• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey SCar fans! Are things really that bad...

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say those blokes are fairly witless, since anyone in their right mind would be skeptical of any advice given by a Tater coach about the USC job. Word behind-the-scenes is that U Meyer told Herman to take a good look at the job, and I'm guessing that would carry more weight.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say those blokes are fairly witless, since anyone in their right mind would be skeptical of any advice given by a Tater coach about the USC job. Word behind-the-scenes is that U Meyer told Herman to take a good look at the job, and I'm guessing that would carry more weight.

And yet, the flagship station of the Gamecocks has been reporting this for several days... besides, given how Jeff Scott has out-recruited the entire SCar staff the past few seasons, I would say if he ventured out to give advice (not sure why he would in the first place since a) SCar is a rival and b) the program is going down the tubes for another year plus) it might be worthy of consideration.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just have a hard time believing someone would take the time to come up with an unfounded rumor pertaining to coaching destinations in CFB.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes things really are. If Steve Spurrier couldn't win an SEC title there, it will never happen. I said it last year, their window of opportunity was last year, and they weren't even close.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SCar had it's window under Spurrier and they couldn't put together a complete season. They're not a tier 1, 2, or even 3 school in terms of destination jobs. Now, on top of dealing with other SEC teams in terms of recruiting, they have to battle a suddenly elite Clemson team for in-state talent.

THAT BEING SAID..

If there is any truth to the rumors floating around about SCar alum Dantonio having interest in the opening, things could change quickly. MSU has lost 4 recruits in the last week and half, so something may be rustling up in East Lansing. That is the best case scenario for SCar at this time. If they can't lure Dantonio, they're likely to settle back into mediocrity.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SCar had it's window under Spurrier and they couldn't put together a complete season. They're not a tier 1, 2, or even 3 school in terms of destination jobs. Now, on top of dealing with other SEC teams in terms of recruiting, they have to battle a suddenly elite Clemson team for in-state talent.

THAT BEING SAID..

If there is any truth to the rumors floating around about SCar alum Dantonio having interest in the opening, things could change quickly. MSU has lost 4 recruits in the last week and half, so something may be rustling up in East Lansing. That is the best case scenario for SCar at this time. If they can't lure Dantonio, they're likely to settle back into mediocrity.
Don't know why any sane coach would leave Michigan State for South Carolina.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's where he went to college...but otherwise, yeah.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that's where he went to school but this isn't like Saban leaving MSU and going to LSU. LSU had a solid recruiting base with no in-state competition, the ability to go into Texas and get some players, facilities, a stadium that had just been expanded. South Carolina is a program that has passed it's peak. Its peak being a few 10 win seasons under Spurrier.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

THAT BEING SAID..

Agree with both these sentiments; unless someone can come in and shut down Clemson's recruiting in the states of SC, GA, and FL (which not even Spurrier came close to doing) and given the fact SCar couldn't get to Atlanta more than once when UF and Tennessee were down doesn't bode well for the future.

Not sure other than the possible money he'd get at SCar that he'd have a better shot at getting into the playoff than he does at MSU :noidea:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that's where he went to school but this isn't like Saban leaving MSU and going to LSU. LSU had a solid recruiting base with no in-state competition, the ability to go into Texas and get some players, facilities, a stadium that had just been expanded. South Carolina is a program that has passed it's peak. Its peak being a few 10 win seasons under Spurrier.

I wasn't disagreeing with you. I think he'd be foolish to walk away from what he's been building at MSU. The only possible reason for him to take the job would be because he's an alum.

You can NEVER go home again.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't doubt you there, but for some guys it's about being at your alma mater. Pat Fitzgerald has had numerous opportunities to leave for a much more high profile job, but he wants more than anything to build NW into a contender, and he's done extremely well considering the hills he has to climb. How sweet would it be to go back to your alma mater and bring them a NC? Can't say enough about that opportunity.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
S'right, brah...hope you packed a gym bag...when you leave work tonight, just keep on driving...

I'll be alright, I always keep a spare pair of t-baggin britches in my truck.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be alright, I always keep a spare pair of t-baggin britches in my truck.

Pick me up and we'll hit the Sonic...we could be like those two dudes what does their commercials, only more...proactive, or something