• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here's a list of the finalists for the MVP, etc awards

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t believe Brandon Graham isn’t on the short list for Come Back Player of the Year. How does Geno Smith get on there? Isn’t this award for guys who dealt with injury or something similar to “come back”? How are you come back player of the year when you never arrived in the first place to “come back.” His argument for this award is “I was a draft bust that used to blow and now I’m not half bad anymore.”

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t believe Brandon Graham isn’t on the short list for Come Back Player of the Year. How does Geno Smith get on there? Isn’t this award for guys who dealt with injury or something similar to “come back”? How are you come back player of the year when you never arrived in the first place to “come back.” His argument for this award is “I was a draft bust that used to blow and now I’m not half bad anymore.”
I think it's based on... "the player who has shown perseverance in overcoming adversity, in the form of not being in the NFL the previous year, a severe injury, or simply poor performance." Either way, I think Geno deserves to be on that list and should probably win it. No one expected Geno to perform as well as he did.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised that Purdy made the list... my guess is that voters will reward players that played a lot more games, but good for him to get the nod. I'm guessing Walker wins it since his team made the playoffs and his contributions helped lead to that outcome in a big way.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MVP​

Offensive Player of the Year​

• Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes
  • Eagles QB Jalen Hurts (my pick... hard to ignore the unbelievably productive year that Hurts had, legit MVP candidate as well)
  • Dolphins WR Tyreek Hill
  • Vikings WR Justin Jefferson

Defensive Player of the Year​

Offensive Rookie of the Year​

Defensive Rookie of the Year​

Comeback Player of the Year​

Coach of the Year​

• Bills' Sean McDermott
  • Eagles' Nick Sirianni
  • 49ers' Kyle Shanahan
  • Giants' Brian Daboll (my pick... this was between Pederson and Daboll for me. Daboll had a tougher situation to turn around)
  • Jaguars' Doug Pederson

Assistant Coach of the Year​

• Eagles OC Shane Steichen
  • 49ers DC DeMeco Ryans (my pick... honorable mention to Ben Johnson, but this is DeMeco's year)
  • Lions OC Ben Johnson

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP - Mahomes. Hurts was there all year but missing those games late in the season cemented it for the always consistent Mahomes.
OPY - Jefferson. I think the voters will split off and vote a receiver for OPY. I like Jefferson's chances slightly better.
DPY - Bosa. Three solid choices, Bosa is first amongst equals.
ORY - Wilson. Hard to argue against any rook who hauls in 83/1103 on a team using a carousel of QBs.
DRY - Gardner. Dude handles his position like a multi year all pro.
CPY - Smith. Easily the most talked about player in '22 finally bursting out, I think he wins this on sentiment alone.
HCY - Daboll. Voters love rookie head coaches who turn a program around overnight.
ACY - Steichen. Shit, I didn't know there an award for was an assistant COY. Just due to Philly's dominance in '22, I'll go with Steichen.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP - Mahomes. Hurts was there all year but missing those games late in the season cemented it for the always consistent Mahomes.
OPY - Jefferson. I think the voters will split off and vote a receiver for OPY. I like Jefferson's chances slightly better.
DPY - Bosa. Three solid choices, Bosa is first amongst equals.
ORY - Wilson. Hard to argue against any rook who hauls in 83/1103 on a team using a carousel of QBs.
DRY - Gardner. Dude handles his position like a multi year all pro.
CPY - Smith. Easily the most talked about player in '22 finally bursting out, I think he wins this on sentiment alone.
HCY - Daboll. Voters love rookie head coaches who turn a program around overnight.
ACY - Steichen. Shit, I didn't know there an award for was an assistant COY. Just due to Philly's dominance in '22, I'll go with Steichen.
I want a complete shut out for Philly so it fuels the feelings of disrespect in that locker room.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The voters are readers of twitters not watchers of games.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP: Burrow
OPOTY: Hurts
DPOTY: Nick Bosa. Flat out dominant game in and out. Should win this.
OROTY: Walker. I get the Wilson and Purdy yak. But if K9 had the whole season. He'd win
DROTY: Gardner. Woolen was a good second choice but Gardner was better for longer.
COTY: Pedersen. From 1st pick to playoffs??????? Who is better?
Assisstant: Ryans
Comeback: McCaffrey. I just don't think that Smith "Not playing" because of someone else is better counts as a Comeback

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My picks...

• OPY - think this award will trend more and more away from QBs who will dominate MVP award more and more
  • COY - my pick is Shanahan, but think one of the others will win it
  • OROY - coin toss for me between Walker and Wilson

1674683643976.png

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COY should go to Doug Pederson.

Look at the dumpster fire that was the Jags under Meyer.

Pederson took over and won the division.
Seth Meyers Thank You GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got a DUI. That is something that is really hard to come back from.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Sean McDermott a finalist for Coach of the Year? The Bills wwere the favorite to win the SB coming into the season, and they didn't even end up with the best rrecord in their conference.

If anything, Andy Reid would be more deserving than him. The other 4 finalists are all very deserving, but I would think Mike McCarthy, Dan Campbell, and especially Kevin O’Connell all had better claims to CoY than McDermott.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Sean McDermott a finalist for Coach of the Year? The Bills wwere the favorite to win the SB coming into the season, and they didn't even end up with the best rrecord in their conference.

If anything, Andy Reid would be more deserving than him. The other 4 finalists are all very deserving, but I would think Mike McCarthy, Dan Campbell, and especially Kevin O’Connell all had better claims to CoY than McDermott.
This award is a joke. Did you know that Andy Reid only won this award once in 2002? That goes to show you how fugaze this is. Andy has as many wins as Matt Nagy and Dick Jauron. But also, Gabol, Pederson, and Shanahan are the final 3. Not sure why they initially released Sirianni’s and McDermott’s names.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree on McDermott but the Bills were the media darling all year. No way he wins over Sirianni, Shanahan or Daboll though so at least there's that. Andy Reid has the same problem that Belichick had during the dynasty. GOAT coaches who get overlooked on the year to year basis because the media just expects it from them. O'Connell would be the one guy of those you mentioned that maybe should have at least been nominated but most people saw the Vikings as fool's gold, even their fans. Campbell did some great things in Detroit but they dug themselves into a huge hole early in the season. McCarthy actually did a really good job this year, all things considered. Pete Carroll should at least get an honorable mention for the Seahawks over-achieving the way they did. And Zack Taylor is a damn good coach but will likely never be recognized due to the shadow of his QB.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP: Burrow
OPOTY: Hurts
DPOTY: Nick Bosa. Flat out dominant game in and out. Should win this.
OROTY: Walker. I get the Wilson and Purdy yak. But if K9 had the whole season. He'd win
DROTY: Gardner. Woolen was a good second choice but Gardner was better for longer.
COTY: Pedersen. From 1st pick to playoffs??????? Who is better?
Assisstant: Ryans
Comeback: McCaffrey. I just don't think that Smith "Not playing" because of someone else is better counts as a Comeback
I pretty much agree Judge other than MVP. I have to go with Mahomes. OPOY for me is a toss-up between Hurts and Jefferson. I had JJ all year but now leaning towards Hurts simply because his late injury might have cost him the MVP. Btw, love the new avi. Hilarious, bro.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think HC's should get a little credit for who they bring in as assistants too. That is a huge factor that often gets overlooked, imo. All 4 guys left this weekend have assembled top notch staffs. And sometimes there is a lot of turnover to address. The perfect example of what not to do is Bill Belichick having Matt fucking Patricia as an OC. He appears to be addressing that with the Bill O'Brien hire but holy fuck, that was stupid.