• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hole in One

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never...close twice, ball touched the hole both times...I have been in the presence of a couple...one in FL...guy tried to act like he was a real player and was looking worse than me for about 6 holes then aces a par 3 about 135...generous bogey putts he gave himself, imo he barely broke 90 that day, bailed on our drinks, not a great guy.

The other was in a best ball tourney...he made out like a bandit since the drinks were on the house!

My best is holing a LW for eagle from 86 yds...didn't see it go in, but ran up there Sergio style and it wasn't to be found and I said we better check that cup...found the pitch mark and it was in the cup.

"Sergio style" ...brilliant.

85 yards out ... I love shots in and around that distance. You can take a full cut at it but still be close enough to get a good look at it land on the green. That bites that you did not get to see that fall from an enjoyable distance.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got one at a pitch and put. It was a 120 yards or so but I won't count it because it's a pitch and put. Ironically enough, the best shot I think I've ever hit was putting it like 4 inches away out of a bunker on another flippin hole after a horrendous tee shot off of a 180y par 3 (in my defense, the holes are right on top of each other but it was just a truly awful tee shot). Just chuncked the living crap out of it. Then I chocked up on a pitching wedge and flicked it right there through a tight window. I thought the shot was great because I thought it out, took a bunch of nice practice swings and the ball did exactly what I wanted it to do.

I don't know. Hole in 1's are where great tee shots and luck converge. There's a few chips and pitches from 20-30 that are pretty memorable. I know the percentage is a lot higher on those shots but you still have to execute. I had one a couple of days ago from the rough about 15 yards from the hole short side and the only way to put it was drop it just beyond the lip of the bunker to hope the rough would hold it up a little bit and trickle it down. picked my spot and dropped it right there and left it like 2 inches away. Didn't go in but was still a great shot.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need Hooplas help on this: I made a hole in one today on a par three course with a 9 iron from 135. But...I was playing alone and nobody saw me :( Does that still count?

Also, I made one with a driver when I was 8 on a par 3 course from 128. I don't count that one though.

A couple weeks ago I played with a guy that made a 2 on a par 5!!

Yes it still counts! Sucks no one else could see it though. I've come so close but never had one, which sucks!

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never had one and really only been close once. 8 iron from 160, sloped green, carried about 3 feet past hole and rolled back 35.5 inches......................

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope..don't even try. A round cost too much to only take one stroke on a hole.

The way I figure it is the more strokes I take the lower the cost per stroke...I want my money's worth.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of all the golf I have played - I have had 1.

Tough hole, Pete Dye course, water all the way to a 1/2 island green.

Hit a 6 iron from 178. 2 bounces and barely trickled in.
Pete Dye is an asshole. Ex brother in law had a membership at Mission Hills in PS and I played the Pete Dye course there with him prolly 50 times..............and since he was practicing to try and get his card we were playing from tBlacks.................it was still fun but damn..................

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ugliest hole in one ever.

Par 3, 160 yards 9 iron. Spring lake NJ. The purest bladed ball you will ever see. The ball is going like a rocket just 6 feet or so off the ground but going straight. The green is elevated and the ball hits the apron. The angle of it was perfect.

Ball hops onto the green but none of us saw it go in.

Oddly enough this course had some sort of promotion I think. I filed out this form and 2 weeks later I get a Seagrams Seven laminated hole in card and diploma type certificate.

Wacky stuff.

I dunno why but this made me laugh. I can just picture it, basically skull the ball but it still somehow turns into a miracle shot. I can imagine everyone with just a dumbfounded face haha.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came close a couple times.

1. I was a sophomore in high school and went to play a round. The club pro was also heading out and wanted to play together, so hey, free pointers. Got to the 8th hole that is listed around 120-130 with an elevated tee. The pro has honors, of course, and hits one that hopped over the cup finishing up about 5 feet away. I hit a PW that lands almost at the same spot of his divot and takes one hop hitting the front lip of the hole and then the pin finishing about 6 inches away.

2. A short par 4 (315) that had a tree on the right side midway down the fairway that blocked visibility to the green. I take out the driver and hit a beautiful shot with a slight fade. Knew I had a shot at driving the green, but no clue where the pin was sitting. We walk up there and my ball is sitting about 2 feet passed the cup. Since it was early morning with dew still on the ground, I could see the ball track and missed an ace by about an inch.

I am fully aware that God gives me a good round/hole/shot every now and then just to keep me going back out there wasting my money.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1 at River falls plantation in South Carolina. 115 Snake eyes gap wedge. Called it too. The previous day the tees/hole was in the same spot and I hit it a few feet away. Next day we were playing wolf and I said, "This one is going in fellas". Crazy - and I try to visualize that kind of shot on every short par 3. Shot 82 that day cuz I got fuuuhhhked up on the course!

#2 at Sullivan CC in Illinois. Grew up playing the course at age 4. Finally at age 32 on #8 185 yards uphill so I didn't see it. 5 iron

I think I'm due for another. :heh:

Good luck to all those trying. It's great to have that monkey off your back.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. Hole in 1's are where great tee shots and luck converge.

Yep. I've never had that convergence, myself. Also have never chipped in from 100 yards or less, but I've played so few rounds. It's probably only a matter of time before I hit that perfect shot on the course instead of at the range.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine was pure luck. Actually a bit of a blade.

Have hit one in from 185 for an eagle tho that was legit and another chipped in from 140 that was pretty.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
until it happens for me just let it be known that I hate alla yall's monkey vomit guts.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno why but this made me laugh. I can just picture it, basically skull the ball but it still somehow turns into a miracle shot. I can imagine everyone with just a dumbfounded face haha.

We were all yelling for it to hit the apron because it was onto to the next zip code if it doesn't
But then everyone went dead silent because to ball eased up onto the green "like an old man going into his bed"

Everybody had the same "shit, that is going to be close" face.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez some of you guys are strict. If I tee it up from > 100 yards and it goes in that's a HIO regardless of what they call the course. I've knocked in a couple from just over 100 with my PW, but they were both for bird after flubbed approaches. I've seen a couple. One guy, he had to be 50-something, got one with a 5 iron from about 175 over a gulch. It's an intimidating shot. It took a couple of hops and rolled in. Almost no reaction from him. I asked him if he'd ever had one before and he said no. I was more excited about it than he was. Some people just don't deserve them.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
217 yard par 3, with a 4-iron.

The pin was hidden so imagine my reaction when I got up there and found the ball in the hole.

It's my only hole-in-one. I lipped out just 3 weeks ago for another one.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing about hole-in-ones is that there is so much luck involved. If you're out playing a ton of golf then obviously you're going to have more opportunities.

I have a friend who has 3 of them and I've witnessed all 3. Then I have another friend who is way better and he has never made one. We're talking a matter of inches. The wind might just gust 0.1 mph and throw your ball off track mid-air. So much luck is involved.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing about hole-in-ones is that there is so much luck involved. If you're out playing a ton of golf then obviously you're going to have more opportunities.

I have a friend who has 3 of them and I've witnessed all 3. Then I have another friend who is way better and he has never made one. We're talking a matter of inches. The wind might just gust 0.1 mph and throw your ball off track mid-air. So much luck is involved.

Yep. My dad has 6. His first one was off of a tree. Another was 220 with a three wood. But over time when you're hitting the ball good, you've got a better chance of getting lucky.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
image.jpg

Not as close as the others I've mentioned, but a tap in birdie today....117 yards with an AW (tee box in the background with a decent slope back into the pond if you leave it short).

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had two - both back home in England. Both 9 irons, 130 ish yards. I've also been playing with four other people when they've had hole-in-ones so I must be lucky.