• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here's some awesome(not) rumor

Jhalf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You said you can't get coaches, and have those coaches recruit for their system, in todays college football landscape.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And when recruiting slows down change up the coaching again?

UVa's strategy. Solid line = recruiting prowess. Dashed line = coaching experience.

sin_sin+pi.gif

Their recruiting prowess has always been better than their coaching ability.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twitter is acting like a petulant child today. This isn't breaking news, just a simmering thing. PM me later in the day (I will be home) and I will share.

It's the transfer deadline for European soccer. People (myself included) are going to be refreshing their twitter feeds non-stop until 7 pm tonight. Not sure if that's what slows twitter down, but it makes the most sense to me.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My twitter app hasnt loaded new tweets in two hours. It's not slow, it's not working at all. It works on my computer though

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said you can't get coaches, and have those coaches recruit for their system, in todays college football landscape.

I guess you misunderstood what I meant, or I didn't make myself clear. When trying to build a program up, you now have to bring the talent in first. That's what UVa did with the London's initial staff. They were geared more to selling the program to recruits than they were towards coaching. Now that it seems that we have brought up some very good recruiting classes, we can now concentrate on having better coaches. VT has been able to avoid this by having success on the field, but Beamer & Weaver finally were forced to realize that the college game is changing rapidly and they finally made changes to the staff, changes that they should have made 2-3 years ago.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess you misunderstood what I meant, or I didn't make myself clear. When trying to build a program up, you now have to bring the talent in first. That's what UVa did with the London's initial staff. They were geared more to selling the program to recruits than they were towards coaching. Now that it seems that we have brought up some very good recruiting classes, we can now concentrate on having better coaches. VT has been able to avoid this by having success on the field, but Beamer & Weaver finally were forced to realize that the college game is changing rapidly and they finally made changes to the staff, changes that they should have made 2-3 years ago.

That's what they did under Al Groh as well.

The problem is that UVa isn't believable as a football school.

Jhalf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I guess what i am saying is that the two are not mutually exclusive. you should be focused on bringing in the best recruits always, regardless, but the coaches are likely to be there a while, while the recruits will only be there 4 years.

If starting from square one, you would bring in guys that couldn't coach at all but could recruit, until you got a couple solid classes of recruits in, then go get better coaches?

that sounds backwards to me.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess what i am saying is that the two are not mutually exclusive. you should be focused on bringing in the best recruits always, regardless, but the coaches are likely to be there a while, while the recruits will only be there 4 years.

If starting from square one, you would bring in guys that couldn't coach at all but could recruit, until you got a couple solid classes of recruits in, then go get better coaches?

that sounds backwards to me.

He's saying it as if recruiting and good coaching are mutually exclusive.

If you recruit someone with talent, but subject them to poor coaching, you're doing them a disservice.