• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hippie and PNK

=SA=

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducky, if you look at my draft chart I predicted we would trade down further in the draft to get Bradbury but I had him as the first O Lineman to get. And I fully anticipated the Vikings trading down when I saw how many O Linemen were still on the board. The fact they didn't could have meant several things. They did not receive any offers to trade down or didn't like the offers, really had Bradbury rated at the top of the O Line and the fact Reaves wants to run a specific scheme and due to all of the trapping and pulling it starts with the interior line positions.

No one had Bradbury ranked in the 3rd round. He started in the middle to high second round and after a spectacular Senior Bowl and Combine where he outshined all other O Linemen he kept climbing the draft board. I watch the combine. Taylor and Ford have heavy feet, Dillard was excellent and would have been a great pick along with Williams.

I'm with PNK on Eifline. He had a promising start when he didn't have to compensate for inferior Guards. On top of that he is was coming off an injury. If you are correct about Eifline Bucky, then Minnesota made a bad pick in the third round two years ago but that move or Eifline's performance has nothing to do with Bradbury.

Finally, Spielman said something i found interesting last night. He used the term .. As we rebuild the O Line .. Gave me the feeling they are far from through taking O Linemen in this draft ...

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducky, if you look at my draft chart I predicted we would trade down further in the draft to get Bradbury but I had him as the first O Lineman to get. And I fully anticipated the Vikings trading down when I saw how many O Linemen were still on the board. The fact they didn't could have meant several things. They did not receive any offers to trade down or didn't like the offers, really had Bradbury rated at the top of the O Line and the fact Reaves wants to run a specific scheme and due to all of the trapping and pulling it starts with the interior line positions.

No one had Bradbury ranked in the 3rd round. He started in the middle to high second round and after a spectacular Senior Bowl and Combine where he outshined all other O Linemen he kept climbing the draft board. I watch the combine. Taylor and Ford have heavy feet, Dillard was excellent and would have been a great pick along with Williams.

I'm with PNK on Eifline. He had a promising start when he didn't have to compensate for inferior Guards. On top of that he is was coming off an injury. If you are correct about Eifline Bucky, then Minnesota made a bad pick in the third round two years ago but that move or Eifline's performance has nothing to do with Bradbury.

Finally, Spielman said something i found interesting last night. He used the term .. As we rebuild the O Line .. Gave me the feeling they are far from through taking O Linemen in this draft ...

Spielman said he had offeres to move down, but didn't want too.

Vikings REALLY wanted ragnow last year (Detroit) and didn't want to risk that 2 years in a row, I say good for them

=SA=

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only problem is Ragnow didn't have a good rookie season .. I'm glad they felt so good abut Bradbury. I predicted we would take him on this board early yesterday but have to admit it was because I thought Taylor and Dillard would be off the board.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only problem is Ragnow didn't have a good rookie season .. I'm glad they felt so good abut Bradbury. I predicted we would take him on this board early yesterday but have to admit it was because I thought Taylor and Dillard would be off the board.

he was definitely up and down, but I think Ragnow will even that out

although he chose Arkansas over gophers last minute, fuck that guy

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradbury was expected to go in the first, he wouldn't have lasted until 3rd round

The Vikings believe Elflein can play guard.

Taylor was expected to go in the top 15. He is still on the board. It is because he is a RT. It isn't often that any team is going to take a decent not great RT prospect in the top 15 let alone the 1st round. Thus the reason for the drop. Internet mocks are full of obvious mistakes like that.

Bradbury falls into that same category. Damn rare a team is going to take a scheme specific C in the 1st round. It just happened we did because we let need trump value. It is unlikely another team would have done the same....but I most certainly don't know the needs of other teams either. Maybe a team two spots after us runs a zone scheme and #1 need is a center. But I kind of doubt it. And let's not give Spielman more credit than he is due....still the same guy that drafted a 3rd round QB prospect (Ponder) in the top 12 just because we needed a QB at that time.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we take another offensive lineman but I highly doubt it is before the 5th or 6th where Spielman has traditionally rolled the dice (and failed) on finding a late round gem.

The "as we rebuild the OL" in terms of long term: O'Neil and now Bradbury definitely show Speilman's vision. He covets athletic guys and doesn't care much for power.

I completely slant the other way. I would rather have a powerhouse OL than a quick pulling OL. But that said, it is a changing league. Considering it is actually more common these days to be in shotgun on the 3 yards line than it is to be in goal line, this athletic slant might be the way to go. and in that case he is definelty doing a good job. ONeil and Bradbury are really good long term pieces if that is the puzzle you are trying to put together.

Tonight I think we see a DT and a RB. Spielman likes to check the boxes and those are our two biggest boxes to check. But he might already have his sites on a late round RB and use one of these picks to go absolute best player available where you see us go for lesser short term and bigger long term position of need like WR, CB, DE.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Smith pick.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor was expected to go in the top 15. He is still on the board. It is because he is a RT. It isn't often that any team is going to take a decent not great RT prospect in the top 15 let alone the 1st round. Thus the reason for the drop. Internet mocks are full of obvious mistakes like that.

Bradbury falls into that same category. Damn rare a team is going to take a scheme specific C in the 1st round. It just happened we did because we let need trump value. It is unlikely another team would have done the same....but I most certainly don't know the needs of other teams either. Maybe a team two spots after us runs a zone scheme and #1 need is a center. But I kind of doubt it. And let's not give Spielman more credit than he is due....still the same guy that drafted a 3rd round QB prospect (Ponder) in the top 12 just because we needed a QB at that time.

There isn't a GM that hasn't biffed or reached, time to let ponder pick go.

You're one of few that didn't like Bradbury pick, that's cool. I liked the move

=SA=

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured we would take a TE but never in my wildest dreams did I think Smith would be there at 50

Can we please get a third or fourth round pick for Rudoulf .. I'd even take a 5th to save 7 million on cap space but who knows, Maybe play action works best with 2 tight ends as they can block for runs and fan out for play action paces. Could there be a method to their madness .. lol

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop trading back Speilman!!!!!

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 picks tomorrow

Not really fan of all these move backs for more 6th and 7th rounders that rarely contribute

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need a fucking RB. This draft went to shit in a hurry.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to add depth and maybe find a diamond in the rough.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB- doesn't bother me, replacement for Murray
I get that, it just seems this pick was not only a massive reach, but also to me, it seems like we have more pressing needs.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got another Guard

=SA=

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to say Kubiak had Speilman's ear over Zimmer. Heard Zimmer was pissed when they kept trading down and was ready to pull the phone line out of the wall .. LOL .. I think it was a part of a plan to trade down every time a defensive player is the top rated player on the board. Oh my, Vikes traded down again in the 5th while I was typing this ...

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It feels like we draft a couple of WRs in the 7th round every year.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got Jake Browning from WU, QB coming as an undrafted FA. I will take that!