton and USC work is if USC wins the conference next year, or at least goes to the conference title game and shows great improvement and hope for the upcoming season. Otherwise, this was a completely wasted 24 months for USC and the development of their football program.
The only reason Helton hasn't been fired is because of money.

El Goyo

handi gave me my cool av. Derrp. Oof.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason Helton hasn't been fired is because of money.
Money & perhaps stability & ethics as well. We thought they might bring Urban. But Clay is owed a ton of $ & runs a clean, stable program.

So many QB injuries at USC! At any other program people would take that into account. JT Daniels might be QB next year.

USC usually competes for the PAC 12 South. I note SC has won 25 Conference games in past 3 years but Nebraska has won only 13. USC is getting AP ranked & going to bowl games. Nebraska; not so much. Just saying I don’t compare the programs at all as being similar or in the same boat.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money & perhaps stability & ethics as well. We thought they might bring Urban. But Clay is owed a ton of $ & runs a clean, stable program.

So many QB injuries at USC! At any other program people would take that into account. JT Daniels might be QB next year.

USC usually competes for the PAC 12 South. I note SC has won 25 Conference games in past 3 years but Nebraska has won only 13. USC is getting AP ranked & going to bowl games. Nebraska; not so much. Just saying I don’t compare the programs at all as being similar or in the same boat.
USC just payed out a fvckload of money for the admission scandal, medical school scandal, other scandals, and previous HC buyouts. Helton has a fat ass buyout that drops significantly after this next season.

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a USC team more talented that Iowa. Just horribly coached. I was shocked when Helton was retained. Now his recruiting is slipping away and that's the sign of a death nail for a program.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a USC team more talented that Iowa. Just horribly coached. I was shocked when Helton was retained. Now his recruiting is slipping away and that's the sign of a death nail for a program.
You werent watching the same game as me i guess.

Nothing about that game indicated USC has more talent than Iowa. The fastest guy on either team was wearing an Iowa jersey, the sttongest dudes on either team were wearing an Iowa jersey, the biggest dudes were wearing Iowa jerseys. If it said Purdue on USCs jerseys i wouldnt have known the difference

Last edited:

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Helton showed the door to Pendergast and Baxter. But I don't think much will change. Eight months until the massacre at Jerry's World. Stay tuned.